Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Crass person uses a crass word that would have been used quite a lot throughout his life and the discussion about it has to go on for 3 days?

Conor might have surrounded himself with clever people when it comes to making money and business dealings but his IQ wouldn't be through the roof and if he wasn't a UFC Champ then his erratic behavior would have left him friendless years ago. Expecting him to behave differently is like hoping your Labrador won't stare at you and drool on the floor while you're eating your dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I dont understand the outrage about Conor saying the word? He comes from a poor area of Dublin where growing up that word would have been thrown around a lot, its in his vocabulary since he was young probably and it just comes out. He is quite obviously not a homophobe considering he asked his fans to vote yes for equality.

What I am saying is words are offensive depending on the context that they are used and in this situation Conor was not being offensive towards the gay community...... so people need to stop being so sensitive. I know the snowflakes will have their pitch forks out for him because in 2017 people love to be offended.

While I would not be a fan of using that word in the slightest I agree that Conor is a working class guy who beats people up for a living and he's backstage talking to his friend and probably unaware that he's being filmed. Language is often going to be rough and ready in this world. He's not a politician. What he should be aware of now though is that he is public property and someone will always have a camera on him if at all possible so he has to moderate his behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I dont understand the outrage about Conor saying the word?  He comes from a poor area of Dublin where growing up that word would have been thrown around a lot, its in his vocabulary since he was young probably and it just comes out.  He is quite obviously not a homophobe considering he asked his fans to vote yes for equality.  

What I am saying is words are offensive depending on the context that they are used and in this situation Conor was not being offensive towards the gay community...... so people need to stop being so sensitive.  I know the snowflakes will have their pitch forks out for him because in 2017 people love to be offended.

While I would not be a fan of using that word in the slightest I agree that Conor is a working class guy who beats people up for a living and he's backstage talking to his friend and probably unaware that he's being filmed. Language is often going to be rough and ready in this world. He's not a politician. What he should be aware of now though is that he is public property and someone will always have a camera on him if at all possible so he has to moderate his behaviour.
    Oh you can be 100% sure he was aware of the camera ,he was talking into it all night,
    he's done amazing for himself and is set for life but with just tiny chance he'd come across really well again, he seems to have gone down the road of having so much cash now he doesn't; give a rats how he comes across,
    Which is his own biz , he's done unreal for himself and it can never be taking away from him ,

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

This. I suspect his recreational activities will have very real ramifications on his fitness, unfortunately. At elite level, you're dealing in advantages of inches. The question mark is already there in respect of endurance. It might not even be a leap to suggest such activities are already the cause of the sudden drop offs in the quality of his output. Time will tell...

I agree with both posts above. His behaviour lately is similar to the way Hatton used to behave outside of camp. Hatton got away with it for years when he was young and fighting mid-level boxers. As he got older and got the super fights he was found out quite quickly.

If Conor doesn't cop on (re his lifestyle) I feel he'll get found out soon enough too.

On another note, I'd love to know how many people have subscribed to Conor's F.A.S.T programme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I think McGregor fools himself into thinking he isn't doing any damage when he's on the rantan, as typically he stays in quite excellent shape visibly. Atleast when Hatton was out of camp he'd balloon up 2 or 3 stone atleast, I wonder does Conor tell himself he's doing no harm as he is still shredded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Roaster wrote: »
    I agree with both posts above. His behaviour lately is similar to the way Hatton used to behave outside of camp. Hatton got away with it for years when he was young and fighting mid-level boxers. As he got older and got the super fights he was found out quite quickly.

If Conor doesn't cop on (re his lifestyle) I feel he'll get found out soon enough too.

On another note, I'd love to know how many people have subscribed to Conor's F.A.S.T programme?

I see there's no mention of the FAST programme on his Insta now, now it's the MacTalk App.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I just want to know how hes getting away with partying so much after having a baby:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I just want to know how hes getting away with partying so much after having a baby:)

$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

He's human like the rest of us. If he wants to go on the lash then go on the lash. He pops up maybe once every few months pissed. Hardly on it all the time.

The difference between him and us is what takes us 9 months just to get in shape he can do in 3.

He stays in pretty decent shape. In the gym all the time. If it gets bad it's not like he has to go to work 9 to 5 and then do an hour in the gym at night.

He has all day everyday, All the money in the world to pay people to feed him the right food, All the best trainers and equipment at his beck and call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Joe Rogans on his next fight.

Not sure I would agree on his opinion on the second Diaz fight at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Schaub is such a Mcgregor fanboy its laughable.

Same can be said for Joe who is always on team Diaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Can't believe I'm on Shaubs side. Joes talking absolute bollox here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Very surprised that people are acting surprised and shocked at McGregor using a vile slur like that.

It's completely his form. He's always been an uneducated thug. Nothing new in this latest incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    He's human like the rest of us. If he wants to go on the lash then go on the lash. He pops up maybe once every few months pissed. Hardly on it all the time.

The difference between him and us is what takes us 9 months just to get in shape he can do in 3.

He stays in pretty decent shape. In the gym all the time. If it gets bad it's not like he has to go to work 9 to 5 and then do an hour in the gym at night.

He has all day everyday, All the money in the world to pay people to feed him the right food, All the best trainers and equipment at his beck and call.
    All the above is true, but when  is fighting guys who don't drink and don't need 3 months to get back in shape is where the problem lies, Look at Flyod always in shape 365 days a year , Ferguson is another like that so if Conor can't get him out quick it'll come down to what in the gas tank ,He's not doing himself any favours ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I hope Conor's next fight is against Tony to unify the Lightweight belt.

Ferguson is so ****ing weird but I can't help but love him. He is a very well rounded fighter but I don't think he has the stand-up to trouble Conor and has been in trouble before with lesser caliber fighters.

Aside from that, I would also love to see Diaz active in the LW division so he becomes the natural challenger at 155 and we get a title, trilogy fight.

I think it's probably safe to say that McGregor and Ferguson won't be fighting on December 30th at this point. Judging on McGregor's antics at the weekend he doesn't look like a guy 8-9 weeks out from a 5 rd title fight. Ah well.

Just imagine McGregor vs Ferguson with a co-main of Khabib vs Diaz. A few years ago this probably would have happened but not in this era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Late late show offering tickets to see him interviewed on the late late ahead of movie release

Check late lates facebook page

[// ]CONOR McGREGOR FANS //
    Studio audience required for Late Late interview with Conor McGregor.
    Ahead of the release of his debut film ‘Notorious’, the two-weight UFC Champion’s is set to return to The Late Late Show on Tuesday, 31st October 2017.
    If you are available from on Tuesday (daytime) and would like to join us in RTÉ studios please email latelateextra@rte.ie for application (Subject title: Notorious). Times TO BE CONFIRMED.
    This is a DAYTIME event. All audience members must be over 18.
    Those who are lucky enough to secure tickets will be emailed with full details including confirmed time of recording. #latelate[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dulux99 wrote: »
    I think it's probably safe to say that McGregor and Ferguson won't be fighting on December 30th at this point. Judging on McGregor's antics at the weekend he doesn't look like a guy 8-9 weeks out from a 5 rd title fight. Ah well.

I agree that's it's more likely gonna be in early 2018 but surely there has been cases of fighters coming into championship or short notice camps not in their peak condition.

One night on the piss the odd weekend isn't gonna mean much if he still spends most of the rest of the week training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Gintonious wrote: »

Joe Rogans on his next fight.

Not sure I would agree on his opinion on the second Diaz fight at all.

Rogan being a muppet there. He's so biased towards Diaz it's ridiculous. McGregor knocked Diaz down 3 times in the first 2 rounds. Diaz finished the 3rd with a flurry, not enough to justify a 10-8 and the last two were split 1 each with the last being close up until the takedown.

To say if Diaz won that, that you could then go for McGregor Diaz III with the score being 2-0 to Diaz is ridiculous. If it was 3-0 would he say it's still the money fight? Where does he draw the line?

Anyway that's neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things and Ferguson is the only fight to make.

• Advertisement

Joe needs to get back on the weed. His brain doesn't function correctly without it. I'm not even joking, he said as much on a recent podcast. He's talking complete tripe in that clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Joe is talking tripe, but plenty of posters here come out with the same level of bias. Are they all on the green stuff too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mellor wrote: »
    Joe is talking tripe, but plenty of posters here come out with the same level of bias. Are they all on the green stuff too?

Or off it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Conor is on the Jonathan Ross show Saturday night.. What channel is that on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Conor is on the Jonathan Ross show Saturday night.. What channel is that on

Itv i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Review of the Notorious film, actually sounds really good.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/conor-mcgregor-notorious-movie-review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Review of the Notorious film, actually sounds really good.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/10/conor-mcgregor-notorious-movie-review

Yeah read that earlier, has me excited to see it. Should be good to see the unseen footage on the big screen, as well as all the usual footage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone know if all the tickets for savoy screening are gone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement