Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Chris Eubanks is a likeable guy
    Respect

Could never warm to him myself, not really sure why, nice that an Irishman was responsible for two of his defeats.
    A great entertainer and a true boxing great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Stupid question but is there a belt on the line in this fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭SteM

dave1982 wrote: »

The Money Belt!

http://fightnews.com/wbc-unveils-money-belt/3479

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not a stupid question, but could be a stupid answer coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Lads, had Eubank said something favourable about McGregor or his chances in the fight, or is there another reason you're falling all over him?

The man is a grade A moron.

Why so? (Genuinely, all I know of Eubank was what I've seen in the last few days, and I think I saw Collins Eubank way back when.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Busy weekend ahead lad ;)

He'll nearly need to draft in a few more mods as back up!!

Axwell how about a poll for how many warnings and bans are gonna be issued for misbehaviour in the event thread!!!?? ;-)

moneybelt.jpg

AKA Absolute Nonsense Belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

So Conor McGregor will be the Champ-Champ-Champ by sunrise on Sunday.

Why so? (Genuinely, all I know of Eubank was what I've seen in the last few days, and I think I saw Collins Eubank way back when.)

Had a kid with a mistress and refuses to have anything to do with the kid. That's enough for me

• To follow on from that fasincating insite to what Eubanks was saying;

It's possible that the fight could go this way, Collins was relentless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Any one know what time the weigh in is at? And will there be a stream on YouTube?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

It took 5 wipes to clean my bum today so I'm backing Conner for ko in round 5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

John_D80 wrote: »
    He'll nearly need to draft in a few more mods as back up!!

Axwell how about a poll for how many warnings and bans are gonna be issued for misbehaviour in the event thread!!!?? ;-)

Oh there wont be any warnings....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

can we get the fight through Apple TV does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

can we get the fight through Apple TV does anyone know?

Don't think so, but you might be able to airplay the stream to Apple TV if you watch it on the web player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Jaysus they're really milking this fellas song, fair ****s to the lad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYNB0bVF3N9/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

xtal191 wrote: »
    Jaysus they're really milking this fellas song, fair ****s to the lad.

There's footage from his flight over floating around now where he performed it on the plane. By the end of the song, the whole plane is chiming in.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There's footage from his flight over floating around now where he performed it on the plane. By the end of the song, the whole plane is chiming in.

I hate myself for saying this, but it's horrid catchy, and if I was on the plane, I'd be belting it out.

My sky viewing card just broke and they won't have a new one out to me for 10 days...... F*"$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

It is ridiculously catchy. It's gonna be the anthem of the weekend for all the Irish over in Vegas.

• Advertisement

My sky viewing card just broke and they won't have a new one out to me for 10 days...... F*"$

I feel I need to ask, how did you break a viewing card? You're not supposed to eat them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If you have a laptop or something use Sky Go and plug in with a HDMI

I feel I need to ask, how did you break a viewing card? You're not supposed to eat them

No idea how!!

That is why I asked if we can get the fight through Apple TV a few posts back!

This is less than ideal!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I hate myself for saying this, but it's horrid catchy, and if I was on the plane, I'd be belting it out.

If you were on the plane on the way over to the scrap, you'd definitely get involved in the sing song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Any one know what time the weigh in is at? And will there be a stream on YouTube?

Nearly sure its 11pm. Lots of youtube channels will steam it. I tend to stick with the official UFC or showtime stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So Conor McGregor will be the Champ-Champ-Champ by sunrise on Sunday.
    There's a belt up for grabs are a prize, but there's no title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I've long been converted to the opinion that Nate Diaz is a lot smarter than he sounds... This week he has done more interviews than he did in the entire year before it.

Looks to me like he knows the right time to shut up and the right time to get his name back out there into the discussion. Paulie Malignaggi could do with taking notice lol.

No idea how!!

That is why I asked if we can get the fight through Apple TV a few posts back!

This is less than ideal!!

Sky go on the laptop and HDMI will be your answer I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

To follow on from that fasincating insite to what Eubanks was saying;

It's possible that the fight could go this way, Collins was relentless.

I'll say one thing - if the ref lets as much go as the Collins-Eubank ref did, Conor's team will be delighted! There was some amount of wrestling in the clinch going on there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

So mayweather Paulie thing... Is it something team McGregor should be worried about ? Like how much would McGregor have revealed in all those rounds? A bit I'd say. Or did they know he'd go running? But then why get him to sign an nda? Will they sue him over that as now they have video evidence of him breaking it in a serious manner?

Anyone else can't help but feel team McGregor are letting the outside know too much about their game plan?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement