Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    So you have never,gone mad,indulged,gone off the rails in ur late,20,s,.?

I'm in my late 20s and lived a very hedonistic lifestyle for a few years. Never once did I ever attack a stranger or bully people. Most people never do. Your point is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm in my late 20s and lived a very hedonistic lifestyle for a few years. Never once did I ever attack a stranger or bully people. Most people never do. Your point is laughable.

I am not condoning what he did,I am saying,He's young,rich,and when I was he's age,I did,much worse.If you think that was an attack or bully to a stranger,than so be it.I probably would have reacted the same when I was 29.just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The Nal wrote: »
    Where are these pics of McGregor buying coke in Sin?

Yeah, he totally buys his coke in Sin nightclub. And he totally buys it himself, not one of his entourage.

I am not condoning what he did,I am saying,He's young,rich,and when I was he's age,I did,much worse.If you think that was an attack or bully to a stranger,than so be it.I probably would have reacted the same when I was 29.just saying.

So you did worse than bully people and attack strangers? Fair enough, that speaks to what kind of guy you are I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Just because you acted like a moron too doesn't make his current behaviour ok in any way shape or form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

So you did worse than bully people and attack strangers? Fair enough, that speaks to what kind of guy you are I guess.

Abit harsh ? he is not condoning it just saying he see's a veiwpoint to what he did at a younger age. You have done anything ****ty to some in your life?

Abit harsh ? he is not condoning it just saying he see's a veiwpoint to what he did at a younger age. You have done anything ****ty to some in your life?

Everybody has done ****ty things, thing is you don't always get a pass for it. Conor is proving himself to be a moron and it's quite annoying, I'd come to really like what he's about (the constant money talk does irk me mind)

Of course I have. And whenever I did i held my hands up and acknowledged that I was completely out of order and never expected anyone to make any excuses for me. Whereas people are hell bent on making excuses for mcgregor.

Thank you.I'm a great old man now.BUT I made mistakes.

Just because you acted like a moron too doesn't make his current behaviour ok in any way shape or form.

Yes in the past I have acted like a Moran,as you put it,but, as I have said earlier,We all grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

So you have never,gone mad,indulged,gone off the rails in ur late,20,s,.?

Honestly? No.
    I have/had hobbies that took all my money so never could afford to anyway.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Honestly? No.
    I have/had hobbies that took all my money so never could afford to anyway.
    Honestly,fair play to you.

Yes in the past I have acted like a Moran,as you put it,but, as I have said earlier,We all grow up.

The man is 29, a father and a household name, he wanted all that and with that comes responsibility.
    He has gone radio silent as this weekend, no apology and no remorse shown yet. Anybody who has ever used coke or been around people that use coke could tell a mile off he was up to his eyes in it on Friday. Now, this city has been awash with it for years, go back to the days when our 'celebs' were constantly on the sniff in Renards but they did it when not in the public eye, no cameras around to record the behaviour. He was all over Michael Conlan but that seems to have stopped since Conor gave a coke fuelled half interview at a fight.

Being a youngfella doesn't excuse any of this

Everybody has done ****ty things, thing is you don't always get a pass for it. Conor is proving himself to be a moron and it's quite annoying, I'd come to really like what he's about (the constant money talk does irk me mind)

Everyone has achievements and failures in life. Not many have to live it with a camera crew in your face with MILLIONS in the bank while thats sounds great to some i couldnt think of a worse way to live, i agree the talk of money gets annoying and is showing who he is, in his current envoirment.

The money and fame will get to everyone imo, can turn a fan sour

The man is 29, a father and a household name, he wanted all that and with that comes responsibility.
    He has gone radio silent as this weekend, no apology and no remorse shown yet. Anybody who has ever used coke or been around people that use coke could tell a mile off he was up to his eyes in it on Friday. Now, this city has been awash with it for years, go back to the days when our 'celebs' were constantly on the sniff in Renards but they did it when not in the public eye, no cameras around to record the behaviour. He was all over Michael Conlan but that seems to have stopped since Conor gave a coke fuelled half interview at a fight.

Being a youngfella doesn't excuse any of this
    I agree,but he is still a youngfella,in my eyes,alot of growing up still to come.So what if he explodes,from time to time.WE ALL DID THE SAME,stones at glass houses,etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

The McGregor fanoys are quite something. It's like a cult and it's disturbing how grown adults behave towards someone they don't know and probably have never meet.

WE ALL DID THE SAME

No. No we did not.

Augme wrote: »
    The McGregor fanoys are quite something. It's like a cult and it's disturbing how grown adults behave towards someone they don't know and probably have never meet.

It's like a cult the hatred towards a national champion.

No. No we did not.

Good lad.I'd a loved a life of no mistakes,like urself.

It's like a cult the hatred towards a national champion.

At least the hatred is based on something. Because his behaviour has been disgusting. I don't get the obsessive love for him. Because he's can punch people? Frightening what grown adults will fall in love with I guess.

• Advertisement

I agree,but he is still a youngfella,in my eyes,alot of growing up still to come.So what if he explodes,from time to time.WE ALL DID THE SAME,stones at glass houses,etc

He might be a youngfella in your eyes but he's not really a youngfella. While we may or may not have done ridiculous things ourselves doesn't excuse the behaviour. He behaved like an out and out thug on Friday. Inexcusable

At least the hatred is based on something. Because his behaviour has been disgusting. I don't get the obsessive love for him. Because he's can punch people? Frightening what grown adults will fall in love with I guess.

Its not just punching people, you are in the wrong forum
    He might be a youngfella in your eyes but he's not really a youngfella. While we may or may not have done ridiculous things ourselves doesn't excuse the behaviour. He behaved like an out and out thug on Friday. Inexcusable

+1 should be done for it. No repercussions tho

I'd say ur a bit jealous of his achievements,and wealth,coming from the above post.Anyway,I'm not condoning what he did,I'm just saying,we all make mistakes.If you have not,I take my hat of to you.

+1 should be done for it. No repercussions tho
    I agree.What he did Friday was stupid,BUT we all make mistakes.

How many fights has he won by submission or even from kicks? I don't think it's that many.

I'd say ur a bit jealous of his achievements,and wealth,coming from the above post.Anyway,I'm not condoning what he did,I'm just saying,we all make mistakes.If you have not,I take my hat of to you.

There are plenty of people who have achieved a lot and are extremely wealthy. I'm not jealous of them. As for mistakes, I've never behaved like McGregor has and most people haven't either. I mean, it's not exactly difficult not to behave like that. You make it sound as if it's some amazing achievement to do that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I'd be surprised if Mayweather and McGregor had vast sums of dough in 10 years time, for different reasons but can see the pair ending down some sort of **** creek.

How many fights has he won by submission or even from kicks? I don't think it's that many.

There are plenty of people who have achieved a lot and are extremely wealthy. I'm not jealous of them. As for mistakes, I've never behaved like McGregor has and most people haven't either. I mean, it's not exactly difficult not to behave like that. You make it sound as if it's some amazing achievement to do that.
    I disagree,he has achieved what we dream.

Gamebred wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Mayweather and McGregor had vast sums of dough in 10 years time, for different reasons but can see the pair ending down some sort of **** creek.

I think I read somewhere that Mayweather needs $30million per annum to maintain his current lifestyle. Not really sure how da fook that is even possible

He's a world champion,he behaves like a prat at times.SO what.Get over it,and be grateful we have the best of the best,coming from our Shore's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Gamebred wrote: »

And how people would love that.

Taking joy in someone elses misery and downfall.

Its pathetic.

Its worst than conor jumping in a ring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement