Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

They should have paid more attention to their guy Gervonta Davis' weight instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭RoryMac

What would've happened if McGregor was over weight?

With no title on the line it could only have been a financial penalty I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

RoryMac wrote: »
    What would've happened if McGregor was over weight?

With no title on the line it could only have been a financial penalty I'd imagine

No title?!

Have you not seen the money belt title?! The single greatest title in sports history?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yeah he just would've been fined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I don't get why people were afraid of Conor not making weight.

He's never once missed weight, and certainly not before the biggest fight he's had. There was as much risk of Floyd not making weight, as there was Conor. None.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Conor is going to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

mdwexford wrote: »
    Conor is going to win.
    Agreed! Sorry boxing people but I can't help this feeling I've got in my waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

all this chatter about Floyd hasn't faced anyone like Conor before etc

Erm. How many times has Conor faced someone like Floyd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭creeper1

Conor is going to win.

Kavanagh has even said this will be a win for Conor and moreover it won't be his most difficult fight.

It's certainly possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Conor is going to win.

100% :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

all this chatter about Floyd hasn't faced anyone like Conor before etc

Erm. How many times has Conor faced someone like Floyd?

How many people facing Floyd had Artem "Heavybag with eyes" Lobov or Ido Portal in their camp?? Obviously this gives Conor a massive advantage. Hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Are people forgetting that mc Gregor has lost at his own sport mma nevermind boxing, where as mayweather has NEVER been beaten at his own sport.

Bar an incredibly uncharacteristic loss of concentration or mistake by mayweather this his fight all day long.

He'll either take him apart in the first minute or he'll play with him a bit and then finish him to give crowd something to look at.

Wouldn't surprise me if mc Gregor doesn't even land a punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

For Irish fans and Conor fans anyone sensing a Hatton 2007 kind of "ah bollix" moment, only the result and gulf in class being far clearer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Are people forgetting that mc Gregor has lost at his own sport mma nevermind boxing, where as mayweather has NEVER been beaten at his own sport.

Bar an incredibly uncharacteristic loss of concentration or mistake by mayweather this his fight all day long.

He'll either take him apart in the first minute or he'll play with him a bit and then finish him to give crowd something to look at.

Wouldn't surprise me if mc Gregor doesn't even land a punch.

Floyd has been beaten many times in his SPORT including in the Olympics. His sport is boxing not "Pro boxing". If you want to go further most people believe he lost the first Castillo fight.

He's not a machine. He's a human being with a neck, chin and skull protecting his brain. If Conor hits him hard on the money, his brain will wobble just like any other person.

The idea that he's some superhuman unhittable ghost crumbles under the tiniest scrutiny - he has been hit more than 80 times in every one of his last 7 fights.

The narrative that Conor can *only* win if Floyd makes a catastrophic mistake is the narrative of excuses.

He's never once missed weight

McGregor missed weight twice against Steve O'Keefe (made it on 3rd attempt).

He missed weight once against Buchinger (made it on second attempt).

But I agree there was zero worry of him missing weight at 154.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He didn't miss weight though, the fights went ahead at the scheduled weight limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Floyd has been beaten many times in his SPORT including in the Olympics. His sport is boxing not "Pro boxing". If you want to go further most people believe he lost the first Castillo fight.

He's not a machine. He's a human being with a neck, chin and skull protecting his brain. If Conor hits him hard on the money, his brain will wobble just like any other person.

The idea that he's some superhuman unhittable ghost crumbles under the tiniest scrutiny - he has been hit more than 80 times in every one of his last 7 fights.

The narrative that Conor can *only* win if Floyd makes a catastrophic mistake is the narrative of excuses.

49 and ZERO.

Conor hasn't got a hope.

Looking forward to seeing him battered the more I think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

But I agree there was zero worry of him missing weight at 154.

If he made weight the second attempt. Then he didn't miss weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

*Conor puts on his cape and wizard hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Was there an episode of All Access last night? Can't find it.

Looking forward to seeing him battered the more I think about it.

You and many others.

Can Conor lose this fight? Of course he can. It's a fight. They could clash heads in the first clinch and open up a gash that costs him the contest. He could eat a clean right hand to the chin and be on wobbly legs. Anything can happen in a fight.

So you may get your wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andy de Gama

I'm not a fan of MMA but I do admire McGregor. Does he have a chance tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

No Andy its 0, just like Floyd's losses and Conors wins in boxing.

Except that time it happened and a massive underdog won but shhhhhhhhhh, he wont land a punch tho and doesn't know how to get into the ring properly.

Conor cant hit a ghost....... wssssshhhhhhhhh wwwwwsssssshhhhhhhh into mid air where Floyd used to be

More than some would have you believe...... but truth is nobody really knows, hell of a lot of unknown variables, that's for damn sure.

Enjoy the fight!

He has more chance the armchair experts writing him off have, because he's actually getting into the ring :)

Realistically, look out for a short left hook over Floyd's right guard along the ropes, that punch has landed often on Floyd from both stances. There's a few other shots I think will definitely land.

None of us know for certain how Conor's power and timing translates in 8oz gloves so anyone supporting him (like myself) is taking a leap of faith that it does translate.

Lockhart on this weight cut compared to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

is the sky online ppv site down? trying to order it and i cant get it to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Many times? He lost 6 times in 90 fights and that Olympic loss was pure robbery, you can check the video on that. He did still get a bronze though.

I love that people have to use his amateur record in this. 49 pro victories, but those 6 amateur losses though...those are the killers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Depp wrote: »
    is the sky onlin ppv site down? trying to order it and i cant get it to work

No seems to be working fine. In case you're using a different page try this (for online watching only):

https://skyboxoffice.neulion.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement