Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I follow his fighting.

Thats what I enjoy.

After that I couldn't care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

No sanctioning body in Ireland means that there's nobody to punish him. Bellator can't because they're not his promotion and the UFC won't because it didn't happen under their watch.

The closest thing to a sanctioning body here now is SafeMMA and their head is JK so even if they could do anything, they won't.

The sooner Ireland and the UK have sanctioning bodies who can draft agreements with the state athletic commissions in the US and other countries the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Gintonious wrote: »
    Ah here, what is he at? As someone has said, if he had done that in the UFC, he probably get a ban.

He needs to lay off the dust.

I can't imagine Dana and WME will be happy with him for being caught on camera at a rival promotion's live event and nearly starting a riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

****ing hell he seriously needs to lay of the coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The EA UFC game cover curse strikes again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

dulux99 wrote: »
    A few years ago I reckon JK would have pulled him aside and give him a proper bollocking for that. Even for the Artem shenanigans the other week. Seems as if those days are gone.

Yep, Kavanagh long abandoned any sense of integrity to ride the gravy train. He's just a Yes-Man and a baggage handler now.

What's that saying about Where money lies, Honor dies?

Haha Bellator baking the most of this, Spike is gonna get some many viewers later!

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/929073502723874816

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Harsh on JK.

Conor is a full grown man, with silly money and a posse around him.
    Hard for anyone to deal with that

I just hope he doesn't end up losing everything .....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yep, Kavanagh long abandoned any sense of integrity to ride the gravy train. He's just a Yes-Man and a baggage handler now.

What's that saying about Where money lies, Honor dies?

The whole Bushido spirit thing is grand if your broke, but who wouldn’t really trade it for cold hard cash?

I say that as someone who thinks he was seriously acting the tit.

But JK at this stage can’t realistically pull him aside and tell him that. It’s sycophantic, but I don’t think any other head coach would handle it any different. He’s too big to lose. You can really question your star fighter when he’s bigger than the sport itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

He is an embarrassment (awaits poster saying yeah but he has loads of money etc etc) to himself at this stage.

• Advertisement

Not good, I know he was falling back off the cage but you can't slap people in the head for getting to do their job.

https://twitter.com/MMAMadDale/status/929078380967940096

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

He also caused a commotion around a fighter that had just been knocked out. Absolute ****ing muppet. He'll get away with it without so much as a slap on the wrist, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Not good, I know he was falling back off the cage but you can't slap people in the head for getting to do their job.

https://twitter.com/MMAMadDale/status/929078380967940096

Ok so, well thats assault...

In a ring where people assault each other for people's entertainment??

People need to chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

maybe he just had too many fizzy drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Are you actually for real? He slapped a member of staff into the face. Would it be alright if he gave an announcer a dig too?

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever read from anyone in the MMA forum.

Commissioners are there to enforce the rules for the safety for the fighters in the cage, not to be attacked by entitled coked up head the balls.

Hopefully he'll be banned from the 3 Arena for life and promoters in coming to Dublin won't have to worry about it in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

Think he has bitten off more than he can chew now

Acting the prick and becoming more unlikable by the day

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever read from anyone in the MMA forum.

Serious overrection going on over a slap.yes its wrong but jaysus I'm sure your man is alive and well.

• Advertisement

Serious overrection going on over a slap.yes its wrong but jaysus I'm sure your man is alive and well.

Ah yeah sure you can go around slapping anyone and everyone in the face, sure it won't kill them I suppose. Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Conor needs to come out and publicly show remorse for this.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Ah yeah sure you can go around slapping anyone and everyone in the face, sure it won't kill them I suppose. Good point.

Its wrong but let's not loose our **** altogether over a slap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

He has actually turned into a really repulsive person ..

It's gone to stage where it's so obvious that I can't even be called a begrudger anymore

That aside I do hope he seeks some sort of help .. A coke problem along with being a multi millionaire and having rock star fame is dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Remind me, was he meant to be in the ring hitting people? Or was he just in attendance?

So you can just slap anyone? Sure it's only a slap, no real harm done? Assault is assault ffs. Nobody is saying it's GHB.

If that official decided to go to the Gardai over it, McGregor could be in big trouble. I doubt it, but he could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

What would happen in any sport if an official got a slap aimed at him?

In football it’s a 12month ban minimum

Off his bean in his 2004 era J-Lo velour tracksuit all excited because his friend actually won a fight and loses the run of himself again.

Remind me, was he meant to be in the ring hitting people? Or was he just in attendance?

He didn't hit anyone in the ring.

To me it looks like he needs help.

But people want blood before thinking maybe hes loosing the plot which is sad to see.

• Advertisement

He didn't hit anyone in the ring.

To me it looks like he needs help.

But people want blood before thinking maybe hes loosing the plot which is sad to see.

I hope, for your sake, you're trolling us. Genuinely. If you are it's an excellent effort, if not.... Jaysus wept

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement