Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I dont think a coach should have to parent a fighter but hes a mouth piece 99% of the time JK, his silence is deafening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

This thread is embarrassing. It seems that most of the posters are the same imbeciles who were at the Aldo presser in Dublin.

I actually am looking forward to watching the demise of this despicable egomaniac. PR can get you so far but the real person cannot be hidden forever.

Personally I judge a man on how he is as a husband and father, not how hard he can hit someone. Sadly too many people see things differently.

And as for those hoodie scrotes posing beside him in the video outside, jesus christ is this what he thinks are friends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I take the stuff on a fairly regular basis
    Fair play, I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Conor needs to take some advice from TLC

https://youtu.be/FrLequ6dUdM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

He’s an out and out scumbag.
    We all know the type.
    And he is one of them.
    That was actually unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

akelly02 wrote: »
    You will defend the man no matter what its actually embarrassing

Nonsense, I condemned him for lots and even in the post you quoted I said he is not blameless, sorry that's enough for you but we already knew McGregor lashes out.... slapped that camera out of the young lad's hand for example and yeah, he shouldn't have jumped in the cage, but anyone that thinks that wasn't planned is a fool.

As for the slap, he was sitting on the cage, not holding on (crucially) hand his hands in the air and that clown attempted to shove him off the cage. I don't care if he's the CEO of Bellator, he shouldn't have done that.

Is McGregor a dickead? Yeah, he sure can be. That's hardly breaking news. Especially so when someone touches him. Sure look at how he reacted when Faber was just messing with him that time. Nate's fist, same deal. Sure, he needs to cop on but my comments were in reaction to some of ott nonsense that was being spouted here right after the clip was posted.
    He shouldn't have pushed Conor off the cage anyway, could easily have fell and landed awkwardly..

Exactly, he should have just caroled him of the cage and prevented him from hopping down. You don't push someone off a cage when their hands are in the air especially. End of the day McGregor is a cock for jumping in the ring but had Goddard not raised his arm to him then McGregor would have been nowhere near the downed fighter and if that security / Bellator ring guy had not shoved McGregor he wouldn't have got a slap.

Hence my comments that he was not blameless last night.

When he jumped in the Octagon in Belfast, all went tickety-boo as nobody challenged him. Same would have happened last night if Goddard had just been paying attention to what he should have been paying attention to: the downed fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

This thread is embarrassing. It seems that most of the posters are the same imbeciles who were at the Aldo presser in Dublin.

I actually am looking forward to watching the demise of this despicable egomaniac. PR can get you so far but the real person cannot be hidden forever.

Personally I judge a man on how he is as a husband and father, not how hard he can hit someone. Sadly too many people see things differently.

And as for those hoodie scrotes posing beside him in the video outside, jesus christ is this what he thinks are friends?

What thread are you reading? Seems to be 80% scorn. Get off your high horse and actually read the thread

Conor should get a year suspension minimum. Roy Nelson got 9 months when he got big John a slight kick in the ass. Is this Conors way of avoiding fighting Tony? :D

Conor should get a year suspension minimum. Roy Nelson got 9 months when he got big John a slight kick in the ass. Is this Conors way of avoiding fighting Tony? :D

He should get a ban but he won't. It's a business not a sport at that level and that would be a bad business decision.

Nonsense, I condemned him for lots and even in the post you quoted I said he is not blameless, sorry that's enough for you but we already knew McGregor lashes out.... slapped that camera out of the young lad's hand for example and yeah, he shouldn't have jumped in the cage, but anyone that thinks that wasn't planned is a fool.

As for the slap, he was sitting on the cage, not holding on (crucially) hand his hands in the air and that clown attempted to shove him off the cage. I don't care if he's the CEO of Bellator, he shouldn't have done that.

Is McGregor a dickead? Yeah, he sure can be. That's hardly breaking news. Especially so when someone touches him. Sure look at how he reacted when Faber was just messing with him that time. Nate's fist, same deal. Sure, he needs to cop on but my comments were in reaction to some of ott nonsense that was being spouted here right after the clip was posted.

Exactly, he should have just caroled him of the cage and prevented him from hopping down. You don't push someone off a cage when their hands are in the air especially. End of the day McGregor is a cock for jumping in the ring but had Goddard not raised his arm to him then McGregor would have been nowhere near the downed fighter and if that security / Bellator ring guy had not shoved McGregor he wouldn't have got a slap.

Hence my comments that he was not blameless last night.

When he jumped in the Octagon in Belfast, all went tickety-boo as nobody challenged him. Same would have happened last night if Goddard had just been paying attention to what he should have been paying attention to: the downed fighter.

Moral of the story for the refs is just letting Conor do what the fcuk he wants and they wont get attacked? :confused:

Conor is a star for sure but he needs to get rid of this god complex he has. He needs to get his issues under control and stop being a prick. A few weeks ago in Poland him walking out when two other guys were fighting, he was asked by an official to wait until the fight is over to go out and he replies something like "I own this place". He has turned from the fun loving guy who was appealing to people into an egotistical ass

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    He should get a ban but he won't. It's a business not a sport at that level and that would be a bad business decision.

THE UFC is a business yes..... but its the commission who decided whether he gets banned or not and technically they shouldn't be making decisions based on financial gain (they will though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lukker- wrote: »
    What thread are you reading? Seems to be 80% scorn. Get off your high horse and actually read the thread

My horse is only high cos he was out with McGregor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

....yes it does.

You cant say that about every case... We're all different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

THE UFC is a business yes..... but its the commission who decided whether he gets banned or not and technically they shouldn't be making decisions based on financial gain (they will though)

What commission can ban him? There's no commission in Ireland and if there was itd make no difference because he doesn't fight in Ireland. He acted the cnut but Jesus you'd swear he killed a pregnant woman or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Gamebred wrote: »
    I dont think a coach should have to parent a fighter but hes a mouth piece 99% of the time JK, his silence is deafening.

If it starts effecting his other fighters getting booked he'll have to reign him in. Sadly he won't. He's too afraid Conor will big time him and go off somewhere else.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    If it starts effecting his other fighters getting booked he'll have to reign him in. Sadly he won't. He's too afraid Conor will big time him and go off somewhere else.

If anything has fighters will get more bookings. Promotions getting in the McGregor spotlight. Belators tweets prove as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

What commission can ban him? There's no commission in Ireland and if there was itd make no difference because he doesn't fight in Ireland. He acted the cnut but Jesus you'd swear he killed a pregnant woman or something

I believe the commissions can punish him. This was an American based promotion and he is under contract to an American promotion. They are still under the guidelines of the Athletic Commission regardless of where the event is held. Otherwise you'd have guys only wanting to fight outside the US so they can escape testing and such.

Charlie ward is the hottest prospect in mma due to his cheer leader, what a scene mma is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    This could effect SBG badly since promoters might be weary of booking SBG fighters in case Conor pulls more antics like this.

Complete opposite I'd day. Bellator put all the footage up on all their platforms almost immediately. It was even on ESPN. All publicity for Bellator. From what was a minor non-descript card for them. I'd say they are delighted to be honest even though they won't say it obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

LastLagoon wrote:
    How far back did you go you sad twat hope you’re on Conor’s payroll going to that effort.im talking about in real life started having doubts about his scrote behavior in the run up RDA/Diaz 1 when I started realizing it wasn’t an act and you could see the yes men scrubs becoming more prominent around him

So someone disagrees with you and they are a "sad twat".

That's nice behaviour alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Complete opposite I'd day. Bellator put all the footage up on all their platforms almost immediately. It was even on ESPN. All publicity for Bellator. From what was a minor non-descript card for them. I'd say they are delighted to be honest even though they won't say it obviously.

Yupp Bellator usually get 50 to a few hundred likes on twitter for their posts. Post of Conor acting the eejit? 12k likes, they are only beaming I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

One could infer, from today's tweets, that he "frowns" on what McGregor did.

Either way, I think he would have words for him in private at least as in the docu at one point there's a part where McGregor is watching an early fight and he recounts how after he celebrated at a level which JK deemed disrespectful that night, he was apparently scolded for it.... but then Dee laughs and says something like 'And you've paid attention to that ever since'.

If Gunni gets the Till fight I'd imagine that Ariel would have JK on to discuss it and so we might see a response from him there.

Either way, I think he would have words for him in private at least as in the docu at one point there's a part where McGregor is watching an early fight and he recounts how after he celebrated at a level which JK deemed disrespectful that night, he was apparently scolded for it.... but then Dee laughs and says something like 'And you've paid attention to that ever since'.

His wealth didnt depend on Conor back then really though it was his first fight, theres zero chance of any of the yes men like JK or Roddy ever muttering a single word to Conor that might cost them future earnings they know where their bread is buttered.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

jcd5971 wrote: »
    So someone disagrees with you and they are a "sad twat".

That's nice behaviour alright.

I called him a twat for going back through my post history which is fairly sad behavior but what do you would expect from the type of clown probably posting “so fresh” and “king “ under every mcgregor post on Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

JohnMc1 wrote:

Do you honestly think any promotion would drop sbg fighters over this?

If they thought Conor would turn up even for a few mins they'd book them even quicker.

Look at bellator the first thing they do is castigate McGregor and denounce is behaviour is it?

Nope they promote the **** out of it as they know it'll bring more views, which is all any of the promoters care about.

These organisations are here to make money end of and the commissions will basically do what they are told as well.

These aren't good things by any means but they're true, a few people would need to wake up and realise the world is a hard place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yes, I was pointing out all the nonsense I've read in this thread. I probably worded it poorly but my point was that the guy saying "cocaine doesn't make you act crazy" is talking hoop

He's not. It all depends on a person's personality, how much they've taken, the quality of the stuff and how much they've drank. There's too many variables.

For many people, cocaine will just make them more alert and a bit sharper. Not everyone who takes it goes crazy, the same with alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

One could infer, from today's tweets, that he "frowns" on what McGregor did.

We shouldn't have to "infer" anything. SBG use Conor and John's success to constantly try attract new members to their "tribe". As recently as this week, the founder of SBG is using them in tweets to philosophize over SBG as a "tribe".

https://twitter.com/aliveness_ape/status/928349064478965760

What needs to be done now is actually rather simple and can be done in 20 seconds in a tweet if needs be.

All John has to say is "I don't condone any person entering a cage uninvited while a fighter needs medical attention for potential concussion. I don't condone any person putting their hands on a referee or an official. I will be dealing with the matter internally".

Simple stuff.

But then again, the F-word controversy showed that the Kavanaghs (as a family) can't do the simple stuff when it comes to saying a negative thing about Conor publicly. James Kavanagh aka "The Snapchat King", did multiple interviews after Floyd Mayweather used the F-word. He popped up in The Sun, The Mirror and elsewhere to slate Floyd, saying the word is highly offensive to him as a gay man.

When Conor said it, there was radio silence from James. Crickets. Not a peep. That was despite numerous requests for comment from journalists like Ewan McKenna.

They either stand for something or they stand for nothing. If it's the latter and SBG Ireland and JK are simply money hungry capitalists happy to make a quick fortune by keeping on the right side of Conor, regardless of his behaviour, that's fine but they can spare us the long-winded essays about fighter safety in the future when they can't even condemn their own fighter for risking another fighters safety.

Martial arts is supposed to be about respect - Conor showed none to Marc Goddard, none to John Redmond and none to every fighter on the card he overshadowed.

We shouldn't have to "infer" anything. SBG use Conor and John's success to constantly try attract new members to their "tribe". As recently as this week, the founder of SBG is using them in tweets to philosophize over SBG as a "tribe".

https://twitter.com/aliveness_ape/status/928349064478965760

What needs to be done now is actually rather simple and can be done in 20 seconds in a tweet if needs be.

All John has to say is "I don't condone any person entering a cage uninvited while a fighter needs medical attention for potential concussion. I don't condone any person putting their hands on a referee or an official. I will be dealing with the matter internally".

Simple stuff.

But then again, the F-word controversy showed that the Kavanaghs (as a family) can't do the simple stuff when it comes to saying a negative thing about Conor publicly. James Kavanagh aka "The Snapchat King", did multiple interviews after Floyd Mayweather used the F-word. He popped up in The Sun, The Mirror and elsewhere to slate Floyd, saying the word is highly offensive to him as a gay man.

When Conor said it, there was radio silence from James. Crickets. Not a peep. That was despite numerous requests for comment from journalists like Ewan McKenna.

They either stand for something or they stand for nothing. If it's the latter and SBG Ireland and JK are simply money hungry capitalists happy to make a quick fortune by keeping on the right side of Conor, regardless of his behaviour, that's fine but they can spare us the long-winded essays about fighter safety in the future when they can't even condemn their own fighter for risking another fighters safety.

Martial arts is supposed to be about respect - Conor showed none to Marc Goddard, none to John Redmond and none to every fighter on the card he overshadowed.

It's all very black and white for ya, but it doesn't work like that. In fairness to JK, it's not just long winded essays that he writes about fighter safety. Safe MMA is a tangible thing that has brought improvements across the board with regards to fighter safety and has one of the strictest protocols going which already put one of their biggest stars down the route of early retirement.

Conor is essentially JK's boss. Call it capitalist or whatever you like, it's the real world, money is aim 99% of time and will always overrule everything else

• Advertisement

Conor is Kavnaghs boss spot on. How do you expect him to publicly criticiz the man that pays your wages, bought your house, nice cars, gym, made him famous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement