Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Brutal apology but at least it's something. He actually looks healthy in the pic... 219

• Registered Users Posts: 3 benjibruiser

glasso wrote: »
    Can't figure out if this is a serious cash grab or a joke. Probably the former.

He would definitely love to fight. I think McGregor needs to have a few UFC win inbetween his inevitable boxing losses. If he goes on a flat out losing streak in boxing it'll lose its appeal, but if he mixes some UFC wins between the losses they will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Should be apologising to Goddard too, that he can't bring himself to do it says it all.

So disingenuous to invoke the death of a fighter too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Some achievement recalling carvalhos death and linking it to the short comings of ref in the few seconds he jumped the cage and ran amok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

14murphy wrote: »
    https://instagram.com/p/BbfA5HMgGMc/

He fights on 219 you heard it here first.
    Ah so that's why he was out of it at the weekend,he must have been celebrating he was on the 219 card 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That was no apology... another attack on the referee...

walshb wrote: »
    That was no apology... another attack on the referee...

mixed in with the death of a man he had no personal connection to so as to add pathos and sincerity - I'm sure Joao Carvalho's family are delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Conor takes the opportunity to apologise......to absolutely no one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,831 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

That has to be the most narcissistic apology I have ever read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Practically accused Goddard of negligence that his actions could have led to the death of a fighter, pathetic stuff Conor :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He's turned heel now I love it, hope he embraces his dark side like Jones did at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ha great apology. The photo is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

14murphy wrote: »
    https://instagram.com/p/BbfA5HMgGMc/

He fights on 219 you heard it here first.
    In fairness, Marcos has been saying that for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gintonious wrote: »
    That has to be the most narcissistic apology I have ever read.

Did ya read Kevin Spacey or Louis CK's apology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The only thing worse than no apology is half an apology.

Shouldn't have bothered his hole.

The "apology" doesn't make sense and doesn't come across as sincere at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

everlast75 wrote: »
    The only thing worse than no apology is half an apology.

Shouldn't have bothered his hole.

The "apology" doesn't make sense and doesn't come across as sincere at all

At least he didn't come out as gay and try to use his love for Charlie as an excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I, for one, accept your apology Conor and now love you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

At what point during the jumping and hugging of Charlie Ward was Conor worried about the safety of Redmond?

Not only is the apology forced, fake and bollocks it makes zero sense whatsoever.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That "apology" only makes sense if McGregor jumped into the ring to stop the downed opponent being hit.

Considering he pushed the ref when he was checking on the opponent and then caused a scene stopping the opponent from being checked out it's all just bull****e

The only people he will redeem himself to here are halfwits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The stupid smile is by far the most insincere. It's as if he thinks people haven't seen the deleted tweets, or the extremely aggressive rant outside the arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Does the USADA test outside of competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Goddard has released a statement, classy as always. He says Conor threatened him "see you in Birmingham [my hometown] ."

https://m.facebook.com/marc.goddard.58/posts/564252400581175

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Does the USADA test outside of competition?

Yup but recreational drugs are not tested for.
    Jon Jones cocaine results were released by mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Goddard has released a statement, classy as always. He says Conor threatened him "see you in Birmingham [my hometown] ."

Pure class.

Something JK could do with reading as well.

Have to say this whole thing has properly soured my view of Conor. I'll still watch the fights, but I can't defend him any more.

Tony K moved the family to keep him out of trouble before, maybe moving out of Dublin would be a good move for Conor and his family. Drop the saps before they drag you down and you can't get back above water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Let's just be very real about this - Marc Goddard was a highly competent LHW, who endured brutal weight cuts to make 205lbs. He's probably 240lb, a BJJ black belt, active grappler and has a beautiful jab and straight right hand from the few fights I've seen him in.

He would *kill* Conor in a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Let's just be very real about this - Marc Goddard was a highly competent LHW, who endured brutal weight cuts to make 205lbs. He's probably 240lb, a BJJ black belt, active grappler and has a beautiful jab and straight right hand from the few fights I've seen him in.

He would *kill* Conor in a fight.

Don't be coming in here with your common sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good, honest statement from Goddard.

As the person says above, though, this has totally soured my view of McGregor. I've always somewhat defended his various antics and controversies on the basis of him being a showman whose rise to fame is as much bout selling himself as actual skill. But this particular episode has shown him up to be an out and out low life, not just as a major public figure and persona but in his actual person life and general personality as well.

JK could have done a lot better as well. He doesn't need to apologise for Conor or even necessarily outright condemn it, but he certainly could have taken a far better approach to it. A genuine, heartfelt apology from Conor would have gone an enormous length. Instead.......this miserable excuse for an apology, which in fact is less of an apology and more of a justification for his reckless action and smear against Goddard.

This whole affair almost has me leaning towards hoping he gets his teeth knocked out in his next fight - bit of humble pie might go a long way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,831 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Lukker- wrote: »
    Did ya read Kevin Spacey or Louis CK's apology?

Touche.

• Advertisement

he would have been better off saying nothing than the drivel he posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement