Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bowlardo wrote: »
    So is he definitely fighting the 30th? How does he still have the first belt? Who is the next opponent?
    Looks like he probably isn't December.
    He isno longer 145 champ.
    Probably Tony Ferguson but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gamebred wrote: »
    promote his whiskey it was cheap and unnecessary.

He actually promoted Irish whisky which isn't a thing big boo boo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Paully D wrote: »
    I love Conor, but perhaps next time don't go on a bender in a treehouse in Liverpool for a month before camp and then complain about cardio or getting tired.

That's a fact actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Encouraging stuff here from Conor, fair play!!
    "“Look, I’ve got the UFC title to defend and that means something to me. I will defend that world title,” McGregor declared, speaking to Caroline Pearce at An Evening with Conor McGregor at the SEC Armadillo.

“Nathan (Nate Diaz) is there. He’s trying to come in here and make all of these demands. If he starts pricing himself out of an event, I probably will defend against the person who wins this interim belt…or someone along that line to legitimize it again.

“I’ve already gone from the highest of the high in terms of a money fight. Now the question I always get is about defending the belt and legitimizing the sport and the rankings.

“Maybe now it would be a good time for me to go and do that and shut that side up.”

“In my head now, I’m very interested in seeing this fight this weekend and to see how the lightweight title picture pans out and to go in and correct that whole situation. That’s where my thoughts are.

“I also have history with Nate. It’s 1-1 and that has to happen. It will happen. The more I spend time away from it, I think I’ve already done all of the money fights. Now, to legitimize a title and to bring it back, I could potentially bring it back.

“That’s a little bit exciting for me. I’ll see how this whole title picture plays out and we’ll go from there.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

How charitable of him to even consider defending his belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Yeah they seem to be focusing on money fights. JK said this the other day:

Oh. I see. The fact Ferguson, Khabib, Lee are "due a shot" is meaningless to JK because Conor doesn't have to defend titles because he won them?!

Here was me thinking that champions defended their titles. Also, I seem to recall after UFC 178 when Conor flattened Dustin and when he was absolutely NOT next in line, JK went around everywhere telling people Conor is "due a shot":

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/5/6888591/john-kavanaugh-it-should-be-conor-thats-next-in-line-for-a-title-shot

The irony of it all. If Andre Pederneiras came out with a comment in 2015 saying "Jose fights for fun, he doesn't have to defend his title", the first person to call for Jose being stripped would have been John. So when his own fighter is about to be stripped for wanting fun fights you'd think JK would be cool with it...

Oh wait:

JK "very disappointed" with Conor being stripped of his featherweight belt, makes a case why he should have kept it.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11/29/13776510/john-kavanagh-very-disappointed-with-how-ufc-stripped-conor-mcgregor

Conor has had more role than anyone in the devaluation of the UFC title. He has directly/indirectly been involved in the introduction of 3 interim titles. And yet here we have JK mocking the UFC for interim titles, after proudly celebrating Conor's??

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/833555130624724993

The stunning lack of self-awareness and hypocrisy is off-the-charts. If Conor just wants money fights that's absolutely fine, nobody will complain if he drops the title and puts on barn-stormers with Nate or GSP. Hell I could even see a WWE-style scenario where Conor beats Nate 2-1 to settle the feud and Nick's music comes on and he runs to the cage to "cut a promo" vowing vengeance.

I don't say this with any animosity (more sadness) but I listened very keenly to what JK and Owen Roddy said this week and I concluded they are in the Conor-bubble developing a God-complex where they are talking like they are bigger than the UFC, where "they" = Conor too. That may well be the truth right now but it's really sad to hear them both talk like that.

Worse, their analysis of the Mayweather fight showed a shocking lack of objectivity and self-awareness - to the point that Paulie Malignaggi is starting to look reasonable when he calls them "yes-men only interested in the money".

Making Paulie look like the voice of reason is not an easy feat :pac:

Conor doesn't have to defend a belt, that much is obvious, but JK would do well to remember where he was 3 years ago begging for a title shot for Conor saying he was "due it". Now that Conor's the champion, the belt is meaningless apparently. I've no doubt within the next 2 years James or Gunni (God willing) will put on a run of victories and JK will be calling for title-shots.

The hypocrisy is a symptom emblematic of the Conor-bubble, the only one anywhere close to him who has maintained who they are is Gunni.

Everyone else involved with Conor is getting gradually more unlikable.

really think you need to cop on, everybody comments from their own point of view but you were given attention by JK and now you seem to thinknthat gives you areaso to rant like this . it dosent imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hilarious if he just destroyed the interim LW winner with one punch like Jose.

If he did defend successfully in December and GSP beats Bisping then that's surely the fight that will be made.

Could he fight for the MW title and just skip WW.

Wonder what GSP's plans are for 217, has he been packing on muscle or is he going to not cut weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Tigger wrote: »
    really think you need to cop on, everybody comments from their own point of view but you were given attention by JK and now you seem to thinknthat gives you areaso to rant like this . it dosent imho

What you talking bout Willis???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Are you even slightly aware of the hypocrisy or irony of your post? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Really think those two things aren't related at all. I disagree with wonder on many points when it comes to McGregor but he's no lickspittle and the idea that he should stfu because JK batted his eyelids at him is absurd.

What's the point being made?
    Everyone is allowed their own opinion but you have to keep it to yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

froog wrote: »

Ha the Jaws on the f****r

Really think those two things aren't related at all. I disagree with wonder on many points when it comes to McGregor but he's no lickspittle and the idea that he should stfu because JK batted his eyelids at him is absurd.

indidnt say stfu i said cop on
    i used to enjoy his posts,
    meh whatever.

meh whatever.
    Cop on about which part? You don't have e to agree. But what's the issue with complaining/criticism. It's all anyone seems to do lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

meh whatever.

To all intents and purposes, that's precisely what you're saying - "JK was nice to you. It's therefore not acceptable for you to criticise anything to do with JK/McGregor/SBG"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

meh whatever.

You have no place saying either. Its really simple, if you dont like the posts dont read them or dont visit the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

"I’ve got the UFC title to defend and that means something to me."

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Cop on about which part? You don't have e to agree. But what's the issue with complaining/criticism. It's all anyone seems to do lately

the tone of his post seemed overly critical imho . im not sure im allowed continue discussing this so i wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ha the Jaws on the f****r

Nothing to see. He tightened his jaw a few times deliberately in mock anger and then pretended to be about to throw a few digs. He was just messing around with those that were all shouting 'Conor, Conor' over and over again at him. Just looks pissed to up to me and enjoying himself.

https://twitter.com/UFCrelated/status/914582328315404288

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nothing to see. He tightened his jaw a few times deliberately in mock anger and then pretended to be about to throw a few digs. He was just messing around with those that were all shouting 'Conor, Conor' over and over again at him. Just looks pissed to up to me and enjoying himself.

Pissed on nose beer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

He's turning into the Balotelli of MMA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

someone needs to tell Conor a bit of magnesium will counteract the aul swingy jaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

https://twitter.com/UFCrelated/status/914582328315404288

The chap is off his chops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Even besides that video, look at the size of his pupils in the pics backstage..

Fair play to him I say, young millionaire having fun after gruelling training camps. Just funny to see an elite sportsman at the top of his game getting wrecked an not a **** given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Must have been a snow shower at the after party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

you have to laugh at people defending him saying he was doing that intentionally, the man could kill your whole family and there would still be masses of people defending him ''ah sure my family deserved it''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

akelly02 wrote: »
    you have to laugh at people defending him saying he was doing that intentionally, the man could kill your whole family and there would still be masses of people defending him ''ah sure my family deserved it''

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX9I7wXOSuoy-yqAf6LOfsNrkrkEq-DvywM6vFXjg5uAoF5YD0fw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement