Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Sky go on the laptop and HDMI will be your answer I'd say.

Can't see sky go the fight but you can buy it on sky box office and view on the laptop then use hdmi

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

.ak wrote: »
    So mayweather Paulie thing... Is it something team McGregor should be worried about ? Like how much would McGregor have revealed in all those rounds? A bit I'd say. Or did they know he'd go running? But then why get him to sign an nda? Will they sue him over that as now they have video evidence of him breaking it in a serious manner?

Anyone else can't help but feel team McGregor are letting the outside know too much about their game plan?

Nothing to be worried about, any info would only be useful a few weeks ahead of the fight to prepare for it. Camp is finished so there's no way they can start to come up with any analysis or strategy.

They are giving nothing away about the game plan I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Can't see sky go the fight but you can buy it on sky box office and view on the laptop then use hdmi

Well you know what I meant. Don't be nitpicking this isn't the boxing forum :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

So mayweather Paulie thing... Is it something team McGregor should be worried about ? Like how much would McGregor have revealed in all those rounds? A bit I'd say. Or did they know he'd go running? But then why get him to sign an nda? Will they sue him over that as now they have video evidence of him breaking it in a serious manner?

Anyone else can't help but feel team McGregor are letting the outside know too much about their game plan?

I was thinking that myself, granted they are releasing the footage to both annoy Paulie and show that this fight isn't a forgone conclusion. But they are giving some away with it.

You never see Floyd releasing anything, he released exactly what he wants you to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

i was in paddy power today
    place was full of people backing mcgregor
    if he wins mr paddy power will be in tears

15 / 2 for knockout in rounds 1- 3
    10 - 1 rounds 4-6
    22 - 1 for first round

lets dream lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭SteM

sc86 wrote: »
    i was in paddy power today
    place was full of people backing mcgregor
    if he wins mr paddy power will be in tears

15 / 2 for knockout in rounds 1- 3
    10 - 1 rounds 4-6
    22 - 1 for first round

lets dream lol

Mugs bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Does sound like the fight hasn't done as well as they initially thought it would.

Ezpinoza saying it won't break the MayPac records. 7000 tickets still to be sold. MGM hotel rooms being reverted back to standard prices etc.

Dunno felt like there was more hype and buzz on the media tour week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Eubank sold me the fight more than anything in the past 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Ezpinoza saying it won't break the MayPac records. 7000 tickets still to be sold. MGM hotel rooms being reverted back to standard prices etc.

Dunno felt like there was more hype and buzz on the media tour week.

Mayweather said the live gate record has been broken already. Not sure if he was making that up but they're expecting the gate to be beat by the end anyways. Think Espinoza was specifically referring to the PPV's which is also too early to tell yet. I'd say the large bulk of those will be bought on the night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mayweather said the live gate record has been broken already. Not sure if he was making that up but they're expecting the gate to be beat by the end anyways. Think Espinoza was specifically referring to the PPV's which is also too early to tell yet. I'd say the large bulk of those will be bought on the night.

From what Dana is saying, the PPV and Online views are just there and that's before the final flurry.
    It's the number of seats left in the venue that appears to be the problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Yeah but the same was true for the MayPac fight, it should be fairly predictable what % is bought on each day of fight week. If it is trending lower than MayPac now then I can't see any reason why it would beat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/900819048019009536

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/901100134162866176

Saw these over the last few days, I am guessing the cheaper hotel prices is to tempt people to at least go to Vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/901087775281238016

Imagine if McGregor was able to give Paulie a knock about without using any of his best attacks.

should post that in boxing section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

.ak wrote:

I think it's safe to assume that Malinaggi has been in contact with Team Mayweather since the beginning. And Floyd knows every detail of what Paulie saw or experienced with McGregor.

He was never paid by Conor so any contact agreements are null and void.

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Nothing to be worried about, any info would only be useful a few weeks ahead of the fight to prepare for it. Camp is finished so there's no way they can start to come up with any analysis or strategy.

You think that was Floyd's and Paulie's first contact last night? I seriously doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think it's safe to assume that Malinaggi has been in contact with Team Mayweather since the beginning. And Floyd knows every detail of what Paulie saw or experienced with McGregor.

He was never paid by Conor so any contact agreements are null and void.

You think that was Floyd's and Paulie's first contact last night? I seriously doubt it.

The bolded part is not true. That's not how NDA's work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Been waiting for this. Robin Black hinting at his work on it all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

The bolded part is not true. That's not how NDA's work.

I'm not a lawyer, but surely a contract of employment would be a separate document to an NDA?

And didn't Paulie leave of his own accord, prior to payment, rather than Conor withholding payment?

I reckon, if they wanted, Team McGregor could swamp Paulie in litigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Quick question for any of ye that want to answer.

Has anyone changed their opinion over the last few weeks? And if so, what changed it - and from what to what now?

For the record, my mind hasn't changed - still a tko for FM within 4 rounds (and I hope I am wrong)

In regards to the Paulie/ Mayweather thing. I believe it's more significant than allot of people think. I think it goes back to B Schaub's inalogy about Floyd being a boxing super computer, who spends the first few rounds of a fight 'downloading' his opponent's game. Paulie can pass on info on Conor's approach, his tendencies, how he moves, how he throws, what he does after throwing, etc etc...
    All info that Floyd can use to "download" McGregor earlier in the fight. As soon as Floyd has Conor figured out, he's absolutely fcked. Floyd will just pick him apart and when Conor is gassed in the later rounds, Floyd can just unload to the body and get the stoppage he is looking for

everlast75 wrote: »

Has anyone changed their opinion over the last few weeks? And if so, what changed it - and from what to what now?

For the record, my mind hasn't changed - still a tko for FM within 4 rounds (and I hope I am wrong)

Very early on I was saying Mayweather. But just because I hadn't formed my own opinion. I was going with the consensus.

I have had McGregor as favourite now for about 4 weeks. Slight favourite gradually moving. Today I give him 90's % likelihood of winning. I give Mayweather a puncher's chance. He won't get to round 12 to win on the scorecards. And he damn sure ain't knocking McGregor out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I thought Conor by KO and now I think Conor by Unanimous Decision. I've no logical reasoning for either prediction.

I'm not a lawyer, but surely a contract of employment would be a separate document to an NDA?

And didn't Paulie leave of his own accord, prior to payment, rather than Conor withholding payment?

I reckon, if they wanted, Team McGregor could swamp Paulie in litigation.

Yep NDA is in no way tied to payment. I've to sign NDAs all the time with companies that are trying to sell their wares. Most of the time we don't end up doing business, NDA is still valid.

Anyone watching the MMA Hour right now?

Trouble in paradise with Team Mayweather...

Floyd Sr. says he might not be in Floyd's corner, is talking about friction with his son and won't be told until tomorrow if he's in the corner or not. Also says he didn't attend too many training sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Yep NDA is in no way tied to payment. I've to sign NDAs all the time with companies that are trying to sell their wares. Most of the time we don't end up doing business, NDA is still valid.

It's entirely dependent on the terms of the NDA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Most likely BS re: Mayweather camp.

They created a load of nonsense about Jeff lying to the media about Zab Judah the day before MayPac too if I recall right.

I always got the impression that Floyd never listened to a word Snr said to him in the ring anyway.

Seems to be him just trying to be loyal more than anything.

everlast75 wrote: »

My prediction is the same as yours TKO inside 4 for Floyd.
    It hasn't changed at all but based on what has happened in recent weeks, I am more sure of my prediction then I was before.

Why? Because I believe Floyd will be more likely now to go for the KO, His statement at the final presser, "I 100% garuntee this fight will not go the distance" I believe he is being serious, Also the drop to 8oz gloves is significant. I think Floyd feels he will score the KO more easily in 8s. All of his previous KO's came in 8s. I think Floyd feels his shots will have more impact and the small gloves will aslo provide less defensive coverage for his opponent. I don't buy the nonsense about Floyd wanting 8s to make Conor more comfortable. He wants 8s because he wants to knock him out.

• Advertisement

floyd has said same crap before all his fights

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement