Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

John Kavanagh was on TV3, asked about incident as expected passed it off as overcome with emotion...spoofin' :D

So the president of the Irish Association of Mixed Martial Arts passed off the incident as emotions boiling over. No condemnation of someone interrupting the medical procedures for a fighter who'd been KO'd, by a fighter who was involved in the most high profile case ever of a death in an MMA cage. Shows where his priorities are. As someone said earlier in the thread, best of luck to him ever debating in the future with anyone in government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

James Gallagher is making himself look like an absolute tool lately. A straight to DVD Conor McGregor, zero charisma or personality....that tweet just about sums it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Well thats fake news propaganda from the UFC anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

threeball wrote: »
    Whole camp is filled with pricks. Saw an interview with ward where he said Redmond was lucky he didn't make it out for the second round or he mightn't be around today to talk about it.

Such class from a lad who already has had one person die after blows he dealt.

His surname and accent say a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mike Mazulli is a straight up gangster! Great interview he just had with Ariel. He said UFC contacted him within 2 hours of the incident to tell him Conor will be pulled from Dec 30th, as stated above, and that he will be taking legal action against Conor. Praised Marc Goddard . Basically said he doesn't care why he jumped in but he put an athlete in danger who needed medical attention and overshadowed Ward and the following 3 fights, Yong athletes who deserved the attention that was taken away from him.

He said if he had full power he would suspend Conor indefinitely. Luke Thomas was right, of there's one guy not to piss off, it's Mazulli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Mike Mazulli is a straight up gangster! Great interview he just had with Ariel. He said UFC contacted him within 2 hours of the incident to tell him Conor will be pulled from Dec 30th, as stated above, and that he will be taking legal action against Conor. Praised Marc Goddard . Basically said he doesn't care why he jumped in but he put an athlete in danger who needed medical attention and overshadowed Ward and the following 3 fights, Yong athletes who deserved the attention that was taken away from him.

He said if he had full power he would suspend Conor indefinitely. Luke Thomas was right, of there's one guy not to piss off, it's Mazulli.

How much authority does mazulli have in this case?

Is he Relying on ufc to punish conor?

While I agree with Muzilli I don't see why he can stop Conor fighting. Does the Association of Boxing Commissions extend to MMA, and if so do they have any authority over something that happened in Dublin?

Yeah he doesn't have power to punish Conor but he's happy UFC pulled him off Dec 30th card (whether that's true or not). He is speaking with his legal team to see exactly what he can do against Conor and goes Marc will do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

interesting insight from Chael

• Advertisement

Just saw John Kavanaghs response on tv3 there. Pathetic, immature response. Basically said Conor and Charlie are great mates so conor got a bit too emotional.

I suspect this isn't the last time Conors fondness for Charlie will get him into trouble..!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

If true hopefully he will be stripped of title also(should have been stripped of it anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dulux99 wrote: »

I suspect this isn't the last time Conors fondness for Charlie will get him into trouble..!

oh i see what you did there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

LastLagoon wrote: »
    If true hopefully he will be stripped of title also(should have been stripped of it anyway).

Defend or vacate :)

dashoonage wrote: »

I totally missed that :pac:

dashoonage wrote: »

I'm here all week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kavanagh really misses the point by describing Conor as "overemotional" and equating it to soccer players celebrating.

Being overemotional doesn't excuse him jumping in the cage in the first place FFS, much less what happened in the aftermath.

Paully D wrote: »
    Kavanagh really misses the point by describing Conor as "overemotional" and equating it to soccer players celebrating.

Being overemotional doesn't excuse him jumping in the cage in the first place FFS, much less what happened in the aftermath.

We've all seen the likes of Roy keane go bananas and scream in ref's faces and even push them, Ronaldo did it recently. Suarez has bit opponents on 3 separate occasions. They all got slaps on the wrists.

And considering that soccer is like Tiddlywinks compared to MMA you can see Conor getting off with a couple of months suspension

Asus X540L wrote: »
    We've all seen the likes of Roy keane go bananas and scream in ref's faces and even push them, Ronaldo did it recently. Suarez has bit opponents on 3 separate occasions. They all got slaps on the wrists.

And considering that soccer is like Tiddlywinks compared to MMA you can see Conor getting off with a couple of months suspension

What a load of nonsense. Firstly, Suarez was banned for 4 months. Secondly, Suarez was actually playing in those games. I feel if Suarez was in the crowd cheering on Uruguay and he didn't like a decision and we went and slapped the 4th official he'd get a much sterner ban. Your comparisons are pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement

Yeah forgot about that time Keano came to old trafford when he wasn’t playing while off his tits on class A drugs then hopped on the pitch pushed a ref and slapped the linesman and hung around outside afterwards with scumbag mates

What a load of nonsense. Firstly, Suarez was banned for 4 months. Secondly, Suarez was actually playing in those games. I feel if Suarez was in the crowd cheering on Uruguay and he didn't like a decision and we went and slapped the 4th official he'd get a much sterner ban. Your comparisons are pointless.

Yup A more accurate comparison would be a football game that wasn't even in play yet, player motions to kick a member of public player red carded can't part-take in game. Then in direct aftermath SACKED by club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Always liked JK as he comes across as a sensible and nice fella but he's left himself and his gym down there I feel with a half arsed apology.

Actually it’s closer to what cantona or Vera did-and they were well punished

Yup A more accurate comparison would be a football game that wasn't even in play yet, player motions to kick a member of public player red carded can't part-take in game. Then in direct aftermath SACKED by club!

No, that doesn't work either. The fact is you can't compare a soccer game to this incident. They couldn't be more different

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Yeah forgot about that time Keano came to old trafford when he wasn’t playing while off his tits on class A drugs then hopped on the pitch pushed a ref and slapped the linesman and hung around outside afterwards with scumbag mates

Hang on Keano? Fairly high profile that he purposely intended to end the career of a fellow profesional.

Again after admittance that that was the case he was PUNISHED!

threeball wrote: »
    Whole camp is filled with pricks. Saw an interview with ward where he said Redmond was lucky he didn't make it out for the second round or he mightn't be around today to talk about it.

Such class from a lad who already has had one person die after blows he dealt.

when that guy Ward speaks he sounds like a six pack short of the whole six pack. think that the time the guy slammed his head into the canvas he was permanently damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

His surname and accent say a lot.

lol
    what do they say?

Tigger wrote: »
    lol
    what do they say?

I thought I was chatting up a nurse one night.
    Anyway woke up beside this wan in a caravan. I goes "I thought you said you were a nurse" she goes "nah boss I said I was one of the Ward sisters"

• Advertisement

4 months during the summer holidays for BITING opponents is not a slap on the wrist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement