Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I wish there was a way to watch the Showtime broadcast instead of having to listen to the numpties on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

350125GO! wrote: »
    Watching it now on sky. The place is empty! There's no atmosphere. Surely they're not all at the bar.
    Had heard nobody wanted the tickets. For some reason folks thought it was a daft matchup. Credit that opinion. What would they know. Obviously this is Goliath vs Hercules, with Hercules throwing lucky shamrocks

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

user2011 wrote: »

Sorry if posted already. What a man Eubank is, seriously wise man.

Excellent interview. Hope he stays retired though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 350125GO!

Same for the preliminary fights at pretty much every boxing and MMA event.

People stay out until the main card and drink in the bars around the area to save a few quid a pint before heading in.

Well they said on sky at the start that a ring-side seat cost $10,000 each, so if you have that kind of money I'm sure you can afford the cost of booze in the venue.

350125GO! wrote: »
    Well they said on sky at the start that a ring-side seat cost $10,000 each, so if you have that kind of money I'm sure you can afford the cost of booze in the venue.

Yeah but if you're only there because you want to be seen there and you don't actually give a feck about combat sports, you'll stay in the VIP lounge eating canapes and downing free champagne until the main card starts rather than being bored in a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus this is boring ****e to watch

So lets get the flavour of the event. There is nobody in the arena. The matchup is daft. And tragically, we the sad folk, are the ones waiting for something that will end up as a misnomer, And as Talking Heads would say this 'Once in a LifeTime' event is going to end up as Kate Bush would say a Moment of Pleasure. Of course it will be a moment of hurt for the other dude, seemingly called McGregor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 TheCatSpangler

So lets get the flavour of the event. There is nobody in the arena. The matchup is daft. And tragically, we the sad folk, are the ones waiting for something that will end up as a misnomer, And as Talking Heads would say this 'Once in a LifeTime' event is going to end up as Kate Bush would say a Moment of Pleasure. Of course it will be a moment of hurt for the other dude, seemingly called McGregor

I hear the lads in the Literature forum are a bunch of night owls. Why don't you fvck off over there to regale them all with your tiresome opinion about the latest bestselling novel that you couldn't care less about but have been reading religiously since you went out and purchased it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

For anyone not bothered with the undercard, big VLOG just dropped from Roddy will kill 20 mins:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Chester Copperpot

This current fight is pretty poor. Would see a better effort in almost any chipper around now

• Advertisement

What time is the fight on lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Folks, there's an Event thread for the fight, no point posting in two threads:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057773614

For anyone not bothered with the undercard, big VLOG just dropped from Roddy will kill 20 mins:

Wonder I am curious of your opinion on something.

You have said talk of anything being fixed is rubbish. Do you think if Conor manages to knock floyd to the mat that the 10 count might actually be close to a 60 count?

The only chance McGregor has is if he burrows in in the first seconds and lands a creamer. He has no chance if the fight goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Nopeme wrote: »
    Mods doxxed ger on voat, niamh should check it out.

Anybody know what this is about? Seeing bots post this on a few threads I follow...

God, but there is nobody in that stadium

Anybody know what this is about? Seeing bots post this on a few threads I follow...

Few lads who were banned from boards started another board where they post anonymously. They started "doxing" people they didn't like posting their personal details, social media pages, names, etc.

The ring leader was then in turn brutally doxed by a third party, and not just "this is his name" they went deep in the poor fecker, like forensically dove into his life and personal details and posted it all.

He then posted a wah wah poor me I'm going to report you to the guards post and deleted his account.

It was hilarious.

I had no idea who any of these people were before a few months ago but someone posted about it in after hours and I killed a few minutes reading the stuff on the other board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Competing this mornings. The Brazil official made me take my Irish patch off my gi.
    Then in my match I got DQ'd. Bad omens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Can someone explain why I am not nervous for this - im normally bricking it - Am I subconsciously predicting a loss :(

ardinn wrote: »
    Can someone explain why I am not nervous for this - im normally bricking it - Am I subconsciously predicting a loss :(

I think I am the same, I remember for the Diaz/Aldo/Mendez/Alvarez I was absolutely bricking it. For this one I am struggling to stay awake and I feel like I just know he is going to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

ardinn wrote: »

Depends on how much you're betting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Depends on how much you're betting.

Go on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bloody hell the size of Floyds hand wraps.

Kirby wrote: »
    Bloody hell the size of Floyds hand wraps.

Allows mor stability in the wrist and protecting for the small bones in the hand, allows you to throw harder.

I reckon he's going for the KO if he's going that deep in the wraps.

Would it not be more like strapping pillows to your knuckles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Allows mor stability in the wrist and protecting for the small bones in the hand, allows you to throw harder.

I reckon he's going for the KO if he's going that deep in the wraps.

Yeah I know, and Floyds hands are in bits. They need the protection. But **** me thats the biggest I've ever seen them on him. They were way smaller vs Manny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Corona encourages you to find your beech"

- she's in bed mate :D

I hope davis gets his head kicked in too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ardinn wrote:
    Can someone explain why I am not nervous for this - im normally bricking it - Am I subconsciously predicting a loss

I'm the same but for me it's because I'm rooting for Conor in hope rather than any real expectations.

I reckon the nerves will hit when the ring walks start though for me anyways!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sky box office working perfectly for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement