Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Most likely BS re: Mayweather camp.

They created a load of nonsense about Jeff lying to the media about Zab Judah the day before MayPac too if I recall right.

I always got the impression that Floyd never listened to a word Snr said to him in the ring anyway.

Seems to be him just trying to be loyal more than anything.

Yeah he said Floyd Jr. looked like trash in training and "something isn't right" since Sr. left the camp to visit his mother in Michigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

everlast75 wrote: »
    Quick question for any of ye that want to answer.

Has anyone changed their opinion over the last few weeks? And if so, what changed it - and from what to what now?

For the record, my mind hasn't changed - still a tko for FM within 4 rounds (and I hope I am wrong)

I've had it pegged for Floyd all along, even though I've argued Conor stands a chance.

But after watching
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Been waiting for this. Robin Black hinting at his work on it all week.

Conor, somewhere in round 1-6.

WOOO WOOOOOOOO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Father and son before the last round of his last fight.

I am looking forward to this farce being over tomorrow night. Hopefully Conor can escape without being harmed to much and can make it back for a MMA fight before the end of the year.

Floyd to win inside 6 and to make it look very easy. People can give all these stupid stats all they want, Conor has never booked at a high level and is going to get embarrassed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You think that was Floyd's and Paulie's first contact last night? I seriously doubt it.

Maybe not the first, but I doubt they've had any before the sparring and fallout.
    Paulie is just trying to get a payday against McGregor and doing whatever he can do stoke that fire.
    The thing at the media junket was because there was press there.
    And honestly, you could probably track Paulie's movements over the past few weeks as he tends to let everyone know where he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Anyone watching the MMA Hour right now?

Trouble in paradise with Team Mayweather...

Floyd Sr. says he might not be in Floyd's corner, is talking about friction with his son and won't be told until tomorrow if he's in the corner or not. Also says he didn't attend too many training sessions.

Are you falling for that, honestly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Father and son before the last round of his last fight.

Saw this on reddit a while back, funny stuff.

https://streamable.com/10svp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I will be opening the main event thread later before the weigh-ins.

I suggest everyone read the first post and takes note if you intend on posting there. (its stickied at the top of the forum for now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Conor via Bruce Lee ****.

I think Conor's cardio is probably gonna be the best it's ever been. Not necessarily saying that that will counteract the fatigue of 90% of his punches hitting air, but there'll be no grappling or kicks and he's been doing that FAST program for a fair while now. I reckon he can keep up a pace until at least round 6, maybe slow down for a bit and could get a second wind towards the tail end of the fight if he's still standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just stuck €25 on a mayweather ko/tko/disqualification at 7/10.

And €3 on mayweather win in round 3.

I know mcgregor is an unknown to mayweather but surely he'll figure him out inside a round or two and then POW right in the kisser!

Wouldn't mind seeing mcgregor proving me wrong but I highly doubt it.

Looking forward to the big rematch though. Money money money....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Feel like all my Christmas's are coming at once.. Can not wait for this, don't care if it's 5 seconds or 12 boring rounds I don't care. I'm a kid let loose on go kart circuit after being let loose in the sweet shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Gintonious wrote: »
    Saw this on reddit a while back, funny stuff.

https://streamable.com/10svp

Ah good man I was looking for that clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

What time is the weigh in fight fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

11pm Irish time, check out ufc or showtime YouTube channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Love Conor when he's in build up to a fight, can't stand him when he's not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Looking forward to the big rematch though. Money money money....

Can't see any reason for a rematch if Conor loses. People will be done with this fight

11pm start-time, weigh-ins 1115pm.

Megan Olivi is saying she'll be interviewing Conor for the Fox Sports weigh-in show as well. Judging from social media it looks like there's going to be plenty of "ole ole", "one Conor McGregor" and "fook the mayweddas" going on...

By the way, if Conor is having trouble making weight, the lads sure aren't showing it on social media. They're all getting swanky haircuts and laughing their heads off. Haven't seen one iota of worry from any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Never thought I'd say this but I'm beginning to think Conors gonna pull this off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

11pm start-time, weigh-ins 1115pm.

Megan Olivi is saying she'll be interviewing Conor for the Fox Sports weigh-in show as well. Judging from social media it looks like there's going to be plenty of "ole ole", "one Conor McGregor" and "fook the mayweddas" going on...

By the way, if Conor is having trouble making weight, the lads sure aren't showing it on social media. They're all getting swanky haircuts and laughing their heads off. Haven't seen one iota of worry from any of them.

Cutting weight is always a struggle, cutting 14lbs in water weight is not easy, it doesn't mean he's not going to make weight, but he was looking quite drawn at the presser yesterday and I'd say he's a moody fecker to be around right now, no wonder the lads scarpered to get out of his way.

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this but I'm beginning to think Conors gonna pull this off

Welcome to the dark side. :)
    Cutting weight is always a struggle, cutting 14lbs in water weight is not easy, it doesn't mean he's not going to make weight, but he was looking quite drawn at the presser yesterday and I'd say he's a moody fecker to be around right now, no wonder the lads scarpered to get out of his way.

Agree but I'd be astonished if he missed. He's never even missed 145lbs so to miss 155lbs would be surprising given the investment in cardio and nutrition.

I think we're going to see tension at the weigh-ins. All week has been very reminiscent of the Aldo fight week where Conor is in "zen" mood floating around but the weigh-ins he usually snaps into gear.

I wouldn't be overly shocked to see something dramatic happen tonight. I doubt they'll touch each other but some sort of controversy would send the PPV over-the-top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

xtal191 wrote: »

I think if he keeps outside floyds range and darts in and out like he normally does and mixes it with counter punches moving backwards he could have some success. If he goes toe to toe like most boxers suggest he do then its curtains.

Agree but I'd be astonished if he missed.

I'd be stunned if he didn't weigh in at least 1lb under, but it's still a horrible process to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Can't see any reason for a rematch if Conor loses. People will be done with this fight

Same reason AJ will rematch Klitschko.

People want to see it again even though Klitschko has even less of a chance the 2nd time round.

It was such a pity that klitschko couldn't finish him off but it was his chance and he blew it.

Anyway back to the reason for the rematch. People will watch it again. Hype. Hype. Hype, Money. Money and more Money.

I'd be stunned if he didn't weigh in at least 1lb under, but it's still a horrible process to go through.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Floyd cuts 3 or 4lbs to weigh in at 148lb/149lbs just to try accentuate the weight gap between himself and Conor to try sell more PPV's to casuals who believe Conor has no chance.

Same reason AJ will rematch Klitschko.

People want to see it again even though Klitschko has even less of a chance the 2nd time round.

It was such a pity that klitschko couldn't finish him off but it was his chance and he blew it.

Anyway back to the reason for the rematch. People will watch it again. Hype. Hype. Hype, Money. Money and more Money.

They'll be a long time waiting for that rematch, Klitschko retired on August 3rd to pursue a career outside fighting.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Floyd cuts 3 or 4lbs to weigh in at 148lb/149lbs just to try accentuate the weight gap between himself and Conor to try sell more PPV's to casuals who believe Conor has no chance.

Be gas if Floyd did that or the opposite and came out in a full tracksuit and trainers to make weight just to get him up to 154.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Welcome to the dark side. :)

Agree but I'd be astonished if he missed. He's never even missed 145lbs so to miss 155lbs would be surprising given the investment in cardio and nutrition.

I think we're going to see tension at the weigh-ins. All week has been very reminiscent of the Aldo fight week where Conor is in "zen" mood floating around but the weigh-ins he usually snaps into gear.

I wouldn't be overly shocked to see something dramatic happen tonight. I doubt they'll touch each other but some sort of controversy would send the PPV over-the-top.

Ill be shocked if something doesnt kick off. Maybe a bit of pushing and shoving. Its the last chance to sell a few more ppv etc etc

Interesting stuff from Randy Couture here for anyone into the regulations side of things and the James Toney fight.

He's suggesting that the minute Conor secured his boxing license in California he became de facto protected by the Ali Act and it was only then that the UFC did a full 180-turn on the Mayweather fight. Adds Conor can win the fight but picks Floyd by decision and says that constitutes a "win" for MMA if it happens.

Separately, Tyron Woodley says he put $1,000 on Conor by KO and Amir Khan hinted he's worried about serious injury (likely brain trauma) for Conor while he's getting destroyed... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait for the big event tomorrow..... Ronda getting married to Travis :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement