Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Who?

MacLife/Conors photographer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

What about the shyt Dana was talking about not putting Woodley on another PPV main event, because he's so boring? And surely the only possible mega fight in the UFC would be if GSP gets an impressive win over Bisping, Then they get Wittaker to step aside set up McGregor vs GSP? Would you consider another Diaz fight to be forward movement from McGregor? Seems like going backwards to me?.

I think Woodley took some heat from Dana & a certain cohort of fans because of his style in his past few fights, but I'm of the camp that believes Woodley is a highly talented, highly dangerous individual who fights very smart, and very technical. I think the fact that you'd have the former Featherweight Champion, and current Lightweight Champion, taking a shot at the Welterweight belt...is so unprecedented, so unthinkable, that it'd sell big time. Woodley is a highly talented, highly dangerous chess player....he mightn't guarantee excitement, but he's as dangerous as they come. I believe for its potential historical value, it'd be a big seller.

GSP? Not sure, can't see him coming from Middleweight to Lightweight to be honest...unless Conor was happy to go at 170 with him? It'd certainly be a big fight, but short of it being a bragging right, what's in it for Conor should he win? There's no new belt, no history made etc. I suppose that'll come down to how the Bisping fight goes really, and having not fought for four years, it's hard to see him handling Bisping all that easily.

Personally I've no real interest in Diaz 3. I think McGregor is a far superior fighter than Nate, gas tank notwithstanding. I feel if Conors cardio doesn't let him down, Nate has nothing for him....and I say that as a fan of Nate. The guy is unreal, so bloody tough, but McGregor, in a technical sense, is far above him.

I think the Khabib fight holds the most interest for me, or Tony perhaps.
    But say does win somehow on Saturday. Don't you think he would take a fight with Canelo or GGG? And even if he loses. Wouldn't a boxing fight with Paulie Malinaggi be more lucrative than most fights he could consivably set up next in an octogon?.

Why fight Canelo or GGG? If he beats Mayweather, he'll likely say he's beaten the unbeatable, and beaten the best that boxing had to offer. We all know Conor isn't a pro boxer, and I think it's highly unlikely to see him in the ring with active professional boxers. As I said above, this is a rare opportunity, right time, right place, but I don't believe for a second he'll continue in the ring. He'll return to the UFC, continue to raise his profile, and ultimately, end up as a part owner or somesuch. Boxing doesn't hold that opportunity for him, so why hang around?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ASOT wrote: »

Yeeeess. Here we go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

ASOT wrote: »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh it's fight week offically now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Not sure if everyone watched the MMA Hour or not, couple of things:

1. John said Gunni Nelson's appeal over the Ponzi' loss is being adjudicated by the UFC themselves due to Scotland having no commission, so Marc Ratner is the man. Call me cynical but Dana's favourite person in the world right now rhymes with Shonor McBregor... so it's a slam dunk that gets turned into a No Contest. Not a hope Ratner/Dana will want to annoy Conor :)

2. John made his prediction for the fight. He made 2 predictions:

a) If Floyd comes forward he predicts Conor to KO him inside 60 seconds of round 1.

b) If Floyd fights defensively, he predicts Conor by KO round 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That gun tag thing looks like a great laugh. Mayweather chowing down on burger king :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Not sure if everyone watched the MMA Hour or not, couple of things:

1. John said Gunni Nelson's appeal over the Ponzi' loss is being adjudicated by the UFC themselves due to Scotland having no commission, so Marc Ratner is the man. Call me cynical but Dana's favourite person in the world right now rhymes with Shonor McBregor... so it's a slam dunk that gets turned into a No Contest. Not a hope Ratner/Dana will want to annoy Conor :)

2. John made his prediction for the fight. He made 2 predictions:

a) If Floyd comes forward he predicts Conor to KO him inside 60 seconds of round 1.

b) If Floyd fights defensively, he predicts Conor by KO round 6.

Wow, really? Didn't know they could rule it as a no contest this far out.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That gun tag thing looks like a great laugh. Mayweather chowing down on burger king :pac:

Hahah that was gas. 'Foook off, mine's mad tight!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

.ak wrote: »
    Hahah that was gas. 'Foook off, mine's mad tight!'

Was cracking up at that. Good to see them having a bit of craic without all the high roller wannabe gangster shtick

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Just listening to the song that came out a few days ago, is it the same tune as this?

https://youtu.be/3pRwyKgIatI

Is that a well known tune? It sounds very familiar to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ladies, ladies please. Let's get back to the subject.

Genuine 2 part question for the MMA fans.

(A) What do you think will be McGregor's next move after Aug 26th. Will he retire from combat sports, make a return to the UFC or fight again in Boxing

I think he's done with MMA, win, lose or draw, unless Dana can put something together with monster money for him. I don't think anyone at 155 produces 5 that and I don't think Woodley does at 170. Only GSP maybe.

Win and the money involved would make fights against GGG/Canelo winner or Pacquiao too hard to resist I think.

Lose and maybe a Malignaggi fight can be made.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sounds nothing like it to me

Also love Artem, running through the gaf with a glock, laughing like some Bond villain.

I think he's done with MMA, win, lose or draw, unless Dana can put something together with monster money for him. I don't think anyone at 155 produces 5 that and I don't think Woodley does at 170. Only GSP maybe.

Win and the money involved would make fights against GGG/Canelo winner or Pacquiao too hard to resist I think.

Lose and maybe a Malignaggi fight can be made.

Boxing is dead. He won't make that money again bar a Floyd rematch.

Axwell wrote: »
    Sounds nothing like it to me

You're probably right, it's definitely reminding me of something though and it's driving me mental trying to think of what it is!

Django99 wrote: »
    You're probably right, it's definitely reminding me of something though and it's driving me mental trying to think of what it is!

Waterboys - Fishermans Blues maybe (without all the other instruments just the general tune)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Django99 wrote: »
    Just listening to the song that came out a few days ago, is it the same tune as this?

https://youtu.be/3pRwyKgIatI

Is that a well known tune? It sounds very familiar to me?

Jesus, lasted 10 seconds with that. Mrs Brown in the background says it all.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Id imagine you are supposed to play it some what like paintball where you if you are shot you go back to the start or something, the lads running around just firing 10 shots into someone one after another and getting shot back :D

.ak wrote: »
    Boxing is dead. He won't make that money again bar a Floyd rematch.

a) you've just trotted out an absolute bull**** line with no evidence to support it whatsoever. The"boxing is dead" line is laughable. Well done.

b) The money he would make against any of GGG/Canelo/Pacquiao, if he beats Floyd, would dwarf anything the UFC could pay him.

Waterboys - Fishermans Blues maybe (without all the other instruments just the general tune)

Jesus there's been some outrageous comments on this thread lately but this one takes the biscuit.

(It's a joke. I know you're not directly comparing the two songs)

Jesus there's been some outrageous comments on this thread lately but this one takes the biscuit.

(It's a joke. I know you're not directly comparing the two songs)

Id just love to know how he stumbled across the other one in the first place with Mrs Brown in the background..

Deedsie wrote: »
    If he beats Floyd the money he gets in his next ufc bout would dwarf anything he has received up to now.

Absolutely. Completely irrelevant to the point I was making though.

Id just love to know how he stumbled across the other one in the first place with Mrs Brown in the background..

I actually can't explain it, and it took me a while to even find it. I now have some sort of weird mix of the two tunes stuck in my head. I should stop interneting for the day.

Cheers lads, you've just ruined one of my favourite songs ever and I now have a weird mashup in my head where Fogarty and Mrs Brown are singing about Clare hurling.

Cheers lads, you've just ruined one of my favourite songs ever and I now have a weird mashup in my head where Fogarty and Mrs Brown are singing about Clare hurling.

As long as its played on the ukulele too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Is there a betting thread for this fight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement