Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Have i mentioned how much I hate RTE iPlayer? 2 minutes of unskippable ads before the video starts, and that's with adBlocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hah, Dee is the original Bebo stunnah.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Very odd that his film is not in Vue in Liffey Valley, especially considering they were the ones who screened the Mayweather fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

YFlyer wrote: »
    Was he always that delusional?
    Could you maybe rephrase that with less context?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Mellor wrote: »
    Could you maybe rephrase that with less context?

ok. that he could beat junior?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Was he always that delusional?

Yep... Always been delusional... Sure a few years ago he was going on about how he'd be a multi millionaire and two weight UFC champion. Pure delusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

He never defended his Cage Rage title though.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Yep... Always been delusional... Sure a few years ago he was going on about how he'd be a multi millionaire and two weight UFC champion. Pure delusion

Talking about the Mayweather fight. Junior didn't even go into the philly shell defence (even thought McGregor mentioned that he did).

Should be gracious in defeat.

Talking about the Mayweather fight.
    Maybe you should have mentioned that you were talking about the Mayweather fight. Random thoughts out of context are tricky at best.
    He's hardly the only Junior in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ok. that he could beat junior?

He's just a baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

He never defended his Cage Rage title though.

He hasn't defended a title ever I don't think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He was starting to get impatient with this one....... 17 minutes on a junket ffs?

She took so long he actually quotes a question she asked (about Conor Jnr) back to her as he thought a previous reporter had asked it.

He needs people with him to prevent journos taking the piss like that. People other than Charlie Ward I mean.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/926784108004560896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

He was starting to get impatient with this one....... 17 minutes on a junket.

She took so long her actually quoted a question she asked (about Conor Jnr) back to her and said a previous reporter had asked it.

He needs people with him to prevent journos taking the piss. Other than Charlie Ward I mean.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/926784108004560896

My brother interviewed him that day on that set and they started flapping like crazy in the background when his 10 minutes was up. She did well to get 17!

Mellor wrote: »
    Maybe you should have mentioned that you were talking about the Mayweather fight. Random thoughts out of context are tricky at best.
    He's hardly the only Junior in the world.

Fair enough.

Still can't see what Mcgregor said on the LLS and what happened in the fight against Mayweather Junior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I reckon the UFC are going to work towards a GSP vs Mcgregor fight. Gsp will go back to 170 and if he beats Woodley that will set it up. I think it would be a bad fight for mcgregor to take but money will talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

rob316 wrote: »
    I reckon the UFC are going to work towards a GSP vs Mcgregor fight. Gsp will go back to 170 and if he beats Woodley that will set it up. I think it would be a bad fight for mcgregor to take but money will talk.

As said on other thread mcgregor might go up to mw so he can write of a loss as just taking a shot.we’re onto his scam now,defend a title against a legit contender you weasel

I agree. Dana immediately comes out saying this card beat Mayweather v McGregor in Canada. Such a random stat to come out with.

I think Conor basically wanted to know how big of a draw GSP is (today) and if he proved to be sufficiently big they'll do a mega-fight in Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Asus X540L wrote: »
    He hasn't defended a title ever I don't think

Nope. He won the Cage Warriors [not Cage Rage] FW title and then fought for the LW title and then left for the UFC. No defenses for either before jumping to the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Nearly time to strip him of the LW title surely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Given this has become the Official anti McGregor thread can we not have some balance on who Conor could actually beat in his next fight?

what about Joanna Jedrzejczyk she looks punchy right now .....or do the naysayers have some doubts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MW for mcgregor? That's nonsense WW is his absolute limit. He'd be a natural WW but woodley walks around at 200 then cuts to 170.

GSP and Conor are multiple weight Ufc champions, this is the money fight that WME will make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

MW for mcgregor? That's nonsense WW is his absolute limit. He'd be a natural WW but woodley walks around at 200 then cuts to 170.

GSP and Conor are multiple weight Ufc champions, this is the money fight that WME will make.

Georges can knock off another cocky and obnoxious fighter. :D

GSP would eat Mcgregor. The strength difference would be way to much, GSP would take him down and finish him fairlys swiftly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,980 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

LastLagoon wrote: »

Its a year next week since he beat Alvarez and he hasnt even alluded to defending it. Fairly disgraceful that its allowed really.

Also yeah Conor should be stripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

The Nal wrote: »
    LastLagoon wrote: »

Its a year next week since he beat Alvarez and he hasnt even alluded to defending it. Fairly disgraceful that its allowed really.

When he tweeted the name of the interim champion pretty much straight after Tony won, I'd class that as alluding to who he's fighting next.

The Nal wrote: »
    You haven't been paying attention.
    He said, last week, that he feels Tony will be next. Defense. Unification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

If on-going contract negotiations are to be believed, it's likely McGregor's demands for equity may be holding up the show - no doubt there's back and forth on this, probably around what guise his equity or stake may take.

That said, GSP v McGregor was in the crosshairs for post-Nate 1, though we all know what happened there.

Everybody by now has noted that GSP's star-power is still very much intact. Conor more than anyone has noticed this, especially if the Canadian PPV numbers are to be believed.

It all looks good for him, really:

Fight Tony, win/lose, doesn't matter.

Go fight GSP, win/lose, doesn't matter.

Fight Nate. Trilogy retirement fight. Win/lose, doesn't matter.

When I say 'doesn't matter', obviously it does - ideally he wins - but I mean in the context of him being a draw, of having a natural steady progression in terms of the stature of fight. It's a very conceivable, lucrative path for him.

Also, crazy as it may seem, I see Conor having a Dana role down the line. It could be the price he pays for equity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Firas Zahabi, May 2017:

"I don't believe Georges is interested in defending titles at this stage of his career. He wants fun fights. Bisping is an opportunity for a 2nd belt and McGregor would be the biggest fight in UFC history. I believe those are the only two fights that make sense".

JK, this week:

"I would love a Conor-GSP fight, it would be great. I'm a fan of GSP's but he has a tough task ahead of him this weekend. Overlooking Bisping would be a mistake. I'm very interested to see how it goes".

Freddie Roach, this week:

"McGregor is a coc.ky kid but he did ok against Floyd. I would just say ok no more than that. I would like to see the McGregor fight happen, I would enjoy (camp) for the fight and I believe it's very possible".

Olivier Aubin-Mercier (main training partner for Bisping camp), this week:

"If Georges wins he will fight McGregor next. It's a win-win for the UFC. If Georges beats Conor he's the biggest MMA fighter of all-time. If Conor wins, then he is. If Conor loses, nobody will hold it against him (outside his weight class)"

If all of that wasn't enough proof:

Dana White:

"GSP will fight Whittaker next. Conor will defend against Ferguson".

;)

• Advertisement

I think GSP winning is a real spanner in the McG v GSP fight.

Would Nevada license a 172lb fighter for MW title fight verses a 200+lb GSP. It's not guaranteed imo. What is it worth to them verses a LW defense? Anything?

UFF Perth is booked. It's needs to be PPV.

Where as if he lost. Bisping fights in Perth. GSP fight Conor at 170lbs.

How I see 2018
    Conor beats Tony.e
    GSP loses Bobby.
    Khabib misses weight again.
    No LW contender exists. Conor fight GSP at WW. Winner gets a title shot.

Alternate version;
    Khabib/Gaethe or whoever emerges as a contender.
    Conor fights the above.
    GSP reclaims the WW title

Sets up Conor V George at WW for strap 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement