Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I'm a softie but Dana giving Conor a kiss was a moving moment.

Also, Conor apologizing to him and clearly being devastated should convince all the cynics that he wasn't taking the fight *just* for the money. He clearly believed he was going to win and was heartbroken at losing the fight.

Anyone have a working link of that video ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm a softie but Dana giving Conor a kiss was a moving moment.

Also, Conor apologizing to him and clearly being devastated should convince all the cynics that he wasn't taking the fight *just* for the money. He clearly believed he was going to win and was heartbroken at losing the fight.

Not sure the clip shows or proves anything. They know cameras are on their every move. This was All Access. Lot of it is manufactured.

I still don't believe that Conor really knew he would win. Nor did I think his team thought it. Too much of a stretch to believe they all thought they could beat an ATG boxer in a boxing match.

For me the real giveaway was their OTT declarations of this believed victory. They were speaking like Floyd was some 6 year old kid that was in for a hiding.

Their fight predictions were simply far too bonkers for them to be taken seriously.

To add, Conor certainly fought like he wanted to win, but that's a separate discussion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

walshb wrote: »
    Not sure the clip shows or proves anything. They know cameras are on their every move. This was All Access. Lot of it is manufactured.

I still don't believe that Conor really knew he would win. Nor did I think his team thought it. Too much of a stretch to believe they all thought they could beat an ATG boxer in a boxing match.

For me the real giveaway was their OTT declarations of this believed victory. They were speaking like Floyd was some 6 year old kid that was in for a hiding.

Their fight predictions were simply far too bonkers for them to be taken seriously.

To add, Conor certainly fought like he wanted to win, but that's a separate discussion.

Follow a few SBG fighters and you'll see delusion is rife in there, theres lads with 3 or 4 fights complete bums I seen not long ago calling out Jon Jones ffs.

Also, Conor may have actually "started" to believe that he could win after the first few rds. His team as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

McGregor said on twitter that "Floyd won because of his experience, patience and endurance". Hmmm! That's kind of ironic. I'd be more inclined to say that Conor was the one who endured! and that Floyd won because of his better stamina. Or how about Floyd won because he was a harder puncher! Now that's hard for Conor to admit!

McGregor referred to this as "half a fight" and now he's on a 2 month medical suspension! It'd be no harm if the ref let it go on a little longer so that Conor would have been knocked down, with his ego taking a right good bruising. He mightn't be as quick to talk any re-match nonsense then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭fitzparker

McGregor said on twitter that "Floyd won because of his experience, patience and endurance". Hmmm! That's kind of ironic. I'd be more inclined to say that Conor was the one who endured! and that Floyd won because of his better stamina. Or how about Floyd won because he was a harder puncher! Now that's hard for Conor to admit!

McGregor referred to this as "half a fight" and now he's on a 2 month medical suspension! It'd be no harm if the ref let it go on a little longer so that Conor would have been knocked down, with his ego taking a right good bruising. He mightn't be as quick to talk any re-match nonsense then!

Jaysus... That you Jose???? Give us a smile emoji if it is mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He meant stamina/endurance I'd say.

Floyd does not hit hard, he had about 20 clean punches on Conors jaw in 9th an 10th. None of them bothered Conor. Fight was stopped because he couldn't defend himself, his arms were dead, gassed out.

Medical suspensions aren't worth the paper they're written on. Hed fight next week if he wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Floyd does not hit hard, he had about 20 clean punches on Conors jaw in 9th an 10th. None of them bothered Conor. Fight was stopped because he couldn't defend himself, his arms were dead, gassed out.

Medical suspensions aren't worth the paper they're written on. Hed fight next week if he wanted to.

Nonsense, end of the 9th and as long as the 10th lasted his head was getting bounced around the place by straight rights and looked like Bambi on ice, he was seconds away from serious brain trauma by the time the ref saved him.

He was falling at the end of the 9th but grabbed onto Floyd's waist as he was going down and barely kept his knees off the canvas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He was falling at the end of the 9th but grabbed onto Floyd's waist as he was going down and barely kept his knees off the canvas.

Wow

He hits hard enough. Dug plenty heavy shots to the body. Many head shots were either glancing, missing or being rode well by Conor. Also need to factor in that Conor stood tall, fought tall and it required extended vertical reach from Floyd to land, taking the sting from the shots.

• Advertisement

"Floyd, I'll give you a big hug if it'll get you to stop hitting me for a couple of seconds"

Floyd does not hit hard
    Well he definitely hits harder than Conor!

All I can say is that they looked like fast shots. Maybe fast doesn't always mean hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Has Conor ever been knocked down by a punch? Trying to remember now but did Diaz put him on his arse in the first fight? I know he shot for a takedown which ultimately was his downfall but I can't remember him being put on his arse.

He can take some punishment whilst still standing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Has Conor ever been knocked down by a punch? Trying to remember now but did Diaz put him on his arse in the first fight? I know he shot for a takedown which ultimately was his downfall but I can't remember him being put on his arse.

He can take some punishment whilst still standing.

Has never been dropped in his career, a testament to his chin but probably not good for the brain either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Pity one of them didn't touch the canvas as a count at that stage would have been more of a help than a hindrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

ardinn wrote: »
    I almost cried watching that!!! Fúck sake!!!

its been taken down where can i see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

markc91 wrote: »

It's been removed from everywhere for some reason, I can't find it directly on you tube and it's gone from the likes of the mac life and severe mma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Cant find it myself now even on youtube! Twas great tho - you should have seen it!!! Wow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Because it looked like Conor got his measure perfect, as well as winning the 3 rds..

He only won 1 round though?!?

He only won 1 round though?!?

You speaking about official score cards?

I thought he won the first 3. Rds 4 and 5 were competitive and rd 8 he could have gotten.

Rds 1-5 for me could be 5-0, 4-1, 3-2, 2-3 Conor...

He deserved rds 1 and 2 and 3 as much as Floyd deserved rds 4 and 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Here they are.............

Screen_Shot_2017_08_27_at_1.18.43_AM.png

Crazy to think that had Mayweather broken a rib at the start of the 9th and fought on with it but comprehensively lost Rounds 9, 10, 11 and 12...... he'd have still won the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Goes to show how he'd never get a fair fight on the cards by the judges.

Everyone and their dog (bar Diaz and the judges) have Conor winning the first three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

how.gareth wrote: »
    It's been removed from everywhere for some reason, I can't find it directly on you tube and it's gone from the likes of the mac life and severe mma
    ardinn wrote: »
    Cant find it myself now even on youtube! Twas great tho - you should have seen it!!! Wow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You speaking about official score cards?

I thought he won the first 3. Rds 4 and 5 were competitive and rd 8 he could have gotten.

Rds 1-5 for me could be 5-0, 4-1, 3-2, 2-3 Conor...

He deserved rds 1 and 2 and 3 as much as Floyd deserved rds 4 and 5.

So he won them on an imaginary scorecard??

Can we use that for other things too?? Ireland 3 - Georgia 1 on Saturday doesn't look so bad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

So is it fair to say floyd wouldn't outbox conor in a straight box non stop few rounds?

But had to resort to letting conor wear himself out before he could land significant boxing shots?

Floyd is the tactical genius but conor is the better boxer for landing shots when both are full of energy:)

Can we use that for other things too?? Ireland 3 - Georgia 1 on Saturday doesn't look so bad now.

I'm not with you..

Hence why I asked did you mean official scorecards..

My saying "I thought he won" I assumed would have been interpreted as my scoring of the rds, not the actual official judges scores..

I am well aware of the official scorecards. I disagree, that is all. My card was not like all the judges' cards. Judge 1 above closest to my card. I'd be confident others are similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Never knew football games were determined on judging scorecards :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

So is it fair to say floyd wouldn't outbox conor in a straight box non stop few rounds?

But had to resort to letting conor wear himself out before he could land significant boxing shots?

Floyd is the tactical genius but conor is the better boxer for landing shots when both are full of energy:)

Jesus Christ. Even with the smilie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Jesus Christ. Even with the smilie.

Yep:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Still some Walter Mitty behaviour in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement