Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

walshb wrote:
    Conor is not near fast enough. His speed of punch is nothing great as regards boxing.

That's a fair point. His head movement isn't fantastic even in MMA he almost allows himself to be tagged to land the big counter punch (See Aldo, Jose as prime example)

The problem with this especially against Mayweather is that he's dealing with probably the greatest counter puncher in boxing. Ever. Mayweather, assuming his speed is still up to scratch even if slightly diminished is a master of connecting and moving immediately out of range of the counter.

Not sure how Conor even attempts to counter this to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm not religious but I just thought "cmon conor you can do this" in a prayer like fashion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Sorry if posted already. What a man Eubank is, seriously wise man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Would be funny to see Conor not do anything at all from the opening bell and wait for Mayweather to throw instead. Would be the kind of thing he would do just to mess with his head.

On a side note, thank fook these two got the deal done so quick. I can't believe it's only a few hours away. Once I heard that this fight was been thrown into the air I didn't think it would happen so quick. I expected the same nonsense that happened with Pacman vs Floyd to happen and for it to get drawn out for months on end.
    user2011 wrote: »

Sorry if posted already. What a man Eubank is, seriously wise man.

I love how he knows the poems by heart, you can tell he's a very spiritual man when he talks about any subject. It's a shame he didn't go into Boxing Promoting because he would certainly have been one of the best promoters in any sport with his use of words and excellent analysis. Instead the UK gets the likes of Eddie Hearn representing British boxing promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Laci Somers (Tiger Woods alleged missus) came out in support of Conor.

(I felt this news was important to share)

tprUzn.jpg

• Advertisement

What I don't want is mayweather to knock out mcgregor and get the win then mount the unconscious conor and comicly mimic ground and pound only for conor to wake up and works the ground game resulting in a mayweather win but then (illegally) choked out by conor who forces him to tap out... That would be ridiculous

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What I don't want is mayweather to knock out mcgregor and get the win then mount the unconscious conor and comicly mimic ground and pound only for conor to wake up and works the ground game resulting in a mayweather win but then (illegally) choked out by conor who forces him to tap out... That would be ridiculous

Lad, wake up. You're dream posting again

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

So you are suggesting that after floyd knocks him out he should ride him for the crack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Sorry to hijack thread lads what time should i get up, have work in the morning so need to get it right

New interview with Megan Olivi. Seems steely determined.

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/901578931014295552

• Advertisement

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Would be funny to see Conor not do anything at all from the opening bell and wait for Mayweather to throw instead. Would be the kind of thing he would do just to mess with his head.

On a side note, thank fook these two got the deal done so quick. I can't believe it's only a few hours away. Once I heard that this fight was been thrown into the air I didn't think it would happen so quick. I expected the same nonsense that happened with Pacman vs Floyd to happen and for it to get drawn out for months on end.

I love how he knows the poems by heart, you can tell he's a very spiritual man when he talks about any subject. It's a shame he didn't go into Boxing Promoting because he would certainly have been one of the best promoters in any sport with his use of words and excellent analysis. Instead the UK gets the likes of Eddie Hearn representing British boxing promotion.

I grew up watching this guy box and couldn't stand the fella talking, that 30 mins of talking has blown me away. Speechless here. He could get me into believing in religion like those people that call to your door, if I listened to him for a minute I'd become a believer.

Also his pronunciation of the S it reminds of dog whistle :D

I'm fit to puke and it's not even midnight.

i'm going to listen to pantera non stop until 4.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I enjoyed that immensly. :D

Yea it was better than it sounded. Lesner ftw!

Sorry to hijack thread lads what time should i get up, have work in the morning so need to get it right

The fight (i.e. walkout + anthems) starts no earlier than 415am but could start later if the preceding fights go the full 12 rounds.

Set alarm 410am get a coffee.

So you are suggesting that after floyd knocks him out he should ride him for the crack?
    yes

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

got to wonder if tonight will finally be the night that people learn to spell Conner MacGregor's name correctly.

Seriously hoping this fight tonight doesn't look like when CM Punk fought in the UFC :pac:

2 minutes until encryption :D

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

got to wonder if tonight will finally be the night that people learn to spell Conner MacGregor's name correctly.

Conor McGregors name you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Final interview with one of the McGregor team. Man they seem convinced, none more so than Roddy.

McGregor? ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Final interview with one of the McGregor team. Man they seem convinced, none more so than Roddy.

And 100% unbiased aswell lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Conor McGregors name you mean?

Conor McGregory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

<Mod Edit: No talking about illegal stream/apps>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If he required a second attempt then he missed weight the first attempt.

Being above the limit at officially scheduled weigh-in is called missing weight (in the NSAC rules it is referred to as 'failing to make weight').

What happens subsequently - being allowed 1 extra hour, forfeiting some of your purse etc - applies to people who have missed weight. Go check the rules of any commission. These provisions are listed under the section for people who have missed weight.

eg Nevada rules:
    NAC 467.522  Forfeiture for failure to make weight. (NRS 467.030)

1.  An unarmed combatant who fails to make the weight agreed upon in his or her bout agreement forfeits:

(a) Twenty-five percent of his or her purse if no lesser amount is set by the Commission’s representative; or

(b) A lesser amount set by the Executive Director and approved by the Commission,

Ê unless the weight difference is 1 pound or less.

2.  A forfeit must be divided equally between the other unarmed combatant and the Commission.

3.  Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3 of NAC 467.476 and subsection 2 of NAC 467.7956, if, during the 1 hour following the time of weighing in, an unarmed combatant is able to make the weight or weighs 1 pound or less outside the agreed limits, no forfeit may be imposed or fine assessed upon him or her.

[Athletic Comm’n, § 17, eff. 4-25-78] — (NAC A 12-13-82; 11-2-88; 12-2-97; R070-01, 8-31-2001; R090-07, 12-4-2007)

You are wrong.
    If you are over on a first attempt, but subsequently make weight you have not missed weight.
    You don't forfeit any purse, you still fight for the title. As an example, DC made weight on his second attempt vrs Johnson.

Posting the rules for somebody who has missed weight means nothing. You are also posting the current rules for Nevada. The fights in question were in Dublin, and predate those rules.
    Look at it this way, if failing to make weight the first time counted as a miss in Dublin, why would people bother to go through the stress of another weigh in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Sorry if it's been asked before.

Does Anyone have a link to the legitimize way to watch it on mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Does Anyone have a link to the legitimize way to watch it on mobile

Get sky sports box office app in Google play store. Order it on there and watch

• Registered Users Posts: 41 350125GO!

Watching it now on sky. The place is empty! There's no atmosphere. Surely they're not all at the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

350125GO! wrote: »
    Watching it now on sky. The place is empty! There's no atmosphere. Surely they're not all at the bar.

Same for the preliminary fights at pretty much every boxing and MMA event.

People stay out until the main card and drink in the bars around the area to save a few quid a pint before heading in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement