Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Chael weighing in, saying Conor could be in deep sh1t.

Yeah, Luke Thomas was saying similar, posted the vid here last night.

That Michael Mazzulli that Chael is talking about (presisent of ABC, director of the Mohegan Commission) released a statement on it earlier today:

While the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation (MTDAR) was regulating Bellator 187 in Dublin, Ireland, on November 10, 2017, the following events took place during the Ward vs Redmond bout.

Mr. Conor McGregor who was a spectator at the time, disrupted the event by scaling the cage prior to the conclusion of the bout. Mr. McGregor’s conduct jeopardized the health and safety of the bout participants by delaying necessary medical attention to the fighters that were injured during the round.

In addition, Mr. McGregor assaulted Referee Mark [sic] Goddard and a Bellator staff.

The MTDAR has been in consultation with the upper management of the UFC regarding Mr. McGregor’s inappropriate and unacceptable behavior.

The MTDAR has also contacted members of the Association of Boxing Commissioners that have licensed Mr. McGregor in their jurisdictions to inform them of Mr. McGregor’s behavior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Difficult to prove without video. Which do exist but a few nice pay days have kept them hidden. Also nobody would probably believe someone if they posted online on a forum like this and said they personally knew the very high standing citizen
    who gets it from while in Dublin.

Just to weigh in on this. Any WhatsApp group in Dublin has seen videos and pictures of conor off his head in dingy little gaffs around town.

I've seen screenshots of him buying 8ths off one of the lads that works in Sin.Texts and pictures.

He shouldn't be lowering himself to this. He has 100 million in the bank. How he wants to spend it is his business, but surely get someone else to go meet drug dealers for you. Don't, as probably the most famous person in Ireland, go yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

D.Q wrote: »

I've seen screenshots of him buying 8ths off one of the lads that works in Sin.Texts and pictures.

He shouldn't be lowering himself to this. He has 100 million in the bank. How he wants to spend it is his business, but surely get someone else to go meet drug dealers for you. Don't, as probably the most famous person in Ireland, go yourself.

The lad seems like one of those lads who, once they are on a session, all bets are off.... I doubt he thinks twice about anything he does while he's off his head, whether he's being filmed up a treehouse or hopping into a cage and causing mayhem. Its all just pure impulse.

I don't think he's a bad person or the likes, I don't have any moral judgements to make on him, but he's made some stupid decisions and is going to make many more. Lads with that sort of personality don't do well without having some sort of limits placed on them or without strong structure in their lives.

His financial situation means that he doesn't have to worry about the sort of stuff that limits the average mad bastard (or gives their life structure if you want to look at it that way), like lack of money or having to work day to day etc.... unless someone close to him is willing to step up and help him out here, we'll be looking at another clichéd case of 'he had it all and blew it'.

Of course the people around him riding the wave will feel they are entitled to make a living too, and will have a million rationalisations for why its better not to interfere in how he lives his life, but at the end of the day its bull****, if you care about someone you should be willing to tell them harsh truths despite the personal consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If there's no jurisdiction the UFC should hand out six month at minimum. Just to even show face. For an equivalent the NFL are going hard after the best running back in the league who plays for the biggest team in the league because they showed weakness with Ray Rice etc. The UFC either throw out a ban or let him run wild and in the future they won't be able to handle it.

US sports are different ball game when it comes to PR and the UFC are currently looking for a new home on TV. I'm interested to see what they do because ESPN etc don't want a franchise fronted by someone who uses boy, ****** and hits officials/employees as the face of their newly acquired live sports franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

A 12 month ban? 12 months of hard partying? this could be the end for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

calabi yau wrote: »
    A 12 month ban? 12 months of hard partying? this could be the end for him.

That's his call, the UFC aren't in the business of protecting fighters from themselves. One way or another, a sit-down/reality check is needed. Regardless of anything else, what happened the other night is NOT how to go about acquiring a stake in the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Another one who had it all and blew it away, like George Best.

How many times have we seen it? Fame and fortune isnt good for some people.

This doesn't excuse his behaviour, but surely its better to try help before it escalates to something more serious for himself personally.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Of course people love watching stars loose it before their eyes.

Rather than offer help they would rather take joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lukker- wrote: »

Was it not an ABC sanctioned event and the official he slapped a ABC commissioner?
    No to both questions. It was sanctioned by Bamma/Belator.
    The ABC don't sanction events, least if all events outside of North America (this was in Dublin). The official he slapped was a Belator/Bamma employee not a "commissioner".
    I know they aren’t the commission, but they essentially set the rules. If they request punishment I think in most cases any Athletic commission listen.
    It's simply a matter of jurisdiction. The ABC have no jurisdiction over Dublin, no more than they have jurisdiction over Japan or Russia.
    If it happened it Vegas. The NSAC could "maybe" sanction him (maybe not as he wasnt there as a fighter). Then all ABC commissions would uphold the sanction. But i think the only body that could sanction him is the UFC. Maybe an American AC could decline his license. Not sure how that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm not going to weigh in on the rights and wrongs of the situation Conor now finds himself in but I have to ask why people keep bringing JK into it and expect him to come out publicly and say something? A few points on that, JK is his coach, not his manager, JK is the boss on the mats but it ends there, everywhere else Conor is in charge.
    Given we can see how fickle Conor is and the fact that John now has a very comfortable lifestyle due to successes of Conor he would be mad to come out publicly and say something. Yes we've heard the story of JK going to Conor's house in Lucan after the €500 went missing, but only because his mother rang and asked him to, he wasn't chasing him.
    Somebody else earlier was also asking why James Kavanagh stayed quiet surrounding the ****** incident? I mean come on, now bringing JK's family into it?
    JK is, rightly so imo, going to keep his mouth shut on the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

how much has jk made from this?
    bar his book , i would doubt its life change amounts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I'm not going to weigh in on the rights and wrongs of the situation Conor now finds himself in but I have to ask why people keep bringing JK into it and expect him to come out publicly and say something? A few points on that, JK is his coach, not his manager, JK is the boss on the mats but it ends there, everywhere else Conor is in charge.
    Given we can see how fickle Conor is and the fact that John now has a very comfortable lifestyle due to successes of Conor he would be mad to come out publicly and say something. Yes we've heard the story of JK going to Conor's house in Lucan after the €500 went missing, but only because his mother rang and asked him to, he wasn't chasing him.
    Somebody else earlier was also asking why James Kavanagh stayed quiet surrounding the ****** incident? I mean come on, now bringing JK's family into it?
    JK is, rightly so imo, going to keep his mouth shut on the whole thing.

In fairness, it's because his brother had about 10 articles in the paper when Floyd called Conor a fag, Conor then calls someone a fag and he goes silent.

If that was an SBG fighter in the cage waiting for medical treatments, You can be sure jk would have 20 tweets demanding Conor be punished heavily.

sc86 wrote: »
    how much has jk made from this?
    bar his book , i would doubt its life change amounts?

From struggling to make ends meet in the gym to having one that's nearly closed to membership is fairly life changing. His bills to Conor must be fairly substantial too

My opinion would be that JK absolutely shouldn't come out and bash him publicly.

But he has said before that Conor is like a little brother. If my little brother was carrying on the way McGregor has been of late I would try and talk some sense into him, even if it would be potentially bad for my own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

More unsurprising behaviour from an uneducated thug. McGregor is an embarrassment to Ireland. A violent homophobic racist moron.

Hopefully he is banned from UFC, declined any further boxing licences in Nevada and he can drift off in to obscurity where he can snort coke to his hearts content.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,010 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hard to know if it was on purpose or something he wanted to do on the spur of the moment.

Part of me thinks that he did it to keep his name in the headlines for the purposes of the movie (no publicity is bad publicity) and to "keep him relevant" in UFC while not fighting

From struggling to make ends meet in the gym to having one that's nearly closed to membership is fairly life changing. His bills to Conor must be fairly substantial too

I doubt he has a mortgage or anything like that, he travels the world, has a best selling book. That's as life changing as you can get he used to give lessons in a shed

More unsurprising behaviour from an uneducated thug. McGregor is an embarrassment to Ireland. A violent homophobic racist moron.

Hopefully he is banned from UFC, declined any further boxing licences in Nevada and he can drift off in to obscurity where he can snort coke to his hearts content.

Good riddance.

These sort of over the top high horse reactions are every bit as ridiculous as the people bending over backwards to defend mcgregors actions blindly.

I'm not going to weigh in on the rights and wrongs of the situation Conor now finds himself in but I have to ask why people keep bringing JK into it and expect him to come out publicly and say something?
    Conor is the face of Irish MMA and the poster boy for SBG.

When an SBG member at an Irish event, leaps the cage and starts slapping officials, you don't think the president of the IMMAA and the founder of SBG Ireland should have something to say on the matter?

At a minimum there should be a strong condemnation of Conor's behaviour.

Good riddance.

love anti mcgregor camp jumping all over this :confused:
    what the hell does education have to do with this?
    people of all sorts take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I can see why some people weren't happy when he got the RTE sports personality award,I doubt you would see the previous winners carrying on like we saw saturday.
    It was a d!ck move from him and he deserves all the negative press he's creating for himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I can see why some people weren't happy when he got the RTE sports personality award,I doubt you would see the previous winners carrying on like we saw saturday.
    It was a d!ck move from him and he deserves all the negative press he's creating for himself.

Yeah I thought people were being stuck up at the time,remember it going down like a lead balloon in the room when it was announced,obv people knew a bit more about his antics than I did at the time

they were been stuck up
    its since then things have gone tits up

McGregor is finally being exposed for his true colours. He's a lout. For all his riches what sort of charity work has he done - visited a sick kid once a few years ago seems to be the height of it. Compare that to someone like McIlroy and the foundation he set up.
    McGregors only "charity" seems to be providing the coke and booze for his scum hangers on.
    Seems to have got to the stage where he wouldn't listen to a word of sense from anyone - he sees himself as above them all and is completely surrounded by gob****e sycophants completely.
    The gravy train has made hypocrites out of his coaching staff.
    Appears to treat people working in the service trade (in clubs and restaurants) with contempt from stories here and elsewhere - that's a sure sign of a dick.

Someone should do a P4P ranking of his most useless hangers on.

glasso wrote: »
    McGregor is finally being exposed for his true colours. He's a lout. For all his riches what sort of charity work has he done - visited a sick kid once a few years ago seems to be the height of it. Compare that to someone like McIlroy and the foundation he set up.
    McGregors only "charity" seems to be providing the coke and booze for his scum hangers on.
    Seems to have got to the stage where he wouldn't listen to a word of sense from anyone - he sees himself as above them all and is completely surrounded by gob****e sycophants completely.
    The gravy train has made hypocrites out of his coaching staff.
    Appears to treat people working in the service trade (in clubs and restaurants) with contempt from stories here and elsewhere - that's a sure sign of a dick.

A simple Google search would tell you about all the charities he has worked with but I know that doesn't fit your agenda .50grand in cash to the homeless charity in Dublin last Xmas being one

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Someone should do a P4P ranking of his most useless hangers on.

Is he not allowed to have friends, and look after the people he grew up with, or does he have to ditch all the "hangers on" soon as he comes in to a bit of money? Criticism for being loyal. Good one

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Is he not allowed to have friends, and look after the people he grew up with, or does he have to ditch all the "hangers on" soon as he comes in to a bit of money? Criticism for being loyal. Good one

None of them are being loyal. If they were loyal they'd pull him aside and read him the riot act.

They don't do that. They let him do what he wants despite the fact he's going downhill and then have a great big laugh about it.

A simple Google search would tell you about all the charities he has worked with but I know that doesn't fit your agenda .50grand in cash to the homeless charity in Dublin last Xmas being one

So what he's blowing that every week on partying. Has he put actual serious time into anything?

glasso wrote: »
    So what he's blowing that every week on partying. Has he put actual serious time into anything?

Criticism for not doing enough for charity? Jaysis lads now I've lost a **** ton of respect for him but that is just reaching and bashing for the sake of it. We have no idea what charities he does or doesn't give money to btw.

• Advertisement

Yeah who gives a fk what he does for charity,don’t think sportsmen are under any obligation to do anymore for charity then the average person tbh.
    That said even if he was going into hospitals getting his pic taken with sick kids it wouldn’t negate any of the crap he is pulling now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement