Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They should make an exception for him.

why
    hes out if it and all but indont acually see what people are saying they see
    he was up in the cage and the official pushed at him so he slapped him

he junped on CW which is probably unnessicary but theybare mates
    Charlie dosent seen to know whats going on
    then the ref pushes him (why?) and then conor gets all uppitty
    then the official goes to grab conor by the throat

i think the worst thing is the trampling of the downed fighter but if tgey had just let him jump on ward what else woukd have happened

i donno what happened next outside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Tigger wrote: »
    why
    hes out if it and all but indont acually see what people are saying they see
    he was up in the cage and the official pushed at him so he slapped him

he junped on CW which is probably unnessicary but theybare mates
    Charlie dosent seen to know whats going on
    then the ref pushes him (why?) and then conor gets all uppitty
    then the official goes to grab conor by the throat

i think the worst thing is the trampling of the downed fighter but if tgey had just let him jump on ward what else woukd have happened

i donno what happened next outside

Why should he be allowed to? He's not part of the promotion or on their roster. He was a member of the public. Commissioners and refs have responsibility to the fighters that are contracted to Bellator and BAMMA, not Conor McGregor

Let's not downplay this as anything other than scummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think a film of his life being well received finally tipped him over the edge. He probably thinks he is in some movie, running around the place in furs causimg commotion. What a plank.

i do think that ether the act has be ome the man or that the drugs have brought out a rougher streak
    i think the money and the entourage of yes men probably dont help
    its a mad tging to watch
    all i really cared about is the fights but i woukdnt like if he became a prck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

See, the ones on here saying "everyone's going way over the top" or "you're all exaggerating the seriousness" of it are precisely the ones who claim to love MMA as a sport, but in reality have no interest in subscribing to some of the most basic concepts of what constitutes a sport. For example, respect for the rules or respect for officials. Rather, what they seek is a spectacle, or in WWE parlance, sports entertainment.

Nobody is suggesting or implying that McGregor inflicted serious injury on any individual through his actions. However, he has inflicted a massive injury on the sport you claim to love and you either don't care (because it's Conor, Ireland baby, yeah!) or you're too stupid to realise it.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Why should he be allowed to? He's not part of the promotion or on their roster. He was a member of the public. Commissioners and refs have responsibility to the fighters that are contracted to Bellator and BAMMA, not Conor McGregor

Let's not downplay this as anything other than scummy.

hes not a member of the public
    hes friends with Charlie and hes the most famous Irish MMA fighter ever
    probably the most famous MMA fighter ever at an Irish gig

i personally thought it could have gone worse
    i do think he looked very immature in the ring tho

hes not a member of the public
    hes friends with Charlie and hes the most famous Irish MMA fighter ever
    probably the most famous MMA fighter ever at an Irish gig

So? He's not employed by Bellator. He wasn't part of Charlie's corner. Therefore a member of the public.

See, the ones on here saying "everyone's going way over the top" or "you're all exaggerating the seriousness" of it are precisely the ones who claim to love MMA as a sport, but in reality have no interest in subscribing to some of the most basic concepts of what constitutes a sport. For example, respect for the rules or respect for officials. Rather, what they seek is a spectacle, or in WWE parlance, sports entertainment.

Nobody is suggesting or implying that McGregor inflicted serious injury on any individual through his actions. However, he has inflicted a massive injury on the sport you claim to love and you either don't care (because it's Conor, Ireland baby, yeah!) or you're too stupid to realise it.

what massive injury on the sport

Faugheen wrote: »
    So? He's not employed by Bellator. He wasn't part of Charlie's corner. Therefore a member of the public.

when his sister goes intonthe ring when conor wins is she part of the ufc or part of his corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Looks like all the fame and money has gotten into his head. I know some might see the slap as nothing but if a regular fan from the stands invaded the cage and did that, there's no doubt he would be arrested and in deep sh*t. Because Conor is the sh*t now and is loaded, he'll get away with it and he knows it. Harsh reality

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/929112779306434562

when his sister goes intonthe ring when conor wins is she part of the ufc or part of his corner

No to both.

It's a bit of a silly comparison though considering she doesn't go around slapping people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

hearing he's been arrested for a hotel fracas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I don't ever remember his sister a.) having to be restrained from attacking a referee or b.) slapping a staff member in the face. If she did either of those things then i don't think it'd go down well either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,834 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Few on twitter and Yahoo News (not very reliable) that he has been arrested.

I hope thats wrong.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I don't ever remember his sister a.) having to be restrained from attacking a referee or b.) slapping a staff member in the face. If she did either of those things then i don't think it'd go down well either.

the refnstarted on him as far as i can see
    the official
    nearly pushed him off the cage and inagree he shouldnt have been on the cage you say get down you tit
    if hed fallen back yer man would have been in some trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

all hes short now is getting stung with the white stuff
    then hes totally ****ed

the official
    nearly pushed him off the cage and inagree he shouldnt have been on the cage you say get down you tit

...because McGregor is entering a cage straight after a fight when one fighter is KOed, and then climbing on said cage.

Oh, you seem to be ignoring that he's not contracted to Bellator.

What part of all of this are you not getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

how lads can defend his actions tonight is beyond me
    and id be first to defend him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Any said they'd fancy that ref or commisioner fella to beat him in the octagon yet?:D

• Advertisement

the official

I just can't even be bothered to debate with you. I'd be as well thumping my head off the wall.

McGregor has disgraced himself and the sport tonight. Us genuine MMA fans are still rare enough these days, I'm a bit mortified that people will be asking me about this in work Monday. If it was a ligitimate sport then he'd be out on his ear for at least 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What a clown :D

Unless it was a publicity stunt pre-arranged with Bellator, I’d imagine he might be in a spot of bother!

I’m sure he can afford the fine though....

Doubt they’ll be seeing him in The ‘Joy anytime soon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

the official

Would you give over. He stopped the medical treatment of a downed fighter and then shoved someone into him, there’s no defending McGregor anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

McGregor is a bit of a dope alright, and granted he was not an official corner man, but people are always in the cage after fights.

What the **** was Goddard pushing him in the chest for anyway.

And how the **** did they 4 officials manage to drag godard and McGregor over to the still downed fighter.

****ing lunacy all round.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I just can't even be bothered to debate with you. I'd be as well thumping my head off the wall.

McGregor has disgraced himself and the sport tonight. Us genuine MMA fans are still rare enough these days, I'm a bit mortified that people will be asking me about this in work Monday. If it was a ligitimate sport then he'd be out on his ear for at least 12 months.

no Jones disgraced the sport tepeatedly but no one asks you about that cos they dont know who
    he is
    mcgreggor is simply being an idiot out of it on whatever hes on
    what donyou men its not anlegitamite sport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gintonious wrote: »

I hope thats wrong.

I hope it's right. A criminal charge could be the kick up the hole he needs.

He's packed in the charming chancer image now and has become a jumped up classless prick.

Dana, John Kavanagh, Dee, his parents and anybody else who is a big part of his life need to sit him down and tell him to cop the feck on.

He's behaving like a complete ball bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Gintonious wrote: »

I hope thats wrong.

Might be the best thing that could happen to him!

Would you give over. He stopped the medical treatment of a downed fighter and then shoved someone into him, there’s no defending McGregor anymore.
    of who
    he was jmpng
    on charlie who
    wasnt downed nowhere near the other guy, ref made a
    deal of it

no Jones disgraced the sport tepeatedly but no one asks you about that cos they dont know who
    he is
    mcgreggor is simply being an idiot out of it on whatever hes on
    what donyou men its not anlegitamite sport?

What is your point? People don't ask me about Jon Jones as he's not a household name in Ireland. He also got caught taking drugs. Name a sport where a top sports man hasn't been caught taking drugs.

It's not a legitimate sport because the UFC is not a strict sports league, it is sports entertainment. If Joe Duffy stormed the cafe and slapped an official and tried to attack a ref, he'd never be allowed near a UFC cage again. Mcgregor will get a slap on the wrist at most.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I hope it's right. A criminal charge could be the kick up the hole he needs.

He's packed in the charming chancer image now and has become a jumped up classless prick.

Dana, John Kavanagh, Dee, his parents and anybody else who is a big part of his life need to sit him down and tell him to cop the feck on.

He's behaving like a complete ball bag.
    hes being anbit classless but people are
    looking forman opportunity to condemnhim as well
    he should cop
    on and he needs to be told
    i agree on that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement