Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

You've just cut your claim from "150m+ easily" to "over 100m".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

That was a misprint, I meant 100m Euros :P

Anyway, looks like Paulie has competition, Horn wants a piece:
    ''It would be the easiest fight of my career,’’

"I watched McGregor’s fight with Floyd Mayweather (in August) and Floyd wore him down and stopped him even though Floyd hadn’t fought for a couple of years.

"I would bring a lot more pressure on McGregor right from the opening bell and I hit a lot harder than Floyd too.

"If the fight can be made I’d love it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anyone who has interest in seeing McGregor box again should be forced to go 12 rounds with Tyson in his prime to knock some cop on into them. No ref or towel throwing either :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Of course he wants a piece. It's a significantly easier fight than a top boxer, and he's make significantly more money fighting McGregor that he would fighting a boxer. It would be very odd if he didn't want a piece tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Paulie would be the fight I'd see Dana / Zuffa making as they could sell the grudge match aspect of it and Paulie never shuts the fcuk up so you know the pressers would also help sell it.

that's guys an absolute bum! I ****ing hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Id be interested to hear people's thoughts on the film. Went to see it last night, thought it was only alright to be honest. People posting in this thread probably aren't the target audience I suppose. It probably would have been a great watch for the more casual fan.

I'd love to see some proper production company get stuck into conors story one day and produce a Senna-type film. Severe did a decent effort here but it was a bit amateurish at times, for instance they said that the McGregor vs Aldo fight took place in November 2015. Don't know how nobody spotted that in editing. The ending was definitely rushed also, practically no coverage of the Alvarez or Mayweather fights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Holm v Cyborg not happening and Cruz out of UFC 219.....

Do I recall Conor saying in an embedded before that he hated not being bale to eat a Christmas time with his family?

I wonder if an extra few million dollars would make it worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dulux99 wrote: »
    thought it was only alright to be honest. People posting in this thread probably aren't the target audience I suppose.
    I felt it was the complete opposite. It seemed to appeal mainly to people who are already big McGregor fans. It was pretty much a really long UFC embedded full of loads of behind-the-scenes footage that big fans of his would relish. It didn't really do too much past that and that's why it probably won't be considered a must-see sports documentary in its own right. The casual audience would enjoy it but probably won't be raving to their friends about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Seems that Holm has priced herself out of 219, so whoever said that Dana mentioning Macgregor possibly headlining 219 as leverage was probably bang on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

froog wrote: »
    that's guys an absolute bum! I ****ing hope not.

He's an absolute bum and he'd still school Conor in a boxing ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

He's an absolute bum and he'd still school Conor in a boxing ring.

probably would, but i've no interest in that fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

487 pages and I've yet to see an anti McGregor post that Weldoninho hasn't thanked:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

stephenl15 wrote: »
    487 pages and I've yet to see an anti McGregor post that Weldoninho hasn't thanked:D

Can't say he's not dedicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Id be interested to hear people's thoughts on the film. Went to see it last night, thought it was only alright to be honest. People posting in this thread probably aren't the target audience I suppose. It probably would have been a great watch for the more casual fan.

I'd love to see some proper production company get stuck into conors story one day and produce a Senna-type film. Severe did a decent effort here but it was a bit amateurish at times, for instance they said that the McGregor vs Aldo fight took place in November 2015. Don't know how nobody spotted that in editing. The ending was definitely rushed also, practically no coverage of the Alvarez or Mayweather fights

I enjoyed it. It's not going to be nominated for any Oscars or anything to say the least, but it's an enjoyable 90 minutes IMO.

I thought they did a great job during the middle section espeiclally, in which they were covering the build up to and actual event of UFC 189.

The start and end weren't anywhere near as good with large parts skipped over and no depth. In a way it's understandable as let's be honest, no one knew what was going to come at the start so there isn't much footage, and it was probably too late in the day to go into any detail on the Mayweather fight, but I would have liked to see more insight into the Alvarez fight especially.

They were probably deleted by the mods..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Checks 487 pages for Weldoninho's posts....... Well that's not weird at all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

They were probably deleted by the mods..

Got something you want to discuss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/929063948686708738

Surprised the bellator madness hasn't been posted or am I late to the party! Hard to defend that sort of carry on. I'm sure audio of what he said will come out which will probably just make things worse.

I'm as big a McGregor fan as there is but that is just complete f*cking idiocy. What an absolute knob.

No doubt there'll be the usual "that's gas craic altogether" reaction from plenty on here but that's ****ing embarrassing carry on altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I'm as big a McGregor fan as there is but that is just complete f*cking idiocy. What an absolute knob.

Jesus! If he touched a ref like that after one of his fights he'd be looking at a ban. Does anyone know could he get one for this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Whats the problem jumped in and celebrated, Goddard pushed him for some reason lucky he wasnt slept for his troubles.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Whats the problem jumped in and celebrated, Goddard pushed him for some reason lucky he wasnt slept for his troubles.

Are you taking the piss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Ah here, what is he at? As someone has said, if he had done that in the UFC, he probably get a ban.

He needs to lay off the dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gintonious wrote: »
    Ah here, what is he at? He needs to lay off the dust.

Haha the absolute state of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

**** sake Conor, it isn't even the UFC you can't do that, completely took away from Wards big moment as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    **** sake Conor, it isn't even the UFC you can't do that, completely took away from Wards big moment as well.

Did the same for Artem as well, well something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

His Transformation into being a Grade A wa*ker is compelete ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gintonious wrote: »
    Did the same for Artem as well, well something similar.

Would nearly be something he might have done to test Marc after the Artem fight, get back some alfaness. Coker could well push for full punishment, whatever that might be, just to get at UFC if nothing else.

• Advertisement

A few years ago I reckon JK would have pulled him aside and give him a proper bollocking for that. Even for the Artem shenanigans the other week. Seems as if those days are gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement