Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://streamable.com/lbaul

Following on from the club controversy, here we have young Conor with a bit of a jig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Nothing to see. He tightened his jaw a few times deliberately in mock anger and then pretended to be about to throw a few digs. He was just messing around with those that were all shouting 'Conor, Conor' over and over again at him. Just looks pissed to up to me and enjoying himself.

https://twitter.com/UFCrelated/status/914582328315404288

Ah I dont care whether he has taken something or not, but there's no denying that he certainly looks like he's yoked out of it. And good luck to him so long as he isn't hurting anyone....yokes, vodka, cigars, whatever. I've no opinion on it from a moral point of view, but from a performance point of view it can't be the most beneficial use of the off-season, you'd have to think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

akelly02 wrote: »
    you have to laugh at people defending him saying he was doing that intentionally, the man could kill your whole family and there would still be masses of people defending him ''ah sure my family deserved it''

f8a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://streamable.com/lbaul

Following on from the club controversy, here we have young Conor with a bit of a jig.

Nice and flowy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Wouldn't really call Conor being out of it a controversy, we all know he likes to party hard. A lot of elite fighters do the same when not in camp. Rory McDonald partied for weeks while recovering from the second Robbie fight. Whether it's a bump of coke or a whiskey it doesn't really matter, it's all the same (IMO anyways). Once he's back to a training routine he'll get back to his usual fitness fair quick.

Obviously that whole spree in Liverpool went on a bit too long and was ill-advised considering prep for Mayweather but you could maybe half excuse him for that as he probably won't be able to go on a bender like that again for a long time with the baba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

I see McGregor was singing Celtic songs in a night club in Glasgow and a Rangers fan threw a drink over him. Sensitive subject in Glasgow. He probably should have left it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

backspin. wrote:
    I see McGregor was singing Celtic songs in a night club in Glasgow and a Rangers fan threw a drink over him. Sensitive subject in Glasgow. He probably should have left it alone.

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Gamb!t wrote: »

To be fair, it could have been accidental, that crowd pushing and shoving could have knocked a drink out of someone's hand.

Could, but not likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looks good

ricero wrote: »
    Looks good

Looks like all the embedded series, countdowns and ufc promo stuff crammed together with a few "never before seen" clips to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

xtal191 wrote: »

I heard it starts strong but fades halfway through

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like all the embedded series, countdowns and ufc promo stuff crammed together with a few "never before seen" clips to be honest

I'd be happy with a 2 hour embedded tbh. I'd say there is a good bit of new footage

I'll watch it. Maybe not go to the cinema, but I'll watch it somewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'll watch it. Maybe not go to the cinema, but I'll watch it somewhere.

Pretty much the same as every other McGregor event

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

BOHtox wrote: »
    I heard it starts strong but fades halfway through

Brilliant.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Ryan Walsh an English boxer is going on about McGregor failing a drugs test on twitter.

Something about ESPN reported it and then removed it straight away. Something thats okay per UFC but not under the tests for boxing.

Anyone seen anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Ryan Walsh an English boxer is going on about McGregor failing a drugs test on twitter.

Something about ESPN reported it and then removed it straight away. Something thats okay per UFC but not under the tests for boxing.

Anyone seen anything?

Any links cant see anything online, if it was anything id imagine it could be coke, allowed out of competition with USADA but would be a ban by UKAD.

ASOT wrote: »

Anyone seen anything?

Any links cant see anything online, if it was anything id imagine it could be coke, allowed out of competition with USADA but would be a ban by UKAD.

on a phone so unsure how to embed tweets but;

And the replies below

• Advertisement

Anyone seen anything?

on a phone so unsure how to embed tweets but;

And the replies below

Further google would suggest it could well be bollocks.

http://wired.today/espn/mcgregor-leaves-ufc/

Found this but looks like fake news. I'd be genuinely surprised with McGregor and PEDS. Similar to Froch and DJ as other combat athletes that would shock me. I don't buy into the wisdom that 'everyones at it'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Further google would suggest it could well be bollocks.

http://wired.today/espn/mcgregor-leaves-ufc/

Found this but looks like fake news. I'd be genuinely surprised with McGregor and PEDS. Similar to Froch and DJ as other combat athletes that would shock me. I don't buy into the wisdom that 'everyones at it'

Yeah your mans an idiot and obviously read that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Yeah your mans an idiot and obviously read that.

That's an ad for the particular PED... gas that somebody has actually fallen for it

So the Tony Ferguson fight is the one to make, lets do it. No messing around!

Well Dana said that it's the fight to make and that Nate 3 was never even talked about. We can deduce from this that Nate is definitely next haha

Well Dana said that it's the fight to make and that Nate 3 was never even talked about. We can deduce from this that Nate is definitely next haha

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I like Tony as a fighter but how bad is his trash talk ,he's like the douche bag in an 80's high school movie,

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭laraido

So the Tony Ferguson fight is the one to make, lets do it. No messing around!

This is the fight I've been waiting for for a long time. Tony is such an unpredictable fighter and probably has a more believable claim to the 'school of hard knocks' background than Conor.

I really hope this happens this side of Christmas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That's an ad for the particular PED... gas that somebody has actually fallen for it

It's not even a PED. It's probably some bullshït natural test booster

• Advertisement

I love his trash talk. He's just such an odd character. "I'll ankle pick you".
    he's like the douche bag in an 80's high school movie,

This actually is accurate enough. But most of what he says just seems so out of place because its not the 80s anymore. I thought his call-out of Conor was simple but effective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement