Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can't wait until McGregor has his ass handed to him.

He will be damaged.

Gob****e to get in a ring with Mayweather. What's new? Disfigured and mutilated face is not worth the money. Then there is the sheer embarrassment.

Mod: Enjoy some time off - no place for this nonsense about any fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

1:14 to be fair re-enforces everything Subcomandante and EagerBeaverer have been saying lol. Not good!

It was only 1 absolute skaaaank in fairness.

Ariel is hilarious when he turns into a pied piper for the drunken army :D

He only has one tone god luv him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

He will be damaged.

Gob****e to get in a ring with Mayweather. What's new? Disfigured and mutilated face is not worth the money. Then there is the sheer embarrassment.

Which won't happen

• Can't wait until McGregor has his ass handed to him.

He will be damaged.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onepostanddone

Conor gets a guaranteed purse of only 30 million dollars.

Floyd gets a guaranteed purse of 100 million dollars.

This is a 77-23 split.

This to me seems like a horrible deal for McGregor especially when he is the A side in terms of promoting the fight and popularity.

Does Conor not have to pay a chunk of money from his guaranteed purse to the UFC?

Conor could be lucky to clear 15 million while Floyd is going to clear 250 million.

The disparity is sickening.

I don't believe Conor can do the impossible and get rematch on more favourable terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

He will be damaged.

A rich gob****e none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I don't watch this stuff but just want to get this straight:

This McGregor chap, with no professional boxing experience whatsoever, is going to get in to a ring with one of the world's top boxers and he is suppose to stand a chance!!?

lol

Good luck with that. The guy is going to get his face smashed. No way it's lasting a round.

He will be damaged.

LOL, try harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

This is a 77-23 split.

This to me seems like a horrible deal for McGregor especially when he is the A side in terms of promoting the fight and popularity.

Does Conor not have to pay a chunk of money from his guaranteed purse to the UFC?

Conor could be lucky to clear 15 million while Floyd is going to clear 250 million.

I don't believe Conor can do the impossible and get rematch on more favourable terms.

Why is it sickening? The man is having his first ever professional boxing match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

This is a 77-23 split.

UFC won't get a cut from his guaranteed purse, they get a slice of the PPV. I'd imagine the PPV cut is more even and if the fight breaks 4m buys he's looking at $100m total even with the UFC cut.

FYI the guaranteed purse for him his bigger than the total amount he's ever made from a UFC fight including PPV buys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

This is a 77-23 split.

How in any sense is Conor the 'A' side in this?
    Lord almighty..

It's promoted by Mayweather promotions.
    It's on Showtime.
    It's BOXING?!!

49-0
    0-0

Mayweather is most certainly the A and rightly so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

But but but CONOR!!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    How in any sense is Conor the 'A' side in this?
    Lord almighty..

It's promoted by Mayweather promotions.
    It's on Showtime.
    It's BOXING?!!

49-0
    0-0

Mayweather is most certainly the A and rightly so
    Floyd the A side on boxing talent.

But all eyes are on Conor. He is the A side on terms of popularity and he has been the one selling the fight. Floyd against a traditional boxer would not be doing these numbers.

So I guess that my point is that I am surprised that Conor is putting his brand and his health at risk for only 30 million guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

But all eyes are on Conor. He is the A side on terms of popularity and he has been the one selling the fight. Floyd against a traditional boxer would not be doing these numbers.

Ignoring the fact it might even break mayPac on PPV numbers.

Conor in mma doesn't do these numbers..
    They need eachother for this to work,
    But Floyd is rightly getting more money..

I think Conor can win, but Floyd is the A side..

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

So I guess that my point is that I am surprised that Conor is putting his brand and his health at risk for only 30 million guaranteed.

I thought you were one post and done?

PhilipsR wrote: »
    I thought you were one post and done?

Hard not get sucked in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Just to put his purse into perspective. Mayweather received a disclosed $32 million purse when he fought Cotto in 2012. He was 35. McGregor getting a $30mil purse (before PPV points) at his age with a 0-0 record is nothing short of phenomenal and this isnt even taking into account the huge amounts of money he's getting from sponsors. Begrudgers gonna begrudge tho :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Gintonious wrote: »
    Saw this on reddit a while back, funny stuff.

https://streamable.com/10svp

I wouldn't describe it as 'funny'. It was more of an emotional moment for Floyd. If you know the history of his relationship with his dad, you know they have gone through some very rough times. But dispite all that, The love is there.

chupacabra wrote: »
    Just to put his purse into perspective. Mayweather received a disclosed $32 million purse when he fought Cotto in 2012. He was 35. McGregor getting a $30mil purse (before PPV points) at his age with a 0-0 record is nothing short of phenomenal and this isnt even taking into account the huge amounts of money he's getting from sponsors. Begrudgers gonna begrudge tho :pac:

I'm not begrudging anyone! I just think Conor's guaranteed purse is low. People are rightly saying about his variable income such as sponsorships and PPV points, but that's variable not guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Looked a tough cut for Conor he looked alot better at 154.5 for the Alvarez fight. Fairly big difference in weight come fight time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Why is it sickening? The man is having his first ever professional boxing match.

Because without Conor this fight wouldn't have half the draw.

Floyd vs GGG wouldn't reach what has been achieved here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

rob316 wrote: »
    Looked a tough cut for Conor he looked alot better at 154.5 for the Alvarez fight. Fairly big difference in weight come fight time.

Putting on muscle in preparation for taking Woodley's 170 strap in December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Lads... Zlatan has called a Conor win. That's it, done. Said conor is the Ibrahimovic of martial arts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,987 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Story emerging that Mayweather has fallen and cut himself badly in his hotel bathroom, looks like the fight may be off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

The Nal wrote: »
    Story emerging that Mayweather has fallen and cut himself badly in his hotel bathroom, looks like the fight may be off.

piss off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,708 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

This is a 77-23 split.

Mayweather's purse was always going to dwarf McGregor's. It's a boxing match after all where one guy is making his debut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Come on everybody, lets do the noodle shake!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYMB-BCl3fe/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm not begrudging anyone! I just think Conor's guaranteed purse is low. People are rightly saying about his variable income such as sponsorships and PPV points, but that's variable not guaranteed.
    What do you mean his PPV points aren't guaranteed? Of course they are. All that remains to be seen is exactly how much this will be worth to him. His PPV points are guaranteed to put at least another €50m on top of that €30m. And if all the talk is correct it will actually net him €70m+ on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Boxing thread is full of Mayweathers. Love to see McG egg on their face tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement