Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Episode 2 of embedded is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

EDIT: Beat me to it Rich Tea.

I find myself searching for new contend every few hours. Loving the buzz in fight week. Any idea of other media dates? Surely there will be a presser before weigh in on friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Another good embedded.... Until Mayweather shows up on the skates.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Floyd potentially using a mouthguard with the Irish flag on it. It wouldn't actually surprise me if he wears an Irish colored robe for his entrance or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Floyd potentially using a mouthguard with the Irish flag on it. It wouldn't actually surprise me if he wears an Irish colored robe for his entrance or something

Sure he did this vs De La Hoya.

Junior+Middleweight+Championship+Oscar+De+OqnuakUP3_Px.jpg

I find myself searching for new contend every few hours. Loving the buzz in fight week. Any idea of other media dates? Surely there will be a presser before weigh in on friday.

The fighters 'grand arrival' is on later today. Then the press conference is on tomorrow night. And then obviously the weigh ins Friday night

As for Connor's crew licking arse, that dentist fella would need to have an operation to remove his tongue from Floyd's hole. 100 dollar bill in a mouth guard ffs :pac:

Best thing about TMT is Leonard, that guy's a legend.

Sure he did this vs De La Hoya.

Junior+Middleweight+Championship+Oscar+De+OqnuakUP3_Px.jpg

Yeah exactly that event was in my thinking. I'd be very surprised if his attire was not the Irish colors. He also knows from the world tour that it annoys Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Jaysis, its a worry of the best rounds of the camp were with Artem...

• Advertisement

I find myself searching for new contend every few hours. Loving the buzz in fight week. Any idea of other media dates?

Just the ones ChosenOne mentioned there and the final All Access early Saturday morning.

Much prefer HBO's media build ups as they always have face to face interviews which is something we are really missing with this fight. The world tour was fun but I'd much prefer to see what they'd have to say to one another during an interview format like these ones..........

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As for Connor's crew licking arse, that dentist fella would need to have an operation to remove his tongue from Floyd's hole. 100 dollar bill in a mouth guard ffs :pac:

Best thing about TMT is Leonard, that guy's a legend.

Could be worse, could be Gerry Byrne following Conor around like an Adam Sandler character.

389a4219641e47ced1b711b5bc88aa42--s-movies-comedy-movies.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Could be worse, could be Gerry Byrne following Conor around like an Adam Sandler character.

389a4219641e47ced1b711b5bc88aa42--s-movies-comedy-movies.jpg

Puh puh puh puhlease don't spit in the water :(

Jump to 15 seconds in for the interview unless you want Joe Rogan screaming in your ear...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The lady clearly has no idea what she's meant to talk about
    'How would you compare going 36 minutes to eh, eh, eh what you've done before'

25 minutes is what you're looking for. Big fights bring out the worst media as so little people cover it they have to wheel out clueless reporters for interviews.

Fromvert wrote: »
    The lady clearly has no idea what she's meant to talk about
    'How would you compare going 36 minutes to eh, eh, eh what you've done before'

25 minutes is what you're looking for. Big fights bring out the worst media as so little people cover it they have to wheel out clueless reporters for interviews.

The worst are the likes of Bayless who act like authorities on combat sports and haven't a clue what they're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The worst are the likes of Bayless who act like authorities on combat sports and haven't a clue what they're talking about.

Nate Diaz beat McGregor with that Sumo wrestling :pac:

Fromvert wrote: »
    Nate Diaz beat McGregor with that Sumo wrestling :pac:

40lbs heavier, sure he should have been fighting Jon Jones not Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Is anyone going to sing Amhrán na bhfiann inside the ring? Hatton had Tom Jones sing GSTQ vs Floyd.

Lads What is the crack with this fight? UFC events Id normally think main event around 5:00 am.... Will this be similar or later? I have 0 interest in the under card so if its 6am I might just wake up for the fight. Is there a minimum time this can be on at?

• Advertisement

I didn't think there would be that many fights on before it but yeah, I won't be staying up for the whole card either.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/900087265862467584

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Lads What is the crack with this fight? UFC events Id normally think main event around 5:00 am.... Will this be similar or later? I have 0 interest in the under card so if its 6am I might just wake up for the fight. Is there a minimum time this can be on at?

From watching many major boxing events from Las Vegas I'd say for safety set an alarm for 5. Even if you have to watch some of the last fight on the undercard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

From watching many major boxing events from Las Vegas I'd say for safety set an alarm for 5. Even if you have to watch some of the last fight on the undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I dont even have to much of an interest to be honest, If Conor was fighting in the UFC I'd be on edge all week, for this fight Im just :(

Advantage of the UFC also is there is always a half decent undercard mostly, the undercard on this thing is crap.

I think I'll just set the alarm for this fight and watch it, only reason I am interested in its such a spectacle. Yet again, I hope Conor wins but Floyd wins this fight by KO/TKO within the first 8is rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Is anyone going to sing Amhrán na bhfiann inside the ring? Hatton had Tom Jones sing GSTQ vs Floyd.

Demi Lovato is singing Star Spangled Banner anyway...

In ordinary circumstances, there'd only be one choice for the Irish anthem for a Conor fight.... but I'm not positive Sinead is in a fit condition for that type of night. She has a few songs in Irish and she's sang versions of Amhrán na Bhfiann in the past.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Why did you think they flew your man with the song over for?, he's not there on holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Advantage of the UFC also is there is always a half decent undercard mostly, the undercard on this thing is crap.

Personally pretty excited to see cleverly v Jack, and hopefully Davis will be tested in this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

On a separate note, the DSNT lads in Belfast put together a tribute mix 49ðŸ€-1.

https://soundcloud.com/dsnt/dsnt-podcast-082-ossianconormc-gregortribute

Fair warning, it's fairly heavy techno, and to most will sound like noise, but **** yiz, I listened to yer man with the ukulele with no complaints. 😛

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement