Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lads, post in the event thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Lads, post in the event thread.

You post in the events thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

Jaysus if looks could kill, Dee to conor's ma just then, what's going on there?

Soooooo back to mma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ooter wrote: »
    Jaysus if looks could kill, Dee to conor's ma just then, what's going on there?

It's a look every woman has shot her mother in law. Usually they are behind their backs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭RoryMac

McGregor needs to put major work into his cardio, it's going to be a tactic for a lot of fighters to hold him against the cage/on the floor and try gas him out. Not easy to get him there but they're gonna try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Looking forward to Conor vs the winner of Ferguson and Lee, hopefully in December.

I reckon Lee would get dropped by Conor bit Ferguson would make it an interesting fight.

Here's hoping we see Conor back in the octagon to defend his belt by the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RoryMac wrote: »
    McGregor needs to put major work into his cardio, it's going to be a tactic for a lot of fighters to hold him against the cage/on the floor and try gas him out. Not easy to get him there but they're gonna try

Exactly my thoughts after tonight. He needs to improve the gas tank.

Thank **** this circus is over. Get back in the octagon conor where you belong

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

ricero wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts after tonight. He needs to improve the gas tank

He's not a great advertisement for the McGregor F.A.S.T programme is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I hear a lot of people online saying "if Conor had good cardio he could have done better"...... lets be honest here, cardio has always been a problem for him. I honestly dont think he is going to be able to improve it by much at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Sad to see people take pleasure in the defeat of another man.

What a tool.

https://twitter.com/josealdojunior/status/901668806455681024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

ricero wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts after tonight. He needs to improve the gas tank.

Thank **** this circus is over. Get back in the octagon conor where you belong

Is there only so far someone can push their gas tank? And say an identical size man can have a much bigger tank all things equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Is there only so far someone can push their gas tank? And say an identical size man can have a much bigger tank all things equal.

to be fair I'd say theres limits to it, some guys are born with crazy explosive power and some guys get the next level endurance, seems to me like its one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What a tool.

To be fair - those emojis could also be Aldo crying after getting knocked the **** out after 13 seconds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

To the MMA fans. Don't say we didn't warn you. Your boy was fcked after 2 rounds. Completely out boxed, totally out classed. I genuinely feel sorry for all the chumps who put money on McGregor. He sold you a bill of goods, and you fell for it. Congratulations to the master Floyd Money Mayweather 50-0

It did take MW 10 rounds to TKO him though. Probably not the best advertisement for boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

I'm just happy that this means we will see him back in the octagon this year,it will be a comedown financially I'm sure but he'll have learned an awful lot from tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭RoryMac

chupacabra wrote: »
    I hear a lot of people online saying "if Conor had good cardio he could have done better"...... lets be honest here, cardio has always been a problem for him. I honestly dont think he is going to be able to improve it by much at this stage.

Perhaps that is his limit but it has been highlighted again & is going to be a tactic for future opponents especially if he trys to move up to WW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

chupacabra wrote: »

It does appear to be bad for him, and it's very visible in his face when he goes......wonder what the reason for that is, doubt it's his training.......is it the weight cut and piling on of pounds or some sort of nervous tension build up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Can't wait to see him back in the UFC. This was fun but I'm kinda glad it's over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,708 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

sonofenoch wrote: »
    It does appear to be bad for him, and it's very visible in his face when he goes......wonder what the reason for that is, doubt it's his training.......is it the weight cut and piling on of pounds or some sort of nervous tension build up

Making a big cut and then adding it back on must surely be tough on your body.

Mayweather didn't even look out of breath in comparison. Looked the more professional athlete throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Paulie trying to goad him back into the ring though................

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/901657309662797824

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Paulie trying to goad him back into the ring though................

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/901657309662797824

Paulie needs to sit the next few plays out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

djPSB wrote: »
    It did take MW 10 rounds to TKO him though. Probably not the best advertisement for boxing.

Mayweather never ever fights on the front foot. Hasn't knocked anyone out in 10 years and hasnt fought in over 2. Yet he still didnt break a sweat and hit McGregor at will leading to the ref stopping the fight

What more do you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

What a tool.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Out cold in how many seconds!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Some solace.......

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,708 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Some solace.......

giphy.gif

Did no damage though. And that was as good as it got for Conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Conor's jab was excellent tonight given he doesn't have one in MMA.

Excellent improvements which will stand to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Some solace.......

giphy.gif

No effect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

The MMA boys have a touch of the Guardiola's now. Beaten 9-0 but talking about possession stats.
    Floyd didn't respect his power a single iota.
    He carried him through that fight and even stood off a few potential knockouts.
    He threw 6 punches in round one. I have seen more thrown outside an all night Centra.

All your boys money will eventually be spent, the snake oil will eventually dry up but the photos of Floyd arms aloft will live on forever.

Beaten by a two year retired , "small", "blown out bitch" with a tiny skull and bandy little legs.

Stick your ukelele up your arse.

Broken. Bloodied .Bowed. Beaten like a red headed step child. Boxing and alliteration in its purest form.

Remember kids.Dreams are fanciful.Realism is under rated.

Don't teach your kids to dream, the world can't support that many Astronauts and Ballerinas.

When you get back from vegas make sure you set to work paying off those credit union loans. Banter.ie needs you to sing some songs with one shoe off in Russia next year.

You'll die in the class you were born.

Easy ****ing work.

#Moneyteam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Throw up them jab gif's guy's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement