Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Oh, you're so right, yes, my views of the events earlier this evening stem from my dislike of misandry... thought I'd hid it well, but no, you rumbled me.

I'm surprised the night nurse lets you use the Internet this late if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Oh, you're so right, yes, my views of the events earlier this evening stem from my dislike of misandry... thought I'd hid it well, but no, you rumbled me.

I'm surprised the night nurse lets you use the Internet this late if I'm honest.
    Pete, at some stage I assume your crusade for men’s rights was well intentioned however it’s taken a wrong turn somewhere.

The two posts I noticed, on topical issues I’ve an interest in, were you:

Misrepresenting a post about Louis Ck forcing women to watch him Masturbate to score points about misandry

And

Defending Conor jumping in a cage, slapping a commissioner and trying to start a fight with a referee

Maybe the two aren’t linked but you’ve still got a pretty disagreeable viewpoint of both.

Apologies I’m up late arguing with you, it’s been a really rough week and today I’ve found out three people I admired are pretty ****ty people (Louis ck, Conor & Jesse Lacey)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

McNugget gone full megalomaniac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Luke Thomas saying that because the event was regulated by Michael Mazzulli (director of the Mohegan Commission) McGregor could potentially get a hefty enough suspension):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Handbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

He's obviously going one way and its self destruction.

Sad to see but happens to many people who find fame and fortune so quick.

Wouldn't it be better to try help him?

Seems people are licking their lips at the prospect of him possibly ending up who knows where.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I found cmcg bearable up to this point. Now.....its like 'look at me, look at me'. Worse than bono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Absolutely disgusted at Conor's behaviour there. I've been a fan since his Cage Warrior days, had a lot of time for him but this is indefensible. I also love that Goddard didn't back up one step.

Also, Ward's comment on how his opponent may not have woken up tomorrow... wow. Just wow. Good PR job, Charlie.

A very, very disappointing night for SBG Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,701 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is he having some sort of meltdown I wonder? Similar to Fury in the boxing? .

Doesn't look good anyway.

He literally looked like a text book definition scumbag

Gonna find it hard to part with my cash and stay up late and write off the Sunday after for his next fight

I had so much respect for this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭cletus

I'm not sure how people can pass this off as 'nothing' and 'handbags'. People seem to be conflating McGregor the fighter and McGregor the person. The slap is not the hardest dig he has ever thrown, but the crucial difference is neither he nor the person he struck was contracted to fight, so just like any other member of the public he committed an act of battery. Before anybody jumps in, no I'm not claiming he 'battered' the official.

He had no right to jump that cage, the fight had not even been called yet. Does anybody defending his actions think that, had he waited till Ward was announced as winner and then walked into the cage to congratulate him, he would have received the same treatment from the officials?

In any other sport that I can think of, assault and battery of an official would result in a ban, from the lowest levels up. I know that, without a world-wide governing body, that becomes problematic for MMA. Having said that, it does seem like the ABC are looking at it

With regards to the push from both the ref and the official inside the cage, it's very simple. Had McGregor not acted as he did, there would have been no push from either. Somebody will probably suggest that this was battery on their behalf. Honestly I'm not sure legally where that stands, but both the officials look like they could present a better case for the necessity of their actions to either the gardai or a judge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

He's loosing the plot before our eyes.

How many times have we seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I wonder how long it'll be before someone comes along to label Goddard either a "snake" or a "weasel".

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

He needs to lay off the cocaine and get a grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I feel really sorry for people who followed him as a sportsman backing him up by saying his behaviour outside the arena was a show and just to build up for the fights.

Turns out he was acting like a scumbag because he IS a scumbag, I am not surprised.

This is a large part of the reason why McGregor's teammates (Artem, Charlie etc) were kept in the UFC so long even though they are mostly useless - UFC knew if they let them off to Bellator, Conor would likely attend the fights and his presence ringside would have promotional value. Bellator immediately put out promo footage of the altercation to promote their event in the US where it was on time-delay.

People should remember this next time they say SBG are great because they have/had X guys in the UFC. Most of those guys are not there on merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

cletus wrote: »
    He had no right to jump that cage, the fight had not even been called yet.

Technically shouldn't the fight have been stopped due to a crowd invasion and called a no contest? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

That's a pretty serious allegation. You have proof of course?

Water finds it's own level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also, Ward's comment on how his opponent may not have woken up tomorrow... wow. Just wow. Good PR job, Charlie.

Yeah when I heard him say that, I was like WTF!! After what happened before? Are you serious???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭RoryMac

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    That's a pretty serious allegation. You have proof of course?

Video of him up a tree in Liverpool is proof enough I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah when I heard him say that, I was like WTF!! After what happened before? Are you serious???

Not surprising if uv heard Charlie talk before , all on about people who pay tax are fools and how he lives a lawless life , He's not a very intelligent chap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

RoryMac wrote: »
    Video of him up a tree in Liverpool is proof enough I'd say

I laughed way too hard at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Just celebrating his surroundings, as he likes to put it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ugh I've been growing more and more tired of him since the Mayweather circus tbh. No logical way of defending that.
    Cop on and defend the belt rather than being in the limelight for this nonsense.

Watching GSP on his return actually showed something to me. You can be a superstar in MMA and not act like a classless thug at the same time.

Just sad that arguably our most famous talent of the last decade is rather publicly melting down before our very eyes. Not even sure I care about him getting back to fighting now if this continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Jesus, after reading 12 pages on here, I watched the video this morning. Acting the bollix alright but ye getting a bit overboard there with the outrage.

Jesus, after reading 12 pages on here, I watched the video this morning. Acting the bollix alright but ye getting a bit overboard there with the outrage.

He was obviously off his tits on something flying around like a spastic midget. Pushed the ref and also assaulted an official with a slap outside the cage Don't know how even the most deluded apologists can brush this off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

glasso wrote: »
    He was obviously off his tits on something flying around like a spastic midget. Pushed the ref and also assaulted an official with a slap outside the cage Don't know how even the most deluded apologists can brush this off.

Don't know if you've ever taking coke or any narcotics, but that's not the effect they have, the complete opposit infact! He looked like a gurrier steamed up on vodka.
    A bit of handbags there is all, looking to steal the limelight all the time. Goddard seems to think it wasn't much either with his humorous tweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

This I'd say also from that video earlier in the thread he is as high as a kite
    I'd be a fan of his but carrying on like he did last night no need for it he was wrong end of he was off his face and lost the plot hopefully today he will see that before it gets worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Don't know if you've ever taking coke or any narcotics, but that's not the effect they have, the complete opposit infact! He looked like a gurrier steamed up on vodka.
    A bit of handbags there is all, looking to steal the limelight all the time. Goddard seems to think it wasn't much either with his humorous tweet

You obviously don't no what you are on about cocaine is a stimulant not technically a narcotic actually and absolutely causes people to act like he was for example

Typical signs and symptoms of current cocaine use include:

Increased agitation.
    Effusive enthusiasm.
    Disinhibition.
    Increased movement (i.e. hyperactivity).
    Increased common cold-like symptoms and/or nosebleeds.
    Signs of involuntary movements (i.e. muscle tics).
    Changes in concentration and focus.

You are thinking of the likes of benzos or opiots which are downers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement