Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Hazys wrote:
    UFC 205 had a ton of folks over but that was a much "cheaper" ticket and its a shorter/cheaper flight to NYC.

Hazys wrote:
    Will there be many Irish there?

I'd say there will be plenty of Irish in Vegas but not as many at the fight itself, and if there are, they will probably mostly be in the upper tiers considering the exorbatant ticket prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Vlog Ep 3 is up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Vegas should get a good influx of J1 students but unfortunately the students themselves are completely priced out of going to the event. It really is a shame, I travelled to 189 and met my younger brother and all his mates over there and a few of them were able to get tickets. No chance can any of this year's J1 guys afford to go to the event. At least the weigh ins should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I watched Andre Berto's interview with B.Shaubb and he said he was never tested as much in his life as he was in the lead up to fighting Mayweather.

Not sure how much Floyd is dictating the testing for this fight but I has no fear of any tests himself, He's always been clean.

Floyd has always had an excellent relationship with USADA ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Watching the Roddy vlogs and can't help noticing Dalby is the driest of dry sh!tes.

Absolute zero craic out of him, massively more evident when surround by Roddy and the lads having a ball.

The cycling forum on Boards tell some mad stories about Dalby, he was apparently a lunatic when he was younger and amazing craic. I've no idea what changed (if anything).
    Hazys wrote: »
    Will there be many Irish there?

UFC 205 had a ton of folks over but that was a much "cheaper" ticket and its a shorter/cheaper flight to NYC.

Weigh-ins will be jammed with Irish. Venue hardly any. You'll get all the J1'ers doing a road-trip for the free weigh-ins to run amok in Vegas I imagine.
    I'm not suggesting Conor is on the juice, Just that he may not be used testing that boxers mysteriously, or not so mysteriously have to deal with before fighting Floyd. I don't know enough about the UFC drug testing to talk about it

The UFC USADA program is amongst the most prohibitive in all of sports. Conor and Floyd have been tested a combined 13 times in the last 8 weeks (Conor 7, Floyd 6).

According to the USADA database, Conor has been tested 27 times by them:

2015 - 8 times
    2016 - 11 times
    2017 - 5 times (database still to be updated)

He's the most-tested athlete in combat sports in that time period AFAIK, certainly in the UFC. Stephen Thompson, Joanna, Tyron Woodley and Daniel Cormier make up the rest of the top 5.
    Deedsie wrote: »
    Who in the MMA section is saying McGregor will win?

I am for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Press conference is live now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

livestream for the presser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Is there anything to be read into the fact that Paulie is not involved in this presser??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm not suggesting Conor is on the juice, Just that he may not be used testing that boxers mysteriously, or not so mysteriously have to deal with before fighting Floyd. I don't know enough about the UFC drug testing to talk about it

Wasn't suggesting that you were, honestly.

Just saying Conor isn't exactly a newbie to rigorous testing. Although with the "rumoured" extra curricular activities during the earlier part of the year, he'd want to be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Has Paulie been pulled from Showtime? (Mauro Ranallo in his place).

Today was the quietest he's been on Twitter in a long time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Forgot about the J1ers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hope so, If Conor gets schooled during the fight, it will be made 10 times worse to watch with Paulie gloating.

For the record, I have Conor winning by KO by 5th round. ÉIREEEEEEE MUDDER****AAAAASSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I've no idea what way this fight will start.

I can see Conor coming racing out hands wide apart like he does in the octagon and Floyd ripping two or three lightening quick punches straight into his face before Conor even gets set to throw anything

I can see Conor coming rushing out and swinging at air while Mayweather counters him.

I can see Conor completely catching Mayweather off guard with his aggression and tagging him hard and early.

Or a cagey slow start from both while they feel each other out.

Does Floyd underestimate Conor so much that he's the one who comes out aggressive and tries to put Conor away early.

It's so unpredictable, it's fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Easy win for Conor surely. Don't rate this Mayweather chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hope so, If Conor gets schooled during the fight, it will be made 10 times worse to watch with Paulie gloating.

For the record, I have Conor winning by KO by 5th round. ÉIREEEEEEE MUDDER****AAAAASSSS

True, but the converse is also true though, in that wouldn't it be sweet to have him there, should McGregor somehow managed the win......

Be sweet to see how sick he'd be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Not sure if ill get an answer here but with virgin i have sky sports (not hd) i bought in the fight on sky box office foe €24.95 will that be in hd or do i need a sky sports hd subscription? Horizon HD box btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

20/1 on Mayweather win round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

True, but the converse is also true though, in that wouldn't it be sweet to have him there, should McGregor somehow managed the win......

Be sweet to see how sick he'd be.

I dunno if he'd be that sick. His ego is clearly bruised. A Conor win would take a lot of heat off him. Also, a Mayweather beatdown probably kills his chances of a McGregor pay day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

markc91 wrote: »
    Not sure if ill get an answer here but with virgin i have sky sports (not hd) i bought in the fight on sky box office foe €24.95 will that be in hd or do i need a sky sports hd subscription? Horizon HD box btw

Virgin only broadcasting in SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

gitzy16v wrote: »

Didnt expect anything else tbh

This is one of the reasons why boxing sucks and is out of touch with fans...the press conference starts with a bunch of old rich dudes in suits having a circle jerk giving shouts to other old rich dudes who I have never heard of.

Let's go Weasel!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

gitzy16v wrote: »

Why the f don't they have HD?

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Why the f don't they have HD?

Because its Virgin!!:(

How many people are in the crowd at the press conference? 7 people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Without further ado, Id like to introduce without further ado......fcuk off you boring gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Hazys wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons why boxing sucks and is out of touch with fans...the press conference starts with a bunch of old rich dudes in suits having a circle jerk giving shouts to other old rich dudes who I have never heard of.

Atmosphere of a funeral so far.

If this was a UFC presser involving Conor you'd have plastic glasses of beer flying, flags everywhere, ole ole, etc. Ok people have mixed opinions on that but I'd take that any day over this...

• Advertisement

How many suits have to say the same bloody thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement