Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

walshb wrote: »
    Yes. Then he suddenly appears on Sky and he's trying to sell us the upset..

Froch at it as well.

You might want to watch that Fight Hub interview again.

The very first words, and what Wayne repeats over and over in that interview is "He (Conor) has a shot," that Floyd may "get old" and that Conor us "the unknown."

Now, I haven't seen the Sky stuff, so I don't know what he said there, but to say he was writing Conor off, then flipfloped his opinion is just incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I know wonder posted it already but here's the MMA Hour edited clip for anyone who hasn't watched Chris Eubank's interivew with Ariel yet. Could honestly listen to this man for hours.

Chris Eubank is from both the past and the future. And he he's also in the matrix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Final guess: The Corrs!

Jim would be mad crack back at the Mac Mansion.

Daniel O'Donnell? Singing maniac 2000. :p

Daniel O'Donnell? Singing maniac 2000. :p

Big Tom or no one, imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

.....would be great walk out music....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Dave0301

No. No, it wouldn't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Nah if McGregor were to ever walk out to heavy music it'd have to be Empire Falls by Primordial. Perfectly Irish and perfect sing-along chorus for a fight.

Was absolutely buzzing watching UFC 189 when Rory McDonald walked out to Tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,607 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You might want to watch that Fight Hub interview again.

The very first words, and what Wayne repeats over and over in that interview is "He (Conor) has a shot," that Floyd may "get old" and that Conor us "the unknown."

Now, I haven't seen the Sky stuff, so I don't know what he said there, but to say he was writing Conor off, then flipfloped his opinion is just incorrect.

I get you.

Just thought it was a bit of a swing from the first interview till the Sky one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Here's some walking out music...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's in stark contrast to the noises Roddy and Kavanagh have been making about what they've seen in sparring.

What else can they say, to be honest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Roddy comes across like a sound fella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Effects wrote: »
    What else can they say, to be honest?

No, it's fine for them to say what they're saying. My point is, they sound so confident and positive about the sparring that they had me thinking maybe... But then i see Joe Cortez and Bradley Tiernan struggling to be complimentary and i cop myself on. I wanted to believe. I do hope Conor wins though.

For me they are way OTT in what they are spouting. It comes across as utter spoofing. If they toned it down and structured their "confidence" a bit more they may sell it a bit more.

I know Floyd has bullsh1tted in the past, but he is on record quite a bit saying the fight won't last the distance.

I am going to believe him this time that he wants to end it inside the distance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

But then i see Joe Cortez and Bradley Tiernan struggling to be complimentary and i cop myself on. I wanted to believe. I do hope Conor wins though.
    Tiernan Bradley has been very complimentary towards Conor anytime I've read his thoughts on the fight. After the Paulie spar he said Conor was the clear winner and looked very impressive.

walshb wrote: »
    I get you.

Just thought it was a bit of a swing from the first interview till the Sky one...

Given that I haven't seen the Sky sports stuff (does anyone have a link to it online?) I don't know how much he weighted in behind Conor, but on Obviously Fight Talk, 18th Jul, Wayne said Conor has a chance. This week, on the Fight Hub TV video, which we're discussing, he said Conor has a chance. So, for at least a month, he's held that line.

And here he is again, repeating the same line, that yes, Floyd should win, but Conor has a chance.

https://twitter.com/WayneMcCullough/status/900862982397100032?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Pighead wrote: »
    Tiernan Bradley has been very complimentary towards Conor anytime I've read his thoughts on the fight. After the Paulie spar he said Conor was the clear winner and looked very impressive.

Yep here's a recent interview with him. Very complimentary of Conor.

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/boxing/2017/08/23/news/in-mcgregor-s-corner-fight-week-fever-and-why-notorious-is-going-to-shock-the-world-1117573/

• Chris Eubanks is a likeable guy
    Respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Mindsmash analysing Conor's stance in Malignaggi footage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Just watched the Eubank interview. My god. What a man.

Mindsmash analysing Conor's stance in Malignaggi footage :)

Great to see more footage from the sparring. It is evidence for the theory. I now only give Mayweather a puncher's chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Great to see more footage from the sparring. It is evidence for the theory. I now only give Mayweather a puncher's chance.

Oh definitely, Conor is a master pro boxer and Pauli was in peak physical shape at the time and had just come off an extended period of hard training, it's usual to go 12 rounds with your sparring partners as well rather than break it up and bring in multiple guys. Conor for the win for sure. Conor's sparring with Artem also shows that he is the best, 49-1 no problem :rolleyes:

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Oh definitely, Conor is a master pro boxer and Pauli was in peak physical shape at the time and had just come off an extended period of hard training, it's usual to go 12 rounds with your sparring partners as well rather than break it up and bring in multiple guys. Conor for the win for sure. Conor's sparring with Artem also shows that he is the best, 49-1 no problem :rolleyes:

Conor is a poor boxer relative to pro boxing levels. But this is Bruce Lee **** :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Imagine Floyd came in as out of shape as Paulie

Lukker- wrote: »

It wouldn't affect the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lukker- wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Can the predictions poll be opened please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

cloudatlas wrote: »

I can see it now. Conor won the fight but he lost the boxing match......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Can the predictions poll be opened please ?

The thread will be opened later this evening after i have had time to update it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lads, had Eubank said something favourable about McGregor or his chances in the fight, or is there another reason you're falling all over him?

The man is a grade A moron.

• Advertisement

• Axwell wrote: »
    The thread will be opened later this evening after i have had time to update it

Busy weekend ahead lad ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement