Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Conor actually seemed pretty friendly & respectful at the start, putting his hand on Paulies shoulder, telling everyone relax.

Absolutely, and had Paulie just started a discussion and put it to Conor over the photos, the crack house etc, then I could see McGregor having responded to him and given him time..... but what the fcuk are you supposed to say to someone who just keeps roaring "Have you brought your balls, Conor, have you brought you balls?!" into your face over and over.

Truth is he's majorly embarrassed after telling the boxing media six months ago that he'd beat McGregor with one arm behind his back and then having gone to them after that first spar saying his punch was severely overated.......... to then having those images come out and the sparring clip, I think he just realizes that forever more he will never just be seen as an ex boxer turned boxing analyst, as now this will be the biggest thing he'll be notorious for.

Good time for him to bring out an autobiography though. Definitely sell ten times more books now than he would have before. He should cash in, rather than whine non stop on twitter and do a million interviews about it. I'd say people that were on his side, now probably aren't any longer. Was he even this upset about his side piece being taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Looks like Conor Junior was in the middle of pushing and shoving, I'm not one bit comfortable with a 4 month old baby being brought into the middle of that.

"watch the fking baby you fking wanker"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

By saying he had "questionable heart" then saying he "dug down" in order to win, showing heart to do so. It's just a language thing but you have contradicted yourself.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »

Other than show heart? They're your words, stand by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Looks like Conor Junior was in the middle of pushing and shoving, I'm not one bit comfortable with a 4 month old baby being brought into the middle of that.

To be fair it was Conor who iniciated the altercation. He said something about doing a faceoff and Floyd's goons pushed him away. He is the one who is irresponsible for doing that, knowing his son was in the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mcgregor fears the italian stallion paulie malignaggi !

I don't see how that changes anything. Your short paragraph contradicts itself. If you didn't mean to do that then rephrase it. I'm not saying any opinion you have about anything is wrong.

• Advertisement

Tbf, even in the context of having questionable heart........ for a fighter........... it's still a contradiction to then point out that McGregir was on the verge of defeat against Diaz (in the second fight) only for he dug down and toughed it out.

Sure that's the text book definition of having heart as a fighter :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

To be fair it was Conor who iniciated the altercation. He said something about doing a faceoff and Floyd's goons pushed him away. He is the one who is irresponsible for doing that, knowing his son was in the mix.

Banned for saying anything other than praise for the supreme leader Conor, how dare you use logic or facts.

Conor bless

280dc34210b261679921b78c7adad3f4621e4cf745971cccf5cc49a4cc39b5f5.jpg

Eh, what? No idea what you're on about, man.

Here, let me remind you of what you said:

So, with the above you endorsed Paulie's view that McGregor has questionable heart, right?

But yet then you said:
    Diaz 1 he basically gave up and was right on the verge of a repeat in Diaz 2 but dug down and toughed it out.

Which is you now highlighting the one time McGregor's unquestionably shown that he does have heart.

Don't you see the contradiction in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

. it's still a contradiction to then point out that McGregir was on the verge of victory against Diaz (in the second fight) only for he dug down and toughed it out.

The verge of victory.
    Relax and take a minute before calling someone else out on silly contradiction.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    The verge of victory.
    Relax and take a minute before calling someone else out on silly contradiction.

A typo is not a contraction there, chief. Nice try though.

A typo is not a contraction there, chief. Nice try though.

The typo is not the issue..chief...
    Your so fast to jump on another's mistake that you missed your own.

• Advertisement

gitzy16v wrote: »
    The typo is not the issue..chief...
    Your so fast to jump on another's mistake that you missed your own.

Eh, the user didn't make a 'mistake'. In fact he's still adamant there was nothing contradictory in what he said.

To suggest I shouldn't challenge their contradictory views because I made a one word typo is fcuking laughable.

Will leave you to it. Nite nite.

I personally believe Conor showed heart in other ways throughout his career also.

He clearly tore his ACL when Max trapped his leg when Conor was trying to transition to side control and he fought the next 6 minutes with a torn ACL. That's pretty courageous.

He re-injured the ACL rolling with Rory MacDonald in March 2015, to the point it was almost completely out of action in the Mendes camp. That's a display of grit and heart to go into a fight having trained mostly without the use of one leg.

But you're right against Nate we have 2 fights: in the first he gassed and panicked, in the second he fought through it.

I don't mind people raising questions over his heart but in my book anybody who fights 6 minutes on one leg has plenty of heart.

This might sound controversial but I do believe his cardio was far superior when he wasn't fighting at 170lbs. I've watched the Holloway fight many times and Conor looked really fresh in that 3rd round even with a busted ACL.

Even in the Alvarez fight he looked a lot fresher at the 7 minute mark than he did against Nate at the same time.

Plus he'd want to be in supreme condition with all that cycling and rowing he's doing :D

Eh, the user didn't make a 'mistake'. In fact he's still adamant there was nothing contradictory in what he said.

To suggest I shouldn't challenge their contradictory views because I made a one word typo is fcuking laughable.

Will leave you to it. Nite nite.

I thought he made a mistake,so did you.

I didnt suggest you shouldnt challenge it...just challenge it without making your own mistakes.

Nite nite sweetpea.

This might sound controversial but I do believe his cardio was far superior when he wasn't fighting at 170lbs. I've watched the Holloway fight many times and Conor looked really fresh in that 3rd round even with a busted ACL.

Even in the Alvarez fight he looked a lot fresher at the 7 minute mark than he did against Nate at the same time.

Plus he'd want to be in supreme condition with all that cycling and rowing he's doing :D

Im rowing in behind you Wonder..I think Conor KO's him....no way does Floyd hit as hard as Diaz...only gassing MCG does is gassing himself out trying to connect with Floyd(big possibilty he wont touch him)...
    This is the best boxing match up for Conor...an ultra defensive fighter...40..retired..feck all ko power..........
    An actual world champion boxer id give Conor no hope...but against Floyd...a little hope and the only hope is ko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Seems like there's consistenly a lot of very salty disdain for Conor's mates around here...

They seem no different to me than your average 20 something. So they post silly training photo's and wear shades - them and rest of the lads down in Flyefit.

I think it's great they're in his employ - of course he doesn't necessarily need them, but they're there, and good company in crazy times is worth all the money in the world. Doubtless that's what they're really there for. Sure there's s a sycophantic quality but you're dealing with the ego of the world's biggest prize fighter, nothing new there either.

Who better to have your back than your mates - even if it is Paulie Malinaggi!

Seems like there's consistenly a lot of very salty disdain for Conor's mates around here...

They seem no different to me than your average 20 something. So they post silly training photo's and wear shades - them and rest of the lads down in Flyefit.

I think it's great they're in his employ - of course he doesn't necessarily need them, but they're there, and good company in crazy times is worth all the money in the world. Doubtless that's what they're really there for. Sure there's s a sycophantic quality but you're dealing with the ego of the world's biggest prize fighter, nothing new there either.

Who better to have your back than your mates - even if it is Paulie Malinaggi!

The one thing I'd say in defence of all of his mates is they were the exact same guys going to support him when Conor was fighting in Derry and Letterkenny and Portlaoise. People calling them leeches is unfair because they were there when he hadn't a pot to piss in as well.

In other news, the LA Times are reporting via an "industry expert" that Conor v Floyd has likely broken the Live Gate Record of $72.1 million. Article says there's roughly 1,000 tickets left but with the volume sold it has become the biggest gate of all-time.

"We're ecstatic" - Leonard Ellerbe.

Gotta love Ellerbe.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-mayweather-mcgregor-1503424003-htmlstory.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

You keep saying that word quit, I don't think you know what it means...

Inigo+Montoya+-+Mandy+Patinkin+-+Princess+Bride.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement