Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Don't know if you've ever taking coke or any narcotics, but that's not the effect they have, the complete opposit infact! He looked like a gurrier steamed up on vodka.
    A bit of handbags there is all, looking to steal the limelight all the time. Goddard seems to think it wasn't much either with his humorous tweet

I don't think YOU have ever done coke before. Last night were the exact actions of a sniffed up goon with a supersized ego and healthy dose of entitement.

All this commentary is embarrassing "yeah but the ref pushed him" etc
    Strip it back to what it was, a coke head who is a prick being a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

sjb25 wrote: »
    You obviously don't no what you are on about cocaine is a stimulant not technically a narcotic actually and absolutely causes people to act like he was for example

Typical signs and symptoms of current cocaine use include:

Increased agitation.
    Effusive enthusiasm.
    Disinhibition.
    Increased movement (i.e. hyperactivity).
    Increased common cold-like symptoms and/or nosebleeds.
    Signs of involuntary movements (i.e. muscle tics).
    Changes in concentration and focus.

You are thinking of the likes of benzos or opiots which are downers

I take the stuff on a fairly regular basis and I've never once felt the need to run around acting the clown or any agtessive behavoir atall. I've no doubt he does take stuff, but last night's antics aren't caused by drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I take the stuff on a fairly regular basis and I've never once felt the need to run around acting the clown or any agtessive behavoir atall. I've no doubt he does take stuff, but last night's antics aren't caused by drugs.

Find a new dealer, whatever you're buying is clearly not coke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Don't know if you've ever taking coke or any narcotics, but that's not the effect they have, the complete opposit infact! He looked like a gurrier steamed up on vodka.
    A bit of handbags there is all, looking to steal the limelight all the time. Goddard seems to think it wasn't much either with his humorous tweet

Theres a video of them being lead out the back and McGregor is giving all that and his last words are "**** im wired to the moon "
    the funny thing its looks like one of his mates recording the video

I'm sure there's many other posters on here who take coke and don't act like a scumbag. It's the scumbag man not the drug. Like I said, I've no doubt he takes it, but he'd be acting the very same after a few vodkas. He's like a rowdy teenager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭pawdee

He has millions in the bank but he's still a knacker with zero class. No amount of money will change that.

I'm sure there's many other posters on here who take coke and don't act like a scumbag. It's the scumbag man not the drug. Like I said, I've no doubt he takes it, but he'd be acting the very same after a few vodkas. He's like a rowdy teenager

but mcgregor is acting like a scumbag in this video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The standards people hold cage fighters to, men and women who are trying to sleep people or break their arms with submissions for a living, the guy has been like this for years since the first time I ever came across him in Barcode probably 10 years ago the shocked reactions are gas, the man is a headcase but hes our headcase (mcgregor fans).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Find a new dealer, whatever you're buying is clearly not coke

In fairness im sure the coke McGregor gets is slightly different from your average street dealer::

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Looked more than just a slap to me, pure thuggery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's a left hook not a slap.

He should take that wwe contract he can square up to officials as much as he wants then.

Looked more than just a slap to me, pure thuggery

the man took his left better than Aldo anyways. but acting like a complete arse.

Gamebred wrote: »
    The standards people hold cage fighters to, men and women who are trying to sleep people or break their arms with submissions for a living, the guy has been like this for years since the first time I ever came across him in Barcode probably 10 years ago the shocked reactions are gas, the man is a headcase but hes our headcase (mcgregor fans).

that's supposed to be inside the cage in a sanctioned fight. you can't just be a thug whenever the mood takes. don't see GSP doing this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

I'd agree here to an extent . Drugs can't be used as an excuse. 80% of the crowd was probably high as a kite but behaved themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

He seems to have lost the run of himself since birth of his son .

Time for him to grow up and realise what's important . I wonder what his parents must be thinking . They looked pretty worried about something on late late last week .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

glasso wrote: »
    that's supposed to be inside the cage in a sanctioned fight. you can't just be a thug whenever the mood takes. don't see GSP doing this crap.

You don't see GSP off his tits either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The guy he slapped is in for a serious settlement anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If your coke is giving you the opposite effect to that, you are getting **** coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Gamebred wrote: »
    The guy he slapped is in for a serious settlement anyways.

I work in that business . The amount of crap he can spout to get a huge payout is limitless .

McGregor bragging to his posse of tools shortly after about hitting the guy.
    Also says "I'm wired to the moon" at one point.... (42 seconds)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

He's probably still concussed from the beating Mayweather gave him.

He shouldn't have pushed Conor off the cage anyway, could easily have fell and landed awkwardly..

He shouldn't have pushed Conor off the cage anyway, could easily have fell and landed awkwardly..

You are on a wind-up surely?
    look, fair play to McGregor he has done a great job becoming a wealthy famous person, but that or the birth of his son has nothing to do with the fact he is and likes being a bit of a knack.

If he wasn't jumping in a cage on TV last night type famous their is a good chance he could be a plumber in town on a light out sniffed up and getting in rows.

Sweet Jesus. This blind fanboy love prolongs and polarises people even more about McGregor.
    Why not just admit he acted like a c*nt last night and hopefully move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

bur wrote: »
    He's probably still concussed from the beating Mayweather gave him.

I laugh when he said he should have stayed on till the round finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He was trespassing.. The officials had full rights to beat the **** out of him... Just like a jihaddi invading the octogon

probably the worst thing about this is the fact that there was a hurt fighter on the ground in the cage and McGregor didn't give a sh1t and jumped in and made it all about him and hindered the care the guy might have needed. obviously has no respect for the sport that made him rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Some of the stuff I've read in this thread has left me truly bewildered, Such as "Cocaine doesn't make you act all hyped up" , "we shouldn't judge him too much cos he fights for a living, the official and red pushed him first...."

I just can't fathom how any decent respectful fully grown adult could view his knacker actions last night and not be turned off the man. His actions were the actions of a knacker and a bully who is using his stature to just belittle people everywhere he goes. And I say that as someone who's been following his career for years and has paid hard earned money to follow him half way around the world multiple times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭SteM

His dad has come across very well when he's been interviewed in the past. Time for him to step in and have a very firm word with his son now I think. Maybe he'll listen to some sence from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

I think drink and drugs bring out different things in different people. For some people, cocaine makes them a bit more confident and come out of their shell. If someone is naturally confident is can make them obnoxious.

If cocaine is mixed with certain types of alcohol then all bets are off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement