Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Conor's jab was excellent tonight given he doesn't have one in MMA.

Excellent improvements which will stand to him.

Pawing your lead hand out isn't a jab, it's not even a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

The MMA boys have a touch of the Guardiola's now. Beaten 9-0 but talking about possession stats.
    Floyd didn't respect his power a single iota.
    He carried him through that fight and even stood off a few potential knockouts.
    He threw 6 punches in round one. I have seen more thrown outside an all night Centra.

All your boys money will eventually be spent, the snake oil will eventually dry up but the photos of Floyd arms aloft will live on forever.

Beaten by a two year retired , "small", "blown out bitch" with a tiny skull and bandy little legs.

Stick your ukelele up your arse.

Broken. Bloodied .Bowed. Beaten like a red headed step child. Boxing and alliteration in its purest form.

Remember kids.Dreams are fanciful.Realism is under rated.

Don't teach your kids to dream, the world can't support that many Astronauts and Ballerinas.

When you get back from vegas make sure you set to work paying off those credit union loans. Banter.ie needs you to sing some songs with one shoe off in Russia next year.

You'll die in the class you were born.

Easy ****ing work.

#Moneyteam

Fair play to the mods tonight! have had to deal with some amount of sh!te from the usual idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,708 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Yeah, his jab by boxing standards wasn't brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

The MMA boys have a touch of the Guardiola's now. Beaten 9-0 but talking about possession stats.
    He threw 6 punches in round one. I have seen more thrown outside an all night Centra.

All your boys money will eventually be spent, the snake oil will eventually dry up but the photos of Floyd arms aloft will live on forever.

Beaten by a two year retired , "small", "blown out bitch" with a tiny skull and bandy little legs.

Broken. Bloodied .Bowed. Beaten like a red headed step child. Boxing and alliteration in its purest form.

Don't teach your kids to dream, the world can't support that many Astronauts and Ballerinas.

When you get back from vegas make sure you set to work paying off those credit union loans. Banter.ie needs you to sing some songs with one shoe off in Russia next year.

Easy ****ing work.

#Moneyteam

:pac: Time for bed, ourfella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It was like a pat.

You'd hit yourself harder washing your face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yeah, his jab by boxing standards wasn't brilliant

It is wasn't even a jab. It's like the way Jon Jones leaves his lead hand out to establish range, it's just there being awkward, it's not doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

At the end of the day it is what is is....... and what it always was, A novice making his debut against the greatest of our generation. No shame in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Some solace.......

giphy.gif

That's bad for Conor though. Hit him with an uppercut on the chin and didn't even budge him?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Easy ****ing work.

#Moneyteam
    Why say something like that? Did you have a hard life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Did no damage though. And that was as good as it got for Conor

Wasn't much on it, granted, and Floyd went with it..... but for the greatest ever to be caught with an uppercut, even one with little purchase, shows that he was struggling to read Conor early on in the fight.

That some are saying he wasn't trying at that stage of the fight is laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Why was my bet slip was deleted? I know there is a rule for no after calling but I posted it in various places and talked about it on here before the fight??

Anyway €500 on a TKO at 11/4 returned me a nice €1875. I'm happy.

As for the fight itself it was very unspectacular though I do admit to being worried after 2 rounds :pac:

I have always doubted Conor's cardio. Can anyone tell me why he does no Roadwork? 40-50 minute runs every day should be bread and butter surely and yet he doesn't do it. All his cardio work seems to be high intensity which like in many sports only leads to gassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

john why wrote: »
    Why say something like that? Did you have a hard life

Definitely some serious bitterness there alright.

Whole post was a bit creepy/scary actually. Malevolent almost.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The MMA boys have a touch of the Guardiola's now...

#Moneyteam

Take a break

#ModTeam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Well played sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

you really need to go re-watch the fight.

Conor landed solid jabs - head and body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

That's bad for Conor though. Hit him with an uppercut on the chin and didn't even budge him?

Not really, he was't positioned ideally to be throwing an uppercut, but not surprising you'd see the negative there rather the positive that Conor was fighting in a way that Floyd was struggling to read.

Here's an interview with Megan...............

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/901692884155490306

Why was my bet slip was deleted? I know there is a rule for no after calling but I posted it in various places and talked about it on here before the fight??

Because I didnt see a bet in the gambling thread or your post on here with the bet (saw it after). Im also quite busy dealing with spam and idiot trolls.
    Good bet and well done, enjoy the winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Easy ****ing work.

#Moneyteam

I'm painting a picture of you in my mind... a small picture.. you were sort of happy once but never realised it... now your bitter. After a lifelong struggle to disguise your contempt of all that you once aspired to, you present us with the above.....

Absolutely laughable.... Go stand in a corner....

jbt123 wrote: »
    I'm painting a picture of you in my mind... a small picture.. you were sort of happy once but never realised it... now your bitter. After a lifelong struggle to disguise your contempt of all that you once aspired to, you present us with the above.....

Absolutely laughable.... Go stand in a corner....

Do you wanna join him?

Axwell wrote: »
    Do you wanna join him?

Why?

He seems like a square and everyone who knows me says that I'm well rounded....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

you really need to go re-watch the fight.

Conor landed solid jabs - head and body.

Awh fcuk off wonder...Conor was a joke....really disappointed in him....Floyd played him like a fiddle.....he looked stupid in the ring.....out of his dept

Why?

He seems like a square and everyone who knows me says that I'm well rounded....

Good for you but you arent adding anything to the conversation making smart arse comments at a banned poster so unless you want to join him get back on topic

Good for you but you arent adding anything to the conversation making smart arse comments at a banned poster so unless you want to join him get back on topic

Just jumped in on the last page of comments so was unaware of the status of any poster.

Smart arse? Well, I think we know generally how that expression goes...

Is the topic conversation?

Just jumped in on the last page of comments so was unaware of the status of any poster.

Smart arse? Well, I think we know generally how that expression goes...

Is the topic conversation?

No its MMA.

No its MMA.

Ah sure I thought it was the MDMA thread... I was thinking I wasn't feeling the love.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I've seen worse jabs from other pro's. Conor's jab is never going to be snapping or that fast, it's just a range finder. His punches in the clinch were weak though, expected a bit more power, but it's harder to wind up a punch in boxing because there is less distance with the bigger gloves. Overall not the worst but I'd almost have preferred if he just went hell for leather and gassed himself out within the 3 rounds, it was his only shot.

Overall not the worst, a few shots got Mayweathers respect, which you can't always say that about Mayweather fights. The stamina thing will never be rectified, his natural stamina ceiling is what it is and will never be that high, but he can work on recovering better. He's been conditioned for most of his career to go 15 mins so 36 was always gonna be a step up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

He admitted he needs to figure out why he gasses so early in fights.

Has him confused too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

He admitted he needs to figure out why he gasses so early in fights.

Has him confused too.

Adding about 30 lbs of muscle will do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

TIL boxing is dull as hell. First and last full boxing match watched for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

zuutroy wrote: »
    TIL boxing is dull as hell. First and last full boxing match watched for me.

Silly comment off a freakshow fight. Canelo vs GGG next month will be a barnstormer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement