Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

It seems like a massive misstep for PP

PP doesn't like McGregor since he rejected their sponsorship deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Speaking of Sky, former presenter Kate Abdo is hosting the debate on Fox Sports 1.Mayweather interview coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

I know nothing about weight cutting but is there a reason why Conor seems to lose a lot of weight on his face when he cuts, is it just him or does that happen to most people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

.ak wrote: »
    PP doesn't like McGregor since he rejected their sponsorship deal.

I know that. But now they just sided with his biggest opponent. Mates of mine who are big gamblers are already claiming they'll boycott Paddy as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I know that. But now they just sided with his biggest opponent. Mates of mine who are big gamblers are already claiming they'll boycott Paddy as a result.

No wonder PP were advertising paying out on Floyd over the last 2 days.He's their boy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd imagine that PP paid Floyd's IRS bill for that stunt. Not a gambler but PP is the last crowd I'd bet with if I was that way inclined even before tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

everlast75 wrote: »
    I thought Floyd looked forced to be honest.

McGregor looked like he couldn't wait to get into the ring. He's probably p*ssed off as as he feels he is not taken seriously by the boxing fraternity. For someone as confident as him, that's got to annoy him.

One thing that did strike me as being odd was Mayweather getting his shoes on the second he stepped off the scales because he didnt want to face off with McGregor looking smaller. If he needs that to feel more confident about himself then I'd say he's having some doubts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ooter wrote: »
    I know nothing about weight cutting but is there a reason why Conor seems to lose a lot of weight on his face when he cuts, is it just him or does that happen to most people?

McGregor will be 170ish tomorrow night.

Today he had to weigh in 16ish lbs lighter.

In order to do that he needs to lose water weight.

Losing water weight means you end up with sunken temples and cheeks.

In MMA it's normal because MMA inherited it's weight cutting practices from college wrestling in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think paddy will be fine without them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    One thing that did strike me as being odd was Mayweather getting his shoes on the second he stepped off the scales because he didnt want to face off with McGregor looking smaller. If he needs that to feel more confident about himself then I'd say he's having some doubts.

I think he's pretty confident and knows he won't have many easier fights tbh.

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    I think paddy will be fine without them :P

I think McGregor has a few more fans than those few!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I'm sure PP will be devastated. Anyone getting on like that is being an eejit. They'll be back to them as soon as the next 2 for 1 or enhanced odds offer is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

225,000 people watching the UFC livestream of a weigh in....

Insane number!

The Diaz 1 weigh in did 240,000 people BUT it wasn't being shown live on Sky Sports, Showtime and (Big) Fox in America so 225,000 is an incredibly good number.

Floyd took a **** before weigh in so.

I did call 149lb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lads, had Eubank said something favourable about McGregor or his chances in the fight, or is there another reason you're falling all over him?

The man is a grade A moron.

lol. He is a very interesting human, always has been.
    I am looking forward to this farce being over tomorrow night.

Go for a long walk.
    .ak wrote: »
    Hahah, it's like a portal opening to Hell.

0Js0VF.gif
    It's an extra lb, and being able to get down below weight rather than just making wright gives you a little psychological edge.

Took a big dump just before the weigh in. 6 wipes, round 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The Diaz 1 weigh in did 240,000 people BUT it wasn't being shown live on Sky Sports, Showtime and (Big) Fox in America so 225,000 is an incredibly good number.

I did call 149lb.

You weren't wrong!

Did you think Conor would look as drawn out making weight though?

He didn't look as bad as he did when he was making 145, but he still didn't look great to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

On the walkin thought Conor looked really nervous but once he got to the stage he looked like Conor.

I'm struggling to hold back my excitement for this, so pumped.

Hurry up Sunday morning ya cnut!

I'm sure PP will be devastated. Anyone getting on like that is being an eejit. They'll be back to them as soon as the next 2 for 1 or enhanced odds offer is on.

There's no such thing as bad publicity and all that but it just seems a bizarre one to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

On the latest embedded Dana mentions that Imelda May will sing for Conor

I see some of Ireland's most battle hardened and longest suffering warriors decided to pay tribute to Ra with an impromptu sing song in the T-Mobile.

And people worry that the Irish abroad make a show of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

There's no such thing as bad publicity and all that but it just seems a bizarre one to me.

Why? I ****ing can't stand Paddy Power and their Nuts/Zoo magazine approach to marketing through "banter" but that was a pretty smart move. They made the decision to pay out, took a bit of flak for it from some "true believers" on the internet for a day or so, and then doubled down on it tonight. All in all quite funny, or at least mildly amusing.

It's just business. An awful, shady, murky one at that but business nonetheless. There will be less than negligible impact on punters using them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 IronStones

What was story with mcgregor rejecting PP sponsorship deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Yeah, that 49-0 record mustn't be enough to calm those doubts...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not trying to start a conspiracy or anything with this post. But... WHAT was with the really long pause for Mayweather's weight to be announced??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Necrominus wrote: »
    Not trying to start a conspiracy or anything with this post. But... WHAT was with the really long pause for Mayweather's weight to be announced??

He just kept on moving about and not standing still.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

I see some of Ireland's most battle hardened and longest suffering warriors decided to pay tribute to Ra with an impromptu sing song in the T-Mobile.

And people worry that the Irish abroad make a show of themselves.

Jesus. All it is is a bit of 'OOOH AH UP THE RA'. Something we've all done
    And also, the majority of Irish there are young J1's just having some fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

HattrickNZ wrote: »
    And there was something in there by Roosevelt on critics. Very good interview Ariel was blown away.:)

Wonder can conor come at him for breaching the NDA?? Paulie is a clown. Can understand Floyd using him here tho. although it does not reflect well on them in my mind. Doubt conor will care

Both camps used him like a tampon

Jesus. All it is is a bit of 'OOOH AH UP THE RA'. Something we've all done
    And also, the majority of Irish there are young J1's just having some fun

Everyone's done it, have they? How many of them experienced the troubles? How many of them have ever been to the North?

Shower of gob****es.

You weren't wrong!

Did you think Conor would look as drawn out making weight though?

He didn't look as bad as he did when he was making 145, but he still didn't look great to be fair.

He looked very dehydrated and drawn facially which I have to say is a good thing (to an extent).

Most of his best performances have come when he weighed in looking like Skeletor so I do believe there is something in the weight-cut process that focuses his mind.

On the other hand, he looked much better on the scales for UFC 205 and he weighed in for that at 154.4lbs. Amazing what 1.4lbs difference can make... unless of course he weighs more than he did last year.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Incredible numbers allowing for the fact the weigh ins were on live tv.
    Why? I ****ing can't stand Paddy Power and their Nuts/Zoo magazine approach to marketing through "banter" but that was a pretty smart move. They made the decision to pay out, took a bit of flak for it from some "true believers" on the internet for a day or so, and then doubled down on it tonight. All in all quite funny, or at least mildly amusing.

It's just business. An awful, shady, murky one at that but business nonetheless. There will be less than negligible impact on punters using them.

Did you not find their tweet borderline racist?

"Always bet on black"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement