Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Does nobody on conor's team not do some research rather than have him associating with them? I remember there was stuff before the ariel interview about them being scammers. (probably wonder dug it up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Does nobody on conor's team not do some research rather than have him associating with them? I remember there was stuff before the ariel interview about them being scammers. (probably wonder dug it up)

Well before the last one I wrote a couple of long posts pointing out yer man Oleksewycz had a bankruptcy order out against him details here:

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2652284

There was also a suspended strike-off notice against the company at the time they put that event on. It certainly had the appearance to me that they were about to do the same thing as before and people would end up stiffed. I didn't expect them to stiff Ariel given his profile though.

Oleksewycz dissolved the company on May 10th and deleted the AnExpWith twitter recently but low-and-behold their instagram is still alive-and-kicking and they are STILL selling tickets for An Experience With Arnold Scwarzenegger September 20th (Leeds) and people are still buying the tickets for as much as £1,000. Judging from social media there's a shed load of people have paid out for tickets in the £100-£200 price range.

I find it interesting how a company can be wound down with the owner clearly lying low avoiding people he owes money AND with a bankruptcy order against his name and yet still be carrying on like there's not a bother on him. I will be roughly 0% shocked if/when some of these people going to Arnie are going on to twitter to complain about being stiffed for refunds or not being paid.

Then it gets interesting.

When Ariel first went public saying he didn't get paid, a guy by the name of Matt Travis offered to intervene to try get Ariel paid to try avert any fuss, claiming to know the owner Oleksewycz, hinting at a personal friendship and asking Ariel to PM him.

This is the same Matt Travis who was *allegedly* the brains behind a not-too-elaborate trading scam - see details below:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educational-resources/190506-mike-douglas-mta-online-scam.html

Among Matt's many claims were that he was personally tutored by Donald Trump (completely false but would make sense at least) and that he worked for JP Morgan (fact check - PINOCCHIO). When you look through the original company he registered (Mastery Trading Academy Limited) he put up photos of a swanky office building but the original address and phone number listed don't correlate to that building - when you take a snoop through google maps it leads you to a derelict "We pay cash for your clothes" shop, that looks like it last opened donkeys years ago.

In an unexpected turn of events (not), Matt resigned his Directorship of Mastery Trading Academy Limited in June 2014 before becoming a Director of a not-too-dissimilar MTALIVE Limited in September 2014. That particular company is now in liquidation, which is strange considering Matt still claims to be a multi-millionaire and judging from his twitter/instagram he likes to get around - he was at UFC 205 living it up with his new pal (I'll get to that). Oh and the latest iteration of his trading company MTAKEOVER.com Limited is registered to ridiculously swanky offices in London. I'd be willing to bet a princely sum there isn't so much as a chair in that building belonging to him.

Matt's new pal by the way over the last year seems to be Owen Roddy and his new favourite gym to support and train at the odd time is SBG.

Go figure.

TL;DR - It seems to me like the concept of "due diligence" is completely alien to some people. It seems to me if someone has cash and is willing to pay, that's the start-and-end of the matter for some people. For the record, I warned both Ariel and Dan Hardy about my concerns before these events. Hell, I even fired off a few messages to certain people in SBG that this Matt Travis guy is shrouded in suspicion and allegations, but I was blocked for my troubles.

It says it all when the guy trying to bail Olexsewycz out of the money he owes Ariel is allegedly a pretty decent trading scammer himself.

$100 million and all those mates employed to cheerlead and nobody bothers to google a lad trying to pay you 100 grand for a night out? SMH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I read all that in ya man Doms voice from cowboy builders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Feckin hell Wonder, even your TLDR's are 3 paragraphs! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

State of the top comments on his instagram (usually from the same people) "king" "iconic" etc.it would be sad if they were boys but they don't seem to be.if they were a family member of mine I'd stop talking to them.****ing hell

• Advertisement

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I read all that in ya man Doms voice from cowboy builders

Ha!

It's easy to mock people who have lost thousands falling for ridiculous "guaranteed get-rich schemes" but this guy Matt Travis has left a trail of destruction in his wake. Sad stuff reading some of the people he has ruined by the oldest trick in the book (promising the sun, moon and stars guaranteed) - "I will make everybody a millionaire with my expert trading advice"

Numerous websites dedicated to exposing his "scam" -

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educational-resources/190506-mike-douglas-mta-online-scam-54.html
    https://www.mtaexposed.com/2017/08/24/how-mtamatt-travis-scammed-me/
    http://forum.binaryoptions.net/discussion/3208/mta-live-real-or-fake

Worse, he's been using his links with Owen Roddy and Conor McGregor (hashtag #TeamMcGregor) publicly to try gain credibility for his supposed high-flying lifestyle that he pretends to lead. In reality, his watches are fakes, the houses he claims to buy are fake (he posted photos of a £28 million house in Chelsea he was "buying"), his holidays are funded by the trading scheme he has going on, his promises to turn everyone into a millionaire if they invest £10,000.... shockingly fake also.

I zoomed in on his watches and compared them to genuine models, they're clear fakes:

30iw4dh.png

Using Conor's name and motto to further imply the connection to SBG:

e14x10.png

Screenshots of text messages with Owen plastered over his facebook to imply he lives the high life and is in tight with SBG:

Tickets:

256fcpg.png

Bets:

2exvudx.png

(Good to see Owen privately believed what he said publicly)

Relationship:

Private Lessons:

j7vsoz.jpg

154wu39.png

2lqbcz.png

Of course, there are no posts of actually going to the Floyd fight, buying tickets or actually placing any monster bets on Conor to win or, ya know, actually having genuine expensive watches or £20m homes but the pretense he's actually rich to do all that is enough to maintain an illusion.

Funnily enough he did post a couple of bets on twitter but they were a tenner or twenty in stake :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/itsmatttravis/status/898981655863599105

You'd think the fact he claims to bet in the tens of thousands and in reality is throwing a score on Hail Mary bets might indicate something fishy is up but nope...

Gullible/vulnerable young people wanting the quick-fix celeb lifestyle are investing £1500, £2500, up to £10,000 a pop in their hundreds (often borrowing the money themselves in delusion) and he's not giving them anything but smoke-and-mirrors in return. It's the constant making them switch brokers and getting the referral fees is how he's making any money at all, whereas anyone who signs up with him is basically playing bingo.

Meanwhile, back in reality:

241o8bp.jpg

Debts piling up.

Mind you, he's not short on narcissism or irony. He has a section on his own website entitled: "#WhatWouldMattDo" which is full of motivational mumbo-jumbo. It's sort of hilarious. He also claims he turned £5,000 into £1.4 million in a year and can teach you how to do it rather easily if you have £10,000 ready. https://www.itsmatttravis.com/whatwouldmattdo

Episodes like this make you wonder what sort of advice Conor, Owen, SBG generally are getting when it comes to business ventures. They took money off the Bahraini Royals which was ethically dubious to begin with. Then there's Mr. Oleksewycz handing Conor 100 grand from God knows where (the business model is to pay the client before tickets go on sale - reference https://www.livingnorth.com/yorkshire/people-places/how-halifax-businessman-made-al-pacino-offer-he-couldn%E2%80%99t-refuse - your guess is as good as mine as to where a bankrupt person finds 100 grand) until he stiffs Ariel and disappears and then Matt Travis randomly offers to sort the bill.

Depressing stuff to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

****ing Hell Wonder, I hope you have a big tash cuz I can only picture magnum pi on the other end of the computer. If Conor's people blocked you, would be no harm to send that stuff to dan or even Ariel. Good work man, scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Said it many times before wonder, but you are a wasted talent on these forums. Great investigative journalism!

How the he'll do you find all this information and then put all the pieces of the jigsaw together. Would it be pardigram taking these bookings for Conor or who? I hope JK still peeps on here an sees that, although if Conor gets paid up front I'd say he couldn't give a shout about how dodgy they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How the he'll do you find all this information and then put all the pieces of the jigsaw together.
    If you google the company name the top couple of hits are posts on forums warning people of the scam. WL did a great job of collating and drawing attention to it, but I think it was well know, in relation to the last shower. The new guy is same ****e.

The website itself looks dodgy too. It offers a free learn to trade stocks program. Even warns about marketing scams out there and presents the guy as the Good Samaritan trader. I'd imagine that once they've enough "apprentices" on the hook. They pump and dump som stocks on them or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Brilliant Wonder, this one is a classic pmsl

https://twitter.com/itsmatttravis/status/902960546022129665

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Have to laugh JK was acting the idiot all week in Miami about him being the last one there and trying to portray how mad he was being in key west,

Well hes stuck there now for the Hurricane and isnt cock waving now as he'll be in a shelter with a load of locals on rations im delighted for him,

John Kavanagh was feeling concerned.
    10 hrs · Doral, FL, United States ·
    So make it back to Miami all good ready for flight home Sunday. Need to move inland a wee bit as the beachfront hotel we initially booked might be gone in a few days. No problem, sorted.
    Then get a left hook when aer lingus cancel on us and rebook us for next Wednesday which is getting home Thurs morning. On the way to the canvas smashed with a right uppercut when new hotel tells us not only do we have to check out Sunday morning (when hurricane lands) but also that we might have to check out earlier as this may become part of the evacuation zone. Seems to be zero availability in the area ��
    I've a horrible feeling you might see Orlagh and I sleeping on a basketball court with 100s of others on some news piece about people living in a shelter.
    All of this when I'm supposed to be opening my renovated gym on Monday. If you're up there Spider-Man, you know what to do

Any minute now the fanboys will be organizing a gofundme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Gamebred wrote: »
    Have to laugh JK was acting the idiot all week in Miami about him being the last one there and trying to portray how mad he was being in key west,

Well hes stuck there now for the Hurricane and isnt cock waving now as he'll be in a shelter with a load of locals on rations im delighted for him,

John Kavanagh was feeling concerned.
    10 hrs · Doral, FL, United States ·
    So make it back to Miami all good ready for flight home Sunday. Need to move inland a wee bit as the beachfront hotel we initially booked might be gone in a few days. No problem, sorted.
    Then get a left hook when aer lingus cancel on us and rebook us for next Wednesday which is getting home Thurs morning. On the way to the canvas smashed with a right uppercut when new hotel tells us not only do we have to check out Sunday morning (when hurricane lands) but also that we might have to check out earlier as this may become part of the evacuation zone. Seems to be zero availability in the area ��
    I've a horrible feeling you might see Orlagh and I sleeping on a basketball court with 100s of others on some news piece about people living in a shelter.
    All of this when I'm supposed to be opening my renovated gym on Monday. If you're up there Spider-Man, you know what to do

Any minute now the fanboys will be organizing a gofundme.

Yep I can remember thinking when he said, we are the last foreigners here that would be a big clue to anyone TGTFO. Also awaiting Conor's instagram post about how he is going to KO the hurricane in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd have done the same tbh, but I'm not rich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah, I saw those Kavanagh posts too and thought it was a load of hubristic bollocks. What did he expect would happen?!

I hope JK still peeps on here an sees that, although if Conor gets paid up front I'd say he couldn't give a shout about how dodgy they are.

It's nothing new but I don't think any of them care where the money is coming from as long as it's up front. The exposure from doing a big interview with Conor is worth a few quid in itself, especially on Ariel's end when he can write articles and put video content out which drives hits for MMA Fighting. Combat athletes get involved with far worse fellas than these - Kadyrov, Don King etc

As for the hurricane, John put out a tweet the other day tagging Aer Lingus which said:

"@aerlingus Is our flight leaving as scheduled as I have an important class to coach on Monday"

It was later deleted but the tone that he was the only one who had something important to do back in Ireland was funny juxtaposed to the tweet about him wanting to go fishing as the last warriors remaining braving the storm.

There was still plenty of seats left on flights from Orlando to Dublin as recently as yesterday. I get nobody wants to sit in gridlocked traffic from Miami for 10 hours to do a 3 hour trip, but if getting home was important that would have been the best available solution and by all accounts the "back-roads" weren't that busy if you had a satnav.

Anyway, regardless of all that stuff I hope John and everyone in Florida stays safe. It must be slightly hard for Amanda Nunes to focus on her fight when her gaf is bang in line for being smashed if Irma doesn't dissipate or change course.

Classic know-it-all behaviour, thought he was smarter than the meteorologists and all the people fleeing the hurricane. :rolleyes:

I can imagine him feeling very smug that he had the beach to himself. Oh well, win or learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Sorry how is this Matt Travis dude affiliated with McGregor/SBG at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Jeepers lads relax the cacks on all the jk hating! You'd swear any of his life had some bearing on yours. Big swinging mickey he's on holiday and posting stuff about it, everyone does it. I want yis discussing Conor and who he's goin to ko next, I don't have enough knowledge to partake in the discussions but love reading them. Peace and love, win or learn :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭SteM

how.gareth wrote: »
    Jeepers lads relax the cacks on all the jk hating! You'd swear any of his life had some bearing on yours. Big swinging mickey he's on holiday and posting stuff about it, everyone does it. I want yis discussing Conor and who he's goin to ko next, I don't have enough knowledge to partake in the discussions but love reading them. Peace and love, win or learn :-)

It's the classic Irish move, once someone gets 'too big for their britches' we'll do whatever we can to tear then a new one.

Yeah, that's what it is lads. Calling someone an eejit for being a complete eejit is all about "hating" and a national mindset of trying to keep the little man down so he knows his place.

Wise up ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

To be fair, Wonder is one of the biggest Conor/SBG fans knocking around here. But he can still call out stupidness as it happens.

And calling John out on idiocy is fair game, as it's definitely Conor related.

And here's another bit for their win or learn folder. When people are telling you to get the **** out of Dodge, get the **** out of Dodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭SteM

Yeah, that's what it is lads. Calling someone an eejit for being a complete eejit is all about "hating" and a national mindset of trying to keep the little man down so he knows his place.

Wise up ffs.

I can only comment on what I see and when I see someone post that thinks he's smarter then meteorologists - well that some funny **** right there. Looks like any excuse is being used to dig at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Yeah, I saw those Kavanagh posts too and thought it was a load of hubristic bollocks. What did he expect would happen?!
    No forward pressure from the hurricane?

harney wrote: »
    No forward pressure from the hurricane?

That's very good, I have to say.

SteM wrote: »

Wise up ffs.

I can only comment on what I see and when I see someone post that thinks he's smarter then meteorologists - well that some funny **** right there. Looks like any excuse is being used to dig at that point.

Oh come on, nobody is having a dig at him at all about anything to do with MMA or McGregor. Given what Harvey has done to Houston and all the warnings about Irma, his blasé "sure there's nothing to be worried about here" attitude could perhaps be described as idiotic. At best.

All anyone here is doing is pointing out the lunacy and irresponsibility of the way he was getting on as one of the most feared and widely reported hurricanes in years approached.

If it was any other Irish celebrity or semi celebrity people would be saying the exact same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Great posts wonder. And all this talk of a top team and auditors with his money, it seriously makes you question.

Its all well and good to help someone rise up with you who's new to the game. But these lads are seasoned scammers, serious money people wouldn't be so desperate to name drop. They'd let their work do the talking.

The JK thing would be quite funny if it wasn't so dangerous, for a self christened intelligent man what a fecking idiot.

So eh what's the chances if Conor fights Diaz next he does something crazy like try punch the head of him again and take it to the ground? If Diaz is so good on the ground why didn't he try more takedowns in the second fight?

Sorry how is this Matt Travis dude affiliated with McGregor/SBG at all?

Well, I thought the posts explained it. He does private lessons with Roddy and inserted himself into Ariel not being paid for the McGregor interview he did earlier in the year, claiming to have a relationship with that other shady character who runs An Experience With.

He basically uses the connections to Owen/SBG to further the image he is a multi-millionaire leading a jet-set lifestyle, which is the central tenet he employs to entice people into his world of trading.

Just to make clear I'm not accusing Owen/Conor/SBG generally of absolutely anything other than laziness.
    To be fair, Wonder is one of the biggest Conor/SBG fans knocking around here. But he can still call out stupidness as it happens.

And calling John out on idiocy is fair game, as it's definitely Conor related.

And here's another bit for their win or learn folder. When people are telling you to get the **** out of Dodge, get the **** out of Dodge.

I'm the last person who can be accused of hating on Conor, John or SBG (I hope). If ever I criticize anyone involved it's not because I want them to fail or take pleasure in their misfortune. I'd absolutely love if James Gallagher, Gunni, Sinead Kavanagh become champions in organisations in the next few years and the team have continued success in breaking down frontiers.

But sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade :o If someone is going to flaunt the fact he's hanging around on an empty beach and going fishing while the rest of the human population are legging it, then you've got to expect people calling him a wally (even fans!) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So eh what's the chances if Conor fights Diaz next he does something crazy like try punch the head of him again and take it to the ground? If Diaz is so good on the ground why didn't he try more takedowns in the second fight?

Conor is statistically unlikely to knock Nate out, and has 12 wins by submission. Conor has 3 losses to submission, and only 1 win.

• Advertisement

Conor is statistically unlikely to knock Nate out, and has 12 wins by submission. Conor has 3 losses to submission, and only 1 win.

Yep but surely he has to be trying something different than last time cause Diaz never looked in danger of being knocked out after being hit with everything and Conor only beat him 3 rounds to 2. I can't see him spending 25 mins doing leg kicks again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement