Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Looks like Conor Junior was in the middle of pushing and shoving, I'm not one bit comfortable with a 4 month old baby being brought into the middle of that.

"watch the fking baby you fking wanker"

Well said. A baby should be nowhere near that sh1t...

Isn't Paulie coming out of all this as D most unlikabke? And that's fooking saying something..

So staged!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

walshb wrote: »
    Well said. A baby should be nowhere near that sh1t...

Isn't Paulie coming out of all this as D most unlikabke? And that's fooking saying something..

So staged!

Man, I'd get a sickener with all those journos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

I really hope Conor never give Pauline red pantie night, he's a fcukin embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Jesus he's butt hurt........ a different angle.

Ah yes, wait until security come over to then turn into a hard man. Good plan.

Honestly though, Paulie will need therapy after all of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

only another few days of rubbish to listen to before this is all over

sunday will be torture for either boxing / mma side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I don't have a sky box or account with sky but I signed up for the fight on the sky box office app.
    Probably a dumb question here but is the sky box office app the actual video player as well? Or is there a separate app I need to view the fight from?

By the way if I'm in the wrong thread apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

Seems like there's consistenly a lot of very salty disdain for Conor's mates around here...

They seem no different to me than your average 20 something. So they post silly training photo's and wear shades - them and rest of the lads down in Flyefit.

I think it's great they're in his employ - of course he doesn't necessarily need them, but they're there, and good company in crazy times is worth all the money in the world. Doubtless that's what they're really there for. Sure there's s a sycophantic quality but you're dealing with the ego of the world's biggest prize fighter, nothing new there either.

Who better to have your back than your mates - even if it is Paulie Malinaggi!

Well said. Interesting too that the goons Floyds hires to be his mates and wipe his arse get a free pass from those same members of the salt brigade.

Deedsie wrote: »
    I enjoyed his analysis and he is good on off the ball but losing all credibility now.

I enjoyed his back and forth with Dan, and I think he really got the "better" of Dan as regards what happens in a boxing match.

Dan talking about Conor being too strong in the clinch/in close. Paulie broke it down and explained it. Dan just saying stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

sc86 wrote: »

sunday will be torture for either boxing / mma side

Why??

Both "sides" as you call them, are in almost unanimous agreement as to who the winner will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

John_D80 wrote: »
    Why??

Both "sides" as you call them, are in almost unanimous agreement as to who the winner will be.

Its the internet/modern culture. You must blindly choose one side and stick to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Paddy Power paying out on Floyd. I'm usually a fan of that sort of thing and especially as Conor is a no hoper but not sure their banter brigade idiot customers will be too happy with them not supporting oirish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Paddy Power paying out on Floyd. I'm usually a fan of that sort of thing and especially as Conor is a no hoper but not sure their banter brigade idiot customers will be too happy with them not supporting oirish.

Humm that is interesting. Are they trying to encourage money on Mayweather from here on in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Humm that is interesting. Are they trying to encourage money on Mayweather from here on in?

Lol . They do it for free advertisement and publicity when they are sure of a result .

It backfired once if you want something to cling on to . That's when Trump got elected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

GerryDerpy wrote: »

Doubt they took huge sums on Floyd anyway, most industry money has been mug money for Conor. The type of sensible customer shopping for bets on Floyd would probably already been limited or closed by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lol . They do it for free advertisement and publicity when they are sure of a result .

It backfired once if you want something to cling on to . That's when Trump got elected

It's backfired a few times IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's backfired a few times IIRC

yes , with tiger woods and some asian guy in the golf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://www.fightprimer.com/blog/2017/8/21/the-primer-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor

This is a great read, breaking down potential strategies for both fighters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

akelly02 wrote: »
    yes , with tiger woods and some asian guy in the golf

Y.E Yang?

John_D80 wrote: »
    Why??

On the boxing forum it's circa 70-30 on the poll. I would call that clear but not really clear, and not near as clear as it should be.

I see you're not in agreement with the majority anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Free advertisement that costs 250k. Good man fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Many on here cheering for floyd on saturday ? A few people il be watching with on saturday want floyd to win

I myself couldnt give a ****e who wins. Just want this to end and see mcgregor back in the octagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

ricero wrote: »
    Many on here cheering for floyd on saturday ? A few people il be watching with on saturday want floyd to win

I myself couldnt give a ****e who wins. Just want this to end and see mcgregor back in the octagon

No doubt there's supporters on both sides. A safe, clean, & interesting fight will be the best result.

• ricero wrote: »

Out of interest are you going to watch it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Y.E Yang?

think thats him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Out of interest are you going to watch it :D

Dont know if i will watch it live or the next morning as soon as i wake up to avoid spoilers.

I will be at a party that night a feel it will be a messy and tiring night

• ricero wrote: »
    Dont know if i will watch it live or the next morning as soon as i wake up to avoid spoilers.

Yea, best bet is to turn off phone and watch in morning if not live that night.
    But goes to show people who don't like the idea of the fight still want to see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

dulux99 wrote: »
    The chunky lad dunphy is a sight to behold. Walking around with his belly bursting out of his tight fitting shirts and wearing shades indoors like he's Liam Gallagher. What is it about these lads? Their friend makes it big and it goes to their heads. They aren't even the successful ones and they're just as arrogant. Had to laugh at him getting in Paulies face during the scuffle, I'm sure ex world champ Malignaggi was quaking in his boots
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Dunphy.

I was wondering who he was in all the videos. As you said the state of him with shades & clothes bet on to him like a twat (has he ever done anything in MMA or is he involved with SBG ?)

He tried to put his hand around Paulie's throat and its a scummy move. No matter whether people like Paulie or not (for what happened during the sparring) hes an ex Pro and would love to see him land on on that tub of lard Dunphy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ricero wrote: »

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yea, best bet is to turn off phone and watch in morning if not live that night.
    But goes to show people who don't like the idea of the fight still want to see what happens!

Agree.
    It happened me when McG fought Aldo. Woke up to all notifications on my phone from the 42.ie :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Paullie knew exactly what he was doing approaching the group at a media scrum. I mean he's gonna be at the event and in Vegas all week, he could have approached Auddie at any other time, when he was on his own. He knew there would be a scene, probably wanted to bring back the whole issue again because people had stopped talking about it.

• Advertisement

• Agree.
    It happened me when McG fought Aldo. Woke up to all notifications on my phone from the 42.ie :(.

Pricks on whatsapp groups sending it out also knowing full well you don't want to know :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement