Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Paully D wrote: »
    As always with boxing cards, it's full of 1/100 and 1/33 type favourites against cans with the odd competitive matchup.

Stay in bed and get up for the main event.

Bowl of cheerios and a mug of tea in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Jesus he's butt hurt........ a different angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'll be going to bed around 12 and setting the alarm for 5.

The sensible option.

The sensible option.

I'll end up having a few pints, staying up late and watching it with a can in my hand in all likelihood.

Paulie caught lying yet again.

He said to the press (in that last clip I posted) that he was just trying to have a word with Audie, but from this angle it's clear he wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

darced wrote: »
    Who is that fat lad that put his hands on Paulie at the end? What a pr1ck he is.

Dunphy.

Initially perhaps, but he said to do the media that all he was trying to do was talk to Audie, but Audie clearly wanted none of him and so if that's all he wanted, then he got his answer, but then he started shouting at Conor as he was being interviewed and that's what led to the situation, not merely him trying to talk to Audie.

It's clear what he's doing. He wants to create an appetite in the public's eye for a fight against McGregor.

Just can't see it happening though. No matter what happens with May/Mac.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Better version of the video. Different angle,
    better sound and quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

god love paulie - a disturbed child

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The chunky lad dunphy is a sight to behold. Walking around with his belly bursting out of his tight fitting shirts and wearing shades indoors like he's Liam Gallagher. What is it about these lads? Their friend makes it big and it goes to their heads. They aren't even the successful ones and they're just as arrogant. Had to laugh at him getting in Paulies face during the scuffle, I'm sure ex world champ Malignaggi was quaking in his boots

Yeah, much better angle....

Audie with the "You were talking out of your contract" was beautiful as that's something Paulie has so far avoided dealing with in all his interviews. After that first spar he never shut his mouth, saying crap like Conor's left was "severely overrated" etc and then expected to saunter back into the McGregor camp and be looked at in awe.

Loved the "I'm a fighter, relax" though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Part of me has felt that the conor and paulie bust up is a set up. Watching the antics there confirns it for me.

Nah, none of it is orchestrated.

Sure McGregor can't act. Have you seen those cowboy ads :p

Nah, none of it is orchestrated.

Sure McGregor can't act. Have you seen those cowboy ads :p

Or the toothpaste ad.

There's a weird vibe in McGregor's camp (from the behind-the-scenes videos). All the fist bumps as he walks in, all the hangers-on clapping and cheering every time he does something. For a person who supposedly has this unshakeable self-belief, he needs an awful lot of pumping up and loves to be surrounded by sycophants.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Part of me has felt that the conor and paulie bust up is a set up. Watching the antics there confirns it for me.

I'm not sure if it's set up, if it's set up why does the fat lad Dunphy put his hand on paulie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I'm not sure if it's set up, if it's set up why does the fat lad Dunphy put his hand on paulie

Because he's the one whose orchestrated the whole thing :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

How is it a set up? Conor is just carrying out his media duties as he has to, and Paulie (crazy for attention) comes over and stands there like a spare tool mouthing off. Paulie is just a bit tapped and that concussion has done serious damage to his mental state of mind. Worrying..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Fat lad can say he touched a champ that defended a belt ?

I seriously feel bad for Paulie, i dont think he is trying to hype up anything but an ego. I dont know who said it maybe Gamebred but id be worried about his mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Paulie was close to tears there at one stage. Also, no way he was getting Audies attention without Conor hearing him.
    Conor actually seemed pretty friendly & respectful at the start, putting his hand on Paulies shoulder, telling everyone relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7ZxNG8f33c

That looks and sounds like a guy with serious mental issues right now. He shouldn't be allowed to work for anyone discussing this fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

if true it says more of Paulies mind than Conor. Conor looks happy with his money and misses and deadly kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I do think Paulie is right about Conor maybe having questionable heart (relatively speaking for a fighter), Diaz 1 he basically gave up and was right on the verge of a repeat in Diaz 2 but dug down and toughed it out.

It's not easy to contradict yourself in the same sentence but you've managed it well here. Good job!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement