Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

sonofenoch wrote: »
    They won't have a clue what mma or the ufc is ......they're just all over it with ****e because they got the coverage.......if they didn't have it it wouldn't exist, bit like the CL and Euros/WC when they come around

Has there been any ufc clips shown on sky? Possibly all sorts of copyright ****e at play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,607 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Has there been any ufc clips shown on sky? Possibly all sorts of copyright ****e at play

There have been stills...copyright issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,686 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Even Dana wasn't his usual red faced self. And he forgot to introduce Conor.

And Leonard Ellerbe normally cant stop smiling at these events but at that presser looked like he was at a funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

xtal191 wrote: »

Great interview. One thing about Conor is how good he is with media, its amazing how someone with no formal training or screen work is such a natural at it. He's a media person's wet dream, every time he opens his mouth is a soundbite and a good one at that, and he rarely repeats himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,607 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What's the view on Wayne McCullough?

Is he bullsh1tting porkie telling? One interview he's appearing to give Conor no chance, as well as ramming it down our throats how Floyd is his buddy..

Then he's on Sky and suddenly Conor is going to win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

walshb wrote: »

Is he bullsh1tting porkie telling? One interview he's appearing to give Conor no chance, as well as ramming it down our throats how Floyd is his buddy..

Depends who is paying him at the time I suppose!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

.ak wrote: »
    Great interview. One thing about Conor is how good he is with media, its amazing how someone with no formal training or screen work is such a natural at it. He's a media person's wet dream, every time he opens his mouth is a soundbite and a good one at that, and he rarely repeats himself.

This interview was great, the side of Conor that mainstream Irish media should celebrate.

Seen this floating around on Reddit:

https://imgur.com/40RZvu2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Interesting interview with Cortez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheCatSpangler

xtal191 wrote: »

That's my favourite interview I've seen with him. I love when he talks about fighting, about competing in combat sports, his enthusiam and love for it is so infectious. I've got to admit, I laugh away at his thrash talk and his one liners and all that. I do. Its gas, he's a witty guy, but its often cringe worthy. But I like him in spite of all that carry on, I like him on a personal level for his attitude towards fighting, he's a sporting competitor and a martial artist through to his bone marrow. Its great when that side of him can come across.

Excellent little promo from UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

robin black interviewing JK. interesting comments on Artem's hands down approach.
    http://www.tsn.ca/video/mcgregor-bringing-an-mma-mentality-to-the-boxing-ring~1193176
    Someone on here said that robin black was fired. Is that true? I know he was with fight network but not anymore, but did not think he was fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

walshb wrote: »

Do you mean the interview that was posted, where he went on about reaching out to Conor about sparring, and getting no reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone know the time of the weigh-ins? Also what should we expect from this referee Byrd?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know the time of the weigh-ins? Also what should we expect from this referee Byrd?

11pm Irish time tonight (Friday).

Byrd is really old. He's 74. Not saying that in an ageist way but he might be a tad slower than other ref's to get into the clinch to break them up.

The other part of that, and I'm not sure if it's age-related or not, but he let an awful amount of stuff go in the Ward-Kovalev fight that he didn't in earlier fights. There was tons of in-fighting and 'dirty' stuff in the clinch and he basically just let them at it.

If he ref's it the way he did that fight, then it's good news for Conor.

Thanks wonder, excellent article btw, you have a great knack for storytelling

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thanks wonder, excellent article btw, you have a great knack for storytelling

Thank you. Two days until the tooth fairy arrives :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

yea wonder not to blow smoke up your ass but your articles are next level bro

Chris Eubank being interviewed by Ariel right now. Saying Conor can absolutely win.

mmafighting.twitter.com

Paulie was at Floyd's gym today apparently........ for a trolling cameo in the last episode of All Access no doubt.

pauliemayweather.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Floyd and Paulie clowing on Connor at the Mayweather boxing gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

2 weasels

For anyone who missed it, that was an incredible interview with Chris Eubank.

He literally quoted verbatim from memory the entire poems of 'If' by Rudyard Kipling and a tribute to Conor by reciting 'Invictus' by William Ernest Henley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Jaysus Paulie....just stop already! Standing there with his signed poster like a kid who queued up all night. Tragic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

god almighty Paulie needs to find his own balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

For anyone who missed it, that was an incredible interview with Chris Eubank.

He literally quoted verbatim from memory the entire poems of 'If' by Rudyard Kipling and a tribute to Conor by reciting 'Invictus' by William Ernest Henley.
    And there was something in there by Roosevelt on critics. Very good interview Ariel was blown away.:)
    Jaysus Paulie....just stop already! Standing there with his signed poster like a kid who queued up all night. Tragic.
    Wonder can conor come at him for breaching the NDA?? Paulie is a clown. Can understand Floyd using him here tho. although it does not reflect well on them in my mind. Doubt conor will care

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement