Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Lukker- wrote: »
    Safe MMA is a tangible thing that has brought improvements across the board with regards to fighter safety and has one of the strictest protocols going which already put one of their biggest stars down the route of early retirement.

Fair point about the pre-fight scans, but arguably a more important protocol in SAFE MMA events are the post-fight protocols. The whole idea behind keeping people out of the cage is so that the ref, doctors and ambulance personnel have ease-of-access should they need to treat a fighter and transport them out of the venue.

It completely undermines the situation if on the one hand you're attempting to push them while on the other hand saying nothing when one of your fighters breaks numerous protocols.

Condemnation from Kavanagh and a sincere apology from Conor would be solid responses and probably count in Conor's favour if/when it reaches either court or the Mohegan commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

I'd say he is on some comedown today . It will be interesting to see how this pans out . If not seriously disciplined he is now bigger than the sport

I mean Evra kicked a fan and was banned for a year . Dublins Diarmuid Connolly pushed a linesman and got a 3 month ban . Plenty of examples in other sports .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

I'd say he is on some comedown today . It will be interesting to see how this pans out . If not seriously disciplined he is now bigger than the sport

I mean Evra kicked a fan and was banned for a year . Dublins Diarmuid Connolly pushed a linesman and got a 3 month ban . Plenty of examples in other sports .

No comedown, just stay up on a roll over and repeat.
    Any fine is pointless, any ban will be in his favor be it 4 months for paddys day or 6 for international fight week. Every state want him to fight, all media all over it. He has no one willing to say no to him, his own quest for money/fame has leaked into everyone around him as no one is willing to go backwards.

He let himself and his own self promotion get in the way of other fighters victory's last night and set a never ending debate on cage fighting on the joe duffy brigade.

He needs to admit he acted a dickhead and apologize to everyone involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I wonder what Dana thinks about it. On the one hand of course it's bad publicity for Conor which is bad publicity for the UFC and it's promotion for Bellator but on the other hand he can say to Conor now that he can't have equity or be a partner because we can't have a partner going around saying he owns the company, calling people f*ggots and assaulting people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

cliggg wrote: »
    I wonder what Dana thinks about it. On the one hand of course it's bad publicity for Conor which is bad publicity for the UFC and it's promotion for Bellator but on the other hand he can say to Conor now that he can't have equity or be a partner because we can't have a partner going around saying he owns the company, calling people f*ggots and assaulting people.

I mean he could but Dana is no saint. It's pretty gas that the president of a major company still gets into spats with random fans on twitter, tells them to get more followers and f*ck off and not buy PPV's. Dana and Conor are cut from the same cloth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I mean he could but Dana is no saint. It's pretty gas that the president of a major company still gets into spats with random fans on twitter, tells them to get more followers and f*ck off and not buy PPV's. Dana and Conor are cut from the same cloth
    Haha! I know! With any other company that is a PR disaster but with Dana it's just normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Dana has zero say, he's just a public face .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Tazzimus wrote:

Connor was never my friend.

You dummies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Potentially this could get a lot more serious.

If that official presses charges for battery, it could impact Conor from fighting in the US.

http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/prior-criminal-offenses/crimes-that-will-make-you-inadmissible-to-the-u-s/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

The president of the country does mad **** on twitter all the time, Trump tower, McMansion.

i am and will remain a Conor fan for fighting and i hope he turns its around out of the cage, but money imo is corrupting him. There is nothing to stop him doing anything he wants and every avenue will be him making cash, bragging about cash, gaining new fans, and rinse and repeat.

Im about to become a father in 3 weeks and im looking at his antics thinking the man has evrything he has ever wanted and a family that will never want for anything ever again, and he is acting like a prick off his nut again. Thats a memory that wont go away for many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Naos wrote: »

If that official presses charges for battery, it could impact Conor from fighting in the US.

http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/prior-criminal-offenses/crimes-that-will-make-you-inadmissible-to-the-u-s/

Croke Park confirmed

Tazzimus wrote: »

He's not running that business, never was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Danye

How long will it be before Gallagher does the exact same thing Conor did seem as he literally copies every single thing Conor does?

The next event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just saw full video...

Goddard did nothing. I thought he pushed Conor whilst Conor was atop the cage..

Conor behaved very scripted and deliberately. All an act..but indefensible all the same..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Naos wrote: »

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

My biggest concern is how it took Conor as many as 4 steps to bridge a 4ft gap to Goddard!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

califano wrote: »
    My biggest concern is how it took Conor as many as 4 steps to bridge a 4ft gap to Goddard!.

Someone joked earlier that it would only be a matter of time before it was suggested that the ref would beat conor in the octagon...but in fairness Goddard is a serious grappler and must be around 230lbs....I don't blame mcgregor for not being fully committed in his efforts to really get to him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The whole thing was bizarre. My first reaction on watching it was shock as the match clearly hadnt ended yet and this guy just sprints into the ring and takes out a guy from behind.

It wasnt obvious who was who, it was just lunatic. McGregor is lucky Ward didnt slap him an elbow or something as he just jumped into him and how was he to know what was going on?

Conor need some tough love from someone as he is imploding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

https://twitter.com/JackSlackMMA/status/929086300170440707

McGregor is in the midst of a downward spiral at the minute. It's looking like a classic case of too much too soon. I can't imagine what its like to have absolutely nothing to having over 100m in the bank in the space of five years. The disconnect he feels from his peers and friends must be immeasurable. Nobody's on his level and he has no one that can relate to the status he now has.

He's acting like a grade A prick and needs to reign it in. If he's not careful he'll go down in the history books of destitute fighters. A guy with a fondness for substances and a seemingly (but of course not) bottomless pit of money is a bad mix. I hope someone in his camp has the wherewithal to sit him down and have a chat with him. It's grand to be there when you're riding three Rolls Royces' deep in NY on the way to MSG. But he needs his team now let him know to not throw it all away after all the hard work he's put in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The whole thing was bizarre. My first reaction on watching it was shock as the match clearly hadnt ended yet and this guy just sprints into the ring and takes out a guy from behind.

It wasnt obvious who was who, it was just lunatic. McGregor is lucky Ward didnt slap him an elbow or something as he just jumped into him and how was he to know what was going on?

Conor need some tough love from someone as he is imploding.

Imploding is the correct word. It's so visible to most of us and there seems to be nobody who has the clout to pull him to one side. I've been critical of John Kavanagh but in fairness I can understand that he is in a tricky situation here. Mcgregor has essentially set JK and his future kids up for life.

Such a shame to see an Irish man rise to the top of a sport like this and just looks to be pissing it all away with acting the clown.

walshb wrote: »
    Just saw full video...

Goddard did nothing. I thought he pushed Conor whilst Conor was atop the cage..

Conor behaved very scripted and deliberately. All an act..but indefensible all the same..

Are you seriously trying to argue that this was a planned McGregor pr gig? Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The dig at the ref was also lame... He ran at him with full intent but then slowed down and lightly touch him and then backed off like a wuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Conor acted like a 14 yearold looling for attebtion and trying to be the mad lad of the group
    Id imagine his missus is "scarlet " with his antics ,
    Hes 29 years of age and a father but goes on like a teenager , The video of him after "wired to the moon " with all his little croonies is gas luke a bunch of 14 yearold after a skool fight , Cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

glasso wrote: »
    Are you seriously trying to argue that this was a planned McGregor pr gig? Seriously.

Either kind of planned or out of his face on something...

Conor acted like a 14 yearold looling for attebtion and trying to be the mad lad of the group
    Hes 29 years of age and a father but goes on like a teenager , The video of him after "wired to the moon " with all his little croonies is gas luke a bunch of 14 yearold after a skool fight , Cringe

He posse of tools were like love hate extras

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Dana won't give a shiote about what happened. He is just like McNugget, consumed by money and greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

was turning off him during Mayweather promo stuff, now he's confirmed himself as a tosser, I think Tony Ferguson will have the measure of him if Conor is not stripped of the belt before then after getting a lengthy ban. UFC need to make sense of that division like they are trying to do at middleweight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

glasso wrote: »

He posse of tools were like love hate extras

The lot of them are a shower of absolute gob****es. Not a hint of anything resembling discernible talent amongst them yet they all get on like they're "somebody".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement