Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Depp wrote: »
    is the sky online ppv site down? trying to order it and i cant get it to work

I was having issues with it too (posted in event thread), but got it in the end.

Makes me worry for potential streaming quality, if they can't handle a simple html requests in bulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

TheTownie wrote: »
    No seems to be working fine. In case you're using a different page try this (for online watching only):

https://skyboxoffice.neulion.com/

cheers! that works fine, link i had was either not loading or telling me no fights were available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Lockhart on this weight cut compared to others.

Lockhart must gargle sandpaper every morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Was there an episode of All Access last night? Can't find it.

Don't think so. Was advertised as a 4 part series iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 marcusurillies

What pub in Dublin can I watch the fight ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What pub in Dublin can I watch the fight ?

Sin nightclub had it advertised, if you try publin.ie they had a list of places showing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gintonious wrote: »
    Many times? He lost 6 times in 90 fights and that Olympic loss was pure robbery, you can check the video on that. He did still get a bronze though.

I love that people have to use his amateur record in this. 49 pro victories, but those 6 amateur losses though...those are the killers.

He lost 8 times as an amateur.

Martin Castillo, Carlos Navarro, Juan Carlos Ramirez, Arnulfo Bravo, Trigran Oulzian, Noureddine Medjihoud, Augie Sanchez, Serafim Todorov.

My point was he has tasted defeat many times in his own sport, many times more than Conor. It's not a stat used to diminish his brilliance but he is human and has known the taste of defeat - just like Conor. It's not as if he lost 8 times to Garry Kasparov in chess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Who will the commentators be if viewing through Sky box office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Has to be Mauro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Martin Castillo, Carlos Navarro, Juan Carlos Ramirez, Arnulfo Bravo, Trigran Oulzian, Noureddine Medjihoud, Augie Sanchez, Serafim Todorov.

My point was he has tasted defeat many times in his own sport, many times more than Conor. It's not a stat used to diminish his brilliance but he is human and has known the taste of defeat - just like Conor. It's not as if he lost 8 times to Garry Kasparov in chess.

Tbf, It's been so long, he's forgotten what defeat tastes like.

He's 49-0. He calls himself TBE. He believes he cannot be beaten. What the record books say in terms of him being beaten in the past are irrelevant, frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

8 is many times? You are the master of hyperbole mate.

The last time he lost was that robbery in the Olympics, the ref even raised his hand as he though he had won. And that was over 20 years ago. If you have to go back that far, you're clutching at straws.

Adam Smith on lead, Carl Froch, Johnny Nelson, Dan Hardy. I think.

8 is many times? You are the master of hyperbole mate.

The last time he lost was that robbery in the Olympics, the ref even raised his hand as he though he had won. And that was over 20 years ago. If you have to go back that far, you're clutching at straws.

Conor has lost 3 times in his sport. Floyd 8.

Neither stat counts for anything tonight.

Mellor wrote: »
    If he made weight the second attempt. Then he didn't miss weight.
    If he required a second attempt then he missed weight the first attempt.

Being above the limit at officially scheduled weigh-in is called missing weight (in the NSAC rules it is referred to as 'failing to make weight').

What happens subsequently - being allowed 1 extra hour, forfeiting some of your purse etc - applies to people who have missed weight. Go check the rules of any commission. These provisions are listed under the section for people who have missed weight.

eg Nevada rules:
    NAC 467.522  Forfeiture for failure to make weight. (NRS 467.030)

1.  An unarmed combatant who fails to make the weight agreed upon in his or her bout agreement forfeits:

(a) Twenty-five percent of his or her purse if no lesser amount is set by the Commission’s representative; or

(b) A lesser amount set by the Executive Director and approved by the Commission,

Ê unless the weight difference is 1 pound or less.

2.  A forfeit must be divided equally between the other unarmed combatant and the Commission.

3.  Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3 of NAC 467.476 and subsection 2 of NAC 467.7956, if, during the 1 hour following the time of weighing in, an unarmed combatant is able to make the weight or weighs 1 pound or less outside the agreed limits, no forfeit may be imposed or fine assessed upon him or her.

[Athletic Comm’n, § 17, eff. 4-25-78] — (NAC A 12-13-82; 11-2-88; 12-2-97; R070-01, 8-31-2001; R090-07, 12-4-2007)

Conor has lost 3 times in his sport. Floyd 8.

Neither stat counts for anything tonight.

What is Conors amateur MMA record then? I think I asked you this before.

I mean if we are gonna compare like for like.

Looks like custom designed black Adidas fight shorts.

https://twitter.com/RosssEdmonds/status/901467967434743810

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

What is Conors amateur MMA record then? I think I asked you this before.

I mean if we are gonna compare like for like.

1 - 0

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Conor-McGregor-29688

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Looks like custom designed black Adidas fight shorts.

https://twitter.com/RosssEdmonds/status/901467967434743810

No bit of green or anything?

chupacabra wrote: »

So there we go.

McGregor has 1 fight in the amateurs with 1 win, Mayweather had 92 with 84 wins.

I suppose that is a 100% win rate after all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

So there we go.

McGregor has 1 fight in the amateurs with 1 win, Mayweather had 92 with 84 wins.

I suppose that is a 100% win rate after all...

Ah well, arguing over amateur records is silly from the start. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have the fight ordered through Sky Sports Neulion yoke, it would want to be a perfect stream!

McGregor by KO in the 5th, I cannot ****ing wait!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Are people forgetting that mc Gregor has lost at his own sport mma nevermind boxing, where as mayweather has NEVER been beaten at his own sport.

Bar an incredibly uncharacteristic loss of concentration or mistake by mayweather this his fight all day long.

He'll either take him apart in the first minute or he'll play with him a bit and then finish him to give crowd something to look at.

Wouldn't surprise me if mc Gregor doesn't even land a punch.

Do you and other strange people believe this or is it just something stupid to say for effect.

Bar a first punch ko for Floyd it's impossible for this to happen.

I'll bet you €50 he lands at least 20 punches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

chupacabra wrote: »

So Floyd has lost 4% of his 139 fights between amateur and Professional, with none of them coming in his professional career and Conor has lost 12% of his 25 fights between amateur and pro with all of them coming in his professional career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Have the fight ordered through Sky Sports Neulion yoke, it would want to be a perfect stream!

Same here. I just hope to God Windows doesn't start downloading updates during the fight. :D I have it disabled but still.

So Floyd has lost 4% of his 139 fights between amateur and Professional, with none of them coming in his professional career and Conor has lost 12% of his 25 fights between amateur and pro with all of them coming in his professional career.

They are both animals. It's as simple as that.

There are very good logical reasons to believe Conor will win and to believe Floyd will win.

And we find out in 12 hours.

I didn't want to bother dealing with dodgy streams for this one so I paid for the PPV. Can I record the fight with Virgin and then watch it when I wake up or after the event is over will it no longer be available?

They are both animals. It's as simple as that.

There are very good logical reasons to believe Conor will win and to believe Floyd will win.

And we find out in 12 hours.

There is no logical reasons to believe Conor will win other than stupid stats people are coming out with. Conor will get finished, I was worried there might be a fix but I think after watching the weigh in last night that there is nothing dodgy at play. Floyd wins by finish between round 2-7 and Conor gets made to look like an absolute amateur. I am looking forward to this farce being over in a few hours. I will be watching tonight more for the spectacle over anything else, this 'fight' is a farce that should have never been sanctioned.

edit: I hope Conors does not get hurt tonight, because he really could :( I hope Conor gets out intact and can come back to UFC asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

There is no logical reasons to believe Conor will win other than stupid stats people are coming out with. Conor will get finished, I was worried there might be a fix but I think after watching the weigh in last night that there is nothing dodgy at play. Floyd wins by finish between round 2-7 and Conor gets made to look like an absolute amateur. I am looking forward to this farce being over in a few hours. I will be watching tonight more for the spectacle over anything else, this 'fight' is a farce that should have never been sanctioned.

edit: I hope Conors does not get hurt tonight, because he really could :( I hope Conor gets out intact and can come back to UFC asap.

How is this fight a farce? You might believe that but at the end of the day whether you like it or not, McGregor fully believes he can beat Floyd and he has put in the weeks of hard work in preparation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Duff wrote: »
    Lockhart must gargle sandpaper every morning!

I started listening to it without watching, and I though he was using one of those electrolarynx yokes!
    No bit of green or anything?

I reckon Floyd will wear green, or at least come in wearing green.

If he comes in wearing a leprechaun outfit, a la De La Hoya fight, can we call him racist? (I know it's not strictly racist, nor do I give a fiddlers about it, but you know what I mean.)
    McGregor missed weight twice against Steve O'Keefe (made it on 3rd attempt).

He missed weight once against Buchinger (made it on second attempt).

But I agree there was zero worry of him missing weight at 154.

My apologies. I wasn't aware of that. Seemingly took 10 minutes to make weight against Buchinger on the second go.

• Advertisement

Great stuff by Andrew here calling out the boxing communities ignorance of Conor and is very confident of victory. (He's been in the sparring sessions):

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement