Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Lads, I don't know what's going on with all the dreams we're having, but I dreamt last night that Conor sparked him in the 3rd. Sticking a score on it. Hype for me is reaching boiling point tonight for the weigh-ins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here's a random dream, the other night I dreamt 'I wonder when JT Money is gonna have his first fight since winning TUF. Next morning, I open twitter to see his fight announcement. I know it wasn't a McGregor dream but I'm fairly sure it means Conor week win by KO in the 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Listening back to the MMA hour sepcial and Skipp Clueless is on, Ariel asks him about the Nate fight and Skipp repeats the 30-40lb weight difference thing and Ariel, who is lets be honest Conor's biggest media fanboy (after our own Wonder!) corrects him with a laugh saying don't be silly, that's a Dana White myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

Sorry to be an absolute melt (I read every post on this thread) where can I watch the weigh in...YouTube is it?

For what it's worth, and growing up around boxing, spending weekends in crumlin boxing club (spectator) and the stadium, went to see De La Hoya in Vegas, the realist in me says Mayweather all the way, but something, just this tiny glimmer is saying McGregor with a lucky shot.

No matter what, love him or loathe him for whatever reasons, you just have to take your hat off to McGregor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Where the **** is Gamebred ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Listening back to the MMA hour sepcial and Skipp Clueless is on, Ariel asks him about the Nate fight and Skipp repeats the 30-40lb weight difference thing and Ariel, who is lets be honest Conor's biggest media fanboy (after our own Wonder!) corrects him with a laugh saying don't be silly, that's a Dana White myth.

I think one stone is a fair estimate of the weight gap :)

mel123 wrote: »
    Sorry to be an absolute melt (I read every post on this thread) where can I watch the weigh in...YouTube is it?

For what it's worth, and growing up around boxing, spending weekends in crumlin boxing club (spectator) and the stadium, went to see De La Hoya in Vegas, the realist in me says Mayweather all the way, but something, just this tiny glimmer is saying McGregor with a lucky shot.

No matter what, love him or loathe him for whatever reasons, you just have to take your hat off to McGregor

It's on Sky Sports 1 (Main Event) live if you have Sky Sports? Show starts at 11 o' clock. If not you can watch it on the UFC or Showtime youtube channels.

He's sitting outside Dublin Airport trying to hitch a lift.

Didn't he say he was going to New York for 2 weeks? Be gas if he's actually in Vegas.

I think one stone is a fair estimate of the weight gap :)

I think that's still an overestimate. But at least you recognize that it's nothing like the ridiculousness that Dana Hype and co talked about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Duff wrote: »
    Lads, I don't know what's going on with all the dreams we're having, but I dreamt last night that Conor sparked him in the 3rd. Sticking a score on it. Hype for me is reaching boiling point tonight for the weigh-ins!
    Usually the opposite in dreams ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Threw 30 quid on Mcgregor start of july inside 6 rounds at 14/1 , returns 450 . See now there offering just 7/1 between 1 and 4 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Anyone watching the MMA Hour right now?

Trouble in paradise with Team Mayweather...

Floyd Sr. says he might not be in Floyd's corner, is talking about friction with his son and won't be told until tomorrow if he's in the corner or not. Also says he didn't attend too many training sessions.

Also, when Ariel asked him if he was concerned, he said "I'm always concerned about McConor..." before correcting himself quickly to say he's always concerned about his son when he fights. He's worried, and he's saying that he thinks Conor might do a leg sweep, but I don't think that's really what he's worried about.

Pretty good. They clipped the 'Invictus' recital and put Esther Lin photos behind it.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/901185638099111936

Also seems to be a respectable number of Irish people in Vegas so this might be the boxing communities first glimpse of the energy of a Conor weigh-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Can Conor win? Nope

Can Floyd win? Nope

This is one of the weirdest events ever in the history of anything. Trump included

Floyd is one of the worst fighters ever to watch. He makes the fight boring but bloody hell trying to hit him is damn near impossible.

Conor on the other hand is fabulous to watch. Stands toe to toe and can take punishment.

But neither can win

Absolute no way he beats a natural boxer who is that illusive.

And unless Floyd drops him in the first 2/3 rounds it will be said that the MMA fighter was able to stand his ground in a sport that in all reality is completely unnatural
    Again that is impossible. Floyd does not have the punch to ko Conor. And Conor has a chin like granite.

Will I watch it though?

Yes yes yes and yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Final guess: The Corrs!

Jim would be mad crack back at the Mac Mansion.

Sinead has bi-polar and mental health problems whereas Jim Corr is truly bat sh1t crazy so maybe it was Jim Dana was referring then he said we got someone crazy lined up :pac: Seriously though I would love it to be Sinead, about 20 years back a family relation used to own Slatterys on Capel Street and I was there one night upstairs and Sinead walks in and asks the barman could she sing. He got her a mike and she took to the stage with no more than 10 people in the pub on a Tuesday night in November. To listen to her live is a pure spine tingling experience, her voice is so good it gives you the goosebumps.
    I reckon, if they wanted, Team McGregor could swamp Paulie in litigation.

Yeah I think so too. Audie Attar is no fool so I would think that whatever Paulie signed could now be used against him. If McGregor loses then Id expect a lawsuit before Conor gives him a chance to win his money back in a boxing match
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Has anyone changed their opinion over the last few weeks? And if so, what changed it - and from what to what now?

Yeah I have gone from punchers chance to maybe 7 or 8 to 1 chance. But lets not forget that this is the fight game and anything can happen. Buster Douglas was 48-1 to beat Mike Tyson and then he went and knocked Tyson out in the biggest boxing upset ever. I would give McGregor a much better shot than Douglas had against Tyson. As Buster showed anything is possible in the fight game.
    Floyd Sr. says he might not be in Floyd's corner, is talking about friction with his son and won't be told until tomorrow if he's in the corner or not. Also says he didn't attend too many training sessions.

Is it strange that Snr hasnt really been around since the first presser about six weeks ago? I would have thought he would be more front and centre throughout the camp but he has vanished, maybe thats his style, Im not sure?

One person who I have missed badly this fight week is Megan Olivi, its not the same without her ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Threw 30 quid on Mcgregor start of july inside 6 rounds at 14/1 , returns 450 . See now there offering just 7/1 between 1 and 4 :)

Second captains had an interesting bit on the gambling aspect of this to manipulate odds and to be fair has been brought up by MMA fans and boxing fans here.

Not a massive gambler but do bet the odd time, can see why bookies opened and reduced the odds. But again im no mailburner or Mellor when it comes to it and knowing the full story.

I had a dream that conor won as well, but it wasnt even in vegas, and i did ride Jennifer Lawrence afterwards in celebration.... even went for a drink with eagerer after to point out she was more eager. May even of had a Gin n Tonis and worse still in real life i am a legit B Walsh by name :/

****ing event has ruined me

I reckon, if they wanted, Team McGregor could swamp Paulie in litigation.

If they sue anyone, I hope they sue the mainstream Irish media who took part in spreading the 'dancing monkeys' accusation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Second captains had an interesting bit on the gambling aspect of this to manipulate odds and to be fair has been brought up by MMA fans and boxing fans here.

Not a massive gambler but do bet the odd time, can see why bookies opened and reduced the odds. But again im no mailburner or Mellor when it comes to it and knowing the full story.

I had a dream that conor won as well, but it wasnt even in vegas, and i did ride Jennifer Lawrence afterwards in celebration.... even went for a drink with eagerer after to point out she was more eager. May even of had a Gin n Tonis and worse still in real life i am a legit B Walsh by name :/

****ing event has ruined me

ha ha ha had a good laugh at that bud :D:D its 50-50 in my eyes , i know he has virtually 1% chance of hitting floyd , but if he does right theres a 99% hel rattle him thats why i threw the money on :)

I had a dream that Conor's team, Owen Roddy et al, drove into an outdoor carpark in Las Vegas, and then realised that they were in the wrong city block. They were looking for the 2nd block.

I woke up certain that this meant McGregor is going to win in the 2nd round, or else he thinks he's going to win in the 2nd round but it's actually going to be a different round. Useless f**king dream.

Axwell has posted a link to the weigh in on the official fight thread at the top of this forum. Handiest place to find out for people on here looking.

• Advertisement

I had a dream Dillon Danis was going to the weigh-ins hyped like he's about to kill someone.

No, wait, that was an instagram story post I just saw 2 minutes ago :pac:

Gotta love how eager he is to get into the middle of a scrap. If I had money, I'd pay at least a tenner to watch him strangle one of Floyd's juicehead bodyguards :D

I had a dream Dillon Danis was going to the weigh-ins hyped like he's about to kill someone.

No, wait, that was an instagram story post I just saw 2 minutes ago :pac:

Gotta love how eager he is to get into the middle of a scrap. If I had money, I'd pay at least a tenner to watch him strangle one of Floyd's juicehead bodyguards :D

Danis has never been in a real fight in his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Danis has never been in a real fight in his life.

yeah but to be fair to the chap his bjj is world class, he'd deal with them fellas fairly handy I'd doubt theyd be blackbelt level yet :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

walsh b internet must be down

sc86 wrote: »
    walsh b internet must be down

If Conor wins he might have permanent connectivity issues :D

Severe mma live video, weigh in is packed out. He said lots of Irish signing already, should be good lads!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1449437928478913&id=183771845045534

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Any official link to weigh ins?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement