Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Malignaggi gone full crazy ex-girlfriend at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

2:22:00 Eubank recites 'If'
    2:32:12 Eubank recites 'Invictus' in tribute to Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Some show on ESPN 2 I'm watching now where they just showed some more of the Paulie sparring... Robin Black is narrating some of it.

Some show on ESPN 2 I'm watching now where they just showed some more of the Paulie sparring... Robin Black is narrating some of it.

Watching it here but I didn't see any sparring I saw more of Conor pinging the head off him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

ye RB said that there was more footage and he had seen it. And he was working on something special for Dana. This might be it. Be good if it goes up on youtube. I think conor offered it to showtime but they did not want to do anything with it.

• Advertisement

Hopefully it'll be uploaded soon enough... but could of sworn there was a new few seconds segment shown.

Hopefully it'll be uploaded soon enough... but could of sworn there was a new few seconds segment shown.

Yeah there was! The parts where Paulie was wearing his hoodie was new but I was trying to say it was still Conor landing shots :)

Was interesting to see Volkan Oezdemir say Conor will KO Floyd in the very first round. I mean, I'm aware he's a UFC fighter supporting his own but the way he said it he seemed pretty convinced in his own mind that Conor will walk straight through Floyd. Plus, if anyone should be trusted as an authority on Round 1 KO's it's Volkan :P

Floyd on UFC Tonight earlier..............

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

why don't they have them interviewed together like the Diaz one on the money channel. Has Floyd done that in the past when he was the promoter with Showtime? Maybe he doesn't want to do it with Conor, cos Conor would eat him up! Would deffo get more sells I would think.

Yeah, the HBO Face to Face interviews are always excellent... don't think Showtime ever do similar though, fighters always seem to be interviewed separately. Don't remember Berto & Porter or Broner & Garcia being interviewed together anyway.

Showtime are pretty useless overall imo. Even their pressers are crap.

• Advertisement

Here's the sparring segment from the show......

Obviously we're just seeing stuff which favours McGregor, but still, some nice shots landed all the same.

Dana was saying Showtime pulled another weasel move and only informed the UFC on Wednesday that they were responsible for finding a singer for Amhran na Bhfiann. Dana wouldn't say who they got but by the big smile on his face when he said "it's a crazy story" I'm thinking it might be Sinead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dana was saying Showtime pulled another weasel move and only informed the UFC on Wednesday that they were responsible for finding a singer for Amhran na Bhfiann. Dana wouldn't say who they got but by the big smile on his face when he said "it's a crazy story" I'm thinking it might be Sinead!

Wonder if she's gonna look like the found her in a fcukin bin like she did last time, that was probably one of my favourite comments i ever read on boards

Here's the sparring segment from the show......

Obviously we're just seeing stuff which favours McGregor, but still, some nice shots landed all the same.

What impressed me from the added footage is we get to see Conor landing shots from his usual MMA bladed stance. The first left hand illustrates it pretty well, he creams him with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Based on the "crazy story" bit, I'm guessing it's the ukulele dude. :(

scudzilla wrote: »
    Wonder if she's gonna look like the found her in a fcukin bin like she did last time, that was probably one of my favourite comments i ever read on boards

Haha.

Dana said he called Bono first who said he'd love to do it but couldn't get out of another commitment.

I'd love it if it actually is Sinead and Dana certainly hinted at it being a female singer, who else do we have? Can't be dealing with Niall Horan doing it anyway.

Highly doubt it's Sinead given she's not in the best of health at the minute and don't think they'd want to put her under any pressure when she appears so fragile.

Highly doubt it's Sinead, she's not in the best of health at the minute and don't think they would want to put her under any pressure when she appears so fragile.

Yeah true. I don't know. It's not the ukulele guy anyway because he's already on the way and would do it for free lol, Dana said they got the 'deal done' today.

I'm sure we'll find out today anyway. Wouldn't mind Colm Wilkinson doing it he'd bring shivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Haha.

Dana said he called Bono first who said he'd love to do it but couldn't get out of another commitment.

I'd love it if it actually is Sinead and Dana certainly hinted at it being a female singer, who else do we have? Can't be dealing with Niall Horan doing it anyway.

Twink :pac::pac::pac:

Did he say she was defo Irish?

If not, could be Sarah McLachlan, as she's a big name in the states and has sung the Foggy Due a bunch of times on tour with The Chieftains... (jump to 4m 17s):

Imelda May would be a travesty anyway. Second only to Linda Martin singing Up All Night to Get Lucky.

• Advertisement

Did he say she was defo Irish?

If not, could be Sarah McLachlan, as she's a big name in the states and has sung the Foggy Due a bunch of times on tour with The Chieftains... (jump to 4m 17s):

Imelda May would be a travesty anyway. Second only to Linda Martin singing Up All Night.

To be fair I'm very tired and interpreting a lot into what he said because he technically said "the person" singing it, he didn't specify female or male but the way he said it as a "crazy story" and "person" I thought it was hinting towards Sinead.

Also, in the interests of correcting myself Dana said Bono has a wedding to attend not just any prior commitment. :rolleyes:

5:50

You can see he felt it was more Showtime shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

I would be avoiding the boxing forum like the plague lads.

A phenomenal amount of wankery going on over there.

seiphil wrote: »
    I would be avoiding the boxing forum like the plague lads.

A phenomenal amount of wankery going on over there.

I think a high % of people on this forum would love to see Conor pull this off but there's also a fair number who'd love to see him flattened, so it's not just the boxing forum.

It's actually really difficult to visualize either man being knocked out. We've seen Floyd dropped before even though he got away with putting his hand down, but we've never seen Conor dropped.

My biggest fear in this fight is Conor being stopped by a vicious body shot. I've no worries about Floyd KO'ing him to the head but the body is a huge question mark. There was a stat put up today that Conor has only been hit to the body 77 times in his entire career ...and 59 of those were by Nate.

So he's not used to getting ripped to the body by an elite boxer. That's the biggest concern I have. Otherwise I think he'll perform phenomenally well and win the fight.

Final guess: The Corrs!

Jim would be mad crack back at the Mac Mansion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lads if I buy the fight as a non sky customer can I get it in HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,607 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do you mean the interview that was posted, where he went on about reaching out to Conor about sparring, and getting no reply?

Yes. Then he suddenly appears on Sky and he's trying to sell us the upset..

Froch at it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Had a dream last night that I fell asleep and missed the fight. When I woke it was breaking news on every channel, the internet was crazy, Conor knocked him out. This dream was crystal clear an felt so real. If ever there was a sign to go throw 500 on Conor 😊😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

martyos121 wrote: »
    Based on the "crazy story" bit, I'm guessing it's the ukulele dude. :(

If I hear that sh1t one more time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

scudzilla wrote: »
    Twink :pac::pac::pac:

"Ziiiipppp uuuuuupppp, your mickey....."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I know wonder posted it already but here's the MMA Hour edited clip for anyone who hasn't watched Chris Eubank's interivew with Ariel yet. Could honestly listen to this man for hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement