Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I don't think he'll be 170. 167/168.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheCatSpangler

Final Embedded of the series:

Yeah baby! Demented crackhead psycho Conor is in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

Or should I say cat playing with a mouse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Would anyone agree with this. Conor will get beaten. But with the amount of money involved it must be seen to be a contest, So therefore it will last 5 or 6 rounds. Sponsors have put huge money into this. It cannot be seen as a flop. It has the potential to generate huge further revenues for PPV suppliers.

So would folks agree that Mayweather will simply play with Conor for a few rounds before this joke comes to an end?
    No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Or should I say cat playing with a mouse?

One is a polarizing undefeated boxer, fearless, never been dropped, extremely cocky but backs it up and is famous for making opponents look like easy work.

The other is Floyd Mayweather.

(Gotta love the youtube comments section :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

XsApollo wrote: »
    What weight is Conor going to grow to overnight?
    He looked like he cut a good bit there,
    Not as bad as his 145 days but still cut a good bit.
    Will he put 15lbs back on?
    Floyd will be 150 and Conor 170 I'd say?

Floyd will be at least 155 I'd say. Most likely dried himself out a bit to look good on the scales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

XsApollo wrote:
    What weight is Conor going to grow to overnight? He looked like he cut a good bit there, Not as bad as his 145 days but still cut a good bit. Will he put 15lbs back on? Floyd will be 150 and Conor 170 I'd say?

Lockhart his nutritionist said he reckoned he'd be at the higher end of 165-170

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

One is a polarizing undefeated boxer, fearless, never been dropped, extremely cocky but backs it up and is famous for making opponents look like easy work.

And Twitter...

Mayweather could make it 50 fights without a loss tonight, or 54 if you count all the women he's beaten...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I mentioned similar. Expecting Floyd to be 153 or so..

Didn't see any agreement, apart from what you're saying here...

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    I mentioned similar. Expecting Floyd to be 153 or so..

Didn't see any agreement, apart from what you're saying here...

Weight is going to be a huge factor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Is mcgregor fighting floyd mayweather this evening?

Is mcgregor fighting floyd mayweather this evening?

Judging by the pole results, no!

Weight is going to be a huge factor

Why? And in whose favor?

I'm fit to puke and it's not even midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

wonder you get a statue if he wins. If you want to calm down think of cm punk lunging at mickey gall.

I heard they are just going to throw love'ly' punches all night and then wrap their arms around each other and raise a flag to gay rights. I'm all behind it

Interesting thought. What if Mayweather is paid to take a fall for the sake of future PPV?

wonder you get a statue if he wins. If you want to calm down think of cm punk lunging at mickey gall.

Haha.

I think when I hear Amhran na Bhfiann it's going to hit home in a big way. I know it's not cool anymore to be proud to be Irish but it gets me everytime in every sport. This might sound bizarre but some anthems get me emotional, I remember the rugby world cup final of 2011 when Hayley Westenra sang 'God Defend New Zealand', I was in bits!

Nothing compares to Amhran na Bhfiann to raise the hairs on the back of your neck. :) Hopefully Imelda May nails it. She has a bit of an Amy Winehouse voice so it might be a memorable rendition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I'm fit to puke and it's not even midnight.

Go get some fresh air listen to favorite music wonder plenty of time before the fight. Relax and enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Interesting thought. What if Mayweather is paid to take a fall for the sake of future PPV?

It's not that interesting!

r/mma has gone full blown Conor, love the cursor :pac::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

walshb wrote:
    The MMA Conor nuts will settle for any old punch!

As the self professed boxing guru of the forums, can I ask a question:

Is there any possibility (not probability mind) that Floyd, having not fought in 2 years comes out and is simply past it? Not past it in the fitness sense but that his reflexes are not as catlike as they have been in the past. As in, father time finally catches up with him.

They do say the speed is the first thing to go.

As a caveat I don't think that this will be the case. But I'm interested in knowing your own opinion on this very slim possibility.

We are talking about a 40 year old man after all.

Necrominus wrote: »

Is there any possibility (not probability mind) that Floyd, having not fought in 2 years comes out and is simply past it? Not past it in the fitness sense but that his reflexes are not as catlike as they have been in the past. As in, father time finally catches up with him.

As a caveat I don't think that this will be the case. But I'm interested in knowing your own opinion on this very slim possibility.

Age waits for no man and ring-rust is a real thing.

There are Dominick Cruz/Bernard Hopkins sized exceptions to every rule but it's very possible regardless of the physical shape he's in. Johnny Nelson said he just woke up one day at 37 and didn't have it in him anymore even though he was in tip-top shape.

Necrominus wrote: »

I can somewhat confidently say that Floyd will not be as fast or sharp or as fleet footed or flexible as he was 2-4 years ago...

But, I would not think he'll be at a stage that sees a novice threaten him...

Highly unlikely he's gotten "that old" overnight..

Deedsie wrote: »
    Ah will you give it a rest, conspiracy theory forum is the place for this rubbish

Post opened in boards conspiracy theory section. Thanks for the suggestion

walshb wrote:
    I can safely say that Floyd will not be as fast or sharp or as fleet footed or flexible as he was 2-4 years ago...

But, I would not think he'll be at a stage that sees a novice threaten him...

Thanks, I do agree with you to be honest. But.... and this is what has me hooked. We are talking about a champion MMA fighter and a supreme striker. The boxing novice thing is of course correct but it's not like he's been dragged out of a pub and chucked into the ring to be fair.

It's the one scenario that I see McGregor winning in. That Floyd simply went one fight too far.

I have Mayweather to win on points because I don't think he has the power to KO Conor. Sustained damage leading to a TKO... Perhaps. But points seems the smarter option imo.

There are Dominick Cruz/Bernard Hopkins sized exceptions to every rule but it's very possible regardless of the physical shape he's in. Johnny Nelson said he just woke up one day at 37 and didn't have it in him anymore even though he was in tip-top shape.

Yep. This is my angle of hope that Conor, being in his prime and a notable striker is simply too fast for Floyd.

It's a slim hope but what I'm clinging to tonight

Floyd's speed and shot placement should allow him to tag and hurt Conor. There could be a lot of damaging body shots breaking Conor down. This won't go the distance..

Conor is not near fast enough. His speed of punch is nothing great as regards boxing.

• Advertisement

One minor problem. Conor has to be able to hit Floyd. Just a minor issue as I see it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement