Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I didn't think there would be that many fights on before it but yeah, I won't be staying up for the whole card either.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/900087265862467584

Any boxing fans able to weigh in here - how competitive/exciting should those fights be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Why did you think they flew your man with the song over for?, he's not there on holiday!

Christ, him singing the anthem with the ukulele would be horrid cringe.

Especially after Demi Lovato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SteM

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Why did you think they flew your man with the song over for?, he's not there on holiday!

McGregor said last week that he was flying that lad and a mate over but it wasn't too sing him into the ring. Have plans changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Conor has changed his prediction at the Grand Entrance.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/900110057349578752

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Tis all kicking off at the grand arrival!
    Ariel Helwani‏Verified account @arielhelwani 28m28 minutes ago
    Mayweather arrived. Bit of a cluster in this intense heat. It's currently 99 degrees Fahrenheit. Now waiting for McGregor. I am dizzy.

Ariel Helwani‏Verified account @arielhelwani 12m12 minutes ago
    McGregor arrived. Went around to all the fans. Then did a video scrum. We'll have that shortly.

Ariel Helwani‏Verified account @arielhelwani 59s60 seconds ago
    Total madness here. Mcgregor and Malignaggi had a confrontation. Got it on cam. Coming shortly.

Ariel Helwani‏Verified account @arielhelwani 1m1 minute ago
    Also, as Team Mac came in, Team May was leaving. They crossed paths and there was some shoving. Spoke to McGregor about it.

Ariel Helwani‏Verified account @arielhelwani 1m1 minute ago
    The cluster ended up producing some moments after all.
    Unrelated: I'm shvitzing big time.

https://twitter.com/HelenYeeSports/status/900114085555052544

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Question for the boxing lads here - are any of those undercard fights worth tuning into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Question for the boxing lads here - are any of those undercard fights worth tuning into?

The Davis fight maybe, to see how he looks, still not much of a test for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That lad doesn't have the pipes or the experience to sing the anthem on such a stage.
    It wouldn't fit the scale of the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

TheTownie wrote: »
    Tis all kicking off at the grand arrival!

https://twitter.com/HelenYeeSports/status/900114085555052544

The state of that Dunphy chap, bursting out of another t-shirt with his "hold me back" routine in the corner.

Professional bag carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Christ, him singing the anthem with the ukulele would be horrid cringe.

Especially after Demi Lovato.
    SteM wrote: »
    McGregor said last week that he was flying that lad and a mate over but it wasn't too sing him into the ring. Have plans changed?
    Fromvert wrote: »
    That lad doesn't have the pipes or the experience to sing the anthem on such a stage.
    It wouldn't fit the scale of the event.

Woooosh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Paully D wrote: »
    The state of that Dunphy chap, bursting out of another t-shirt with his "hold me back" routine in the corner.

And you can also hear that Byrne muppet in the back calling Paulie a 'b**ch'

All them lads are goons

Himself and Gerry "Bobby Boucher" Byrne are absolute leeches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

VW 1 wrote: »
    Personally pretty excited to see cleverly v Jack, and hopefully Davis will be tested in this one.

Davis is 1/33, it's a chance for him to look good and KO an opponent with a lot of eyeballs on him. It won't be a test sadly

And you can also hear that Byrne muppet in the back calling Paulie a 'b**ch'

All them lads are goons

Jesus lads the bitterness is eye-watering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Jack vs Cleverly should be very competitive.
    Davis is class but should dominate.
    I wouldn't have much interest in the other fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Jack vs Cleverly should be very competitive. Davis is class but should dominate. I wouldn't have much interest in the other fights.

Looks like I'll be sticking to the original plan of watching a bunch of classic MMA fights as the undercard!

Looks like I'll be sticking to the original plan of watching a bunch of classic MMA fights as the undercard!

I'll be going to bed around 12 and setting the alarm for 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,580 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

walshb wrote: »
    [
    That was one single post if memory servers me. And who was it? A poster that I don't ever recall posting on the forum.
    The cockfighting comment was probably just I comment. That's my point. But the
    In general from what I see it seems to be MMA fans that more use this kind of violent aggressive language when discussing the sport.
    Tone is often misconstrued in type. I'd see posts such as "rip his limbs off" as stating something matter-of-factor, not aggressively. It's a figure of speech. Hyperbole.
    Nobody, especially not grappling fans, want to see somebody's limbs broken, least of all dismembered entirely

Mellor wrote: »
    The cockfighting comment was probably just I comment. That's my point. But the

Tone is often misconstrued in type. I'd see posts such as "rip his limbs off" as stating something matter-of-factor, not aggressively. It's a figure of speech. Hyperbole.
    Nobody, especially not grappling fans, want to see somebody's limbs broken, least of all dismembered entirely

Speak for yourself.

I grew up watching Goro rip limbs from torsos. I live for that day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

.ak wrote: »
    Speak for yourself.

I grew up watching Goro rip limbs from torsos. I live for that day...

ABACABB

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Malinaggi confronts McGregor at media event today, Saying "Bring your balls Conor"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The amount of interviews Paulie has done since he has got to Vegas saying Conor has no balls is insane.......

Got the distinct impression that Dan Hardy doesn't like him as in one of the interviews with Seckbach Pauie was going on and on about how McGregor had no balls against in the first nate fight but Hardy was just nodding away and in his head he must have been thinking 'What the hell would you know'.

As for that interaction......... Conor showed great restraint as he would have been justified in giving him a smack.

I dunno, that seemed to be drama for the sake of drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Who are they anyway? are they related to conor or something, because they look like useless goons

Malinaggi confronts McGregor at media event today, Saying "Bring your balls Conor"

Subtitles for Pauline at the end

"I was trying to get in Conor's way and get his attention cuz I feel neglected and want some of that 100million pie, fight me next Conor!"

LOL the guy is deprived of attention.

Some welt still over his eyes too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Not sure if it's been posted but Donald McRae had a much better article today on McGregor

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/aug/22/inside-conor-mcgregor-dublin-making-fighting-superstar-floyd-mayweather?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Definitely check out Gervonta Davis in action. There is allot of buzz about this last in the boxing world. He is Mayeather's number one prospect, and exciting fighter.

He's on just before the main event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

As always with boxing cards, it's full of 1/100 and 1/33 type favourites against cans with the odd competitive matchup.

Stay in bed and get up for the main event.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement