Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Floyd was either seriously jet lagged or is going senile! Conor was on top form!

He did look spoiled just after he spoke to Dana after sitting down, as if he got some bad news. Itv dude mentioned rumours of a fine for laying hands on Floyd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Khabib in Russia! That'll be massive. Hopefully a reasonable time of the evening as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Alright, Floyd was god-awful, Conor was decent. Another 10-8 and everyone relieved it's all over.

Especially relieved Sam Matterface won't try pronounce Khabib's surname again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,653 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Conor wants to fight Khabib in Russia next!!!

According to Dana says ITV

Dana said that a couple of weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Khabib in Russia! That'll be massive. Hopefully a reasonable time of the evening as well.

I reckon he'll retire after this fight tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Khabib news was out 2 weeks ago ffs lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Dana said that a couple of weeks ago.

Thought he just said he defends the belt next...didnt hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I reckon he'll retire after this fight tbh

If he wins, maybe, because he hasn't defended any of the 4 belts he's won. I think he'd be quite happy to quit while ahead. If he loses, though, I'd say he won't want to finish on a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

martyos121 wrote: »
    I don't know what's worse; the shîte Mayweather is spurting or the fact that Conor has nothing witty to come back with.

There wasn't alot to come back at was there......reckon he just wanted it over .......so did Floyd but was finding it hard to end it so went on and on and on :D

Not a chance he goes to Russia to get strangled by the bear killer! Not unless they top this pay day which is impossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Overall the whole thing was fairly embarrassing for humanity but that's not unusual these days. Floyd saying 'yeeeah' is the most irritating noise I've heard in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

The comment he's so glad to be so close to home kinda got to me.

He has also banged on about the fans and how much he wants to do a gig in Ireland yet he never seems to actually fight for it. If he is such a boss why isn't he showing some respect to all of us that went to Vegas.

It's almost like its lip service to keep people paying to travel to Vegas.

If he wins, maybe, because he hasn't defended any of the 4 belts he's won. I think he'd be quite happy to quit while ahead. If he loses, though, I'd say he won't want to finish on a loss.

No losers in this fight bar the people who pay to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Khabib news was out 2 weeks ago ffs lads

Yeah... said Conor wants to fight in Khabini in Russia couple of weeks back and truth be told... Dana most likely made it up just to give UFC fans something to chew on while McGregor fights Floyd.

I'd say he was just asked about that there and the reporter overheard it and thought it was some official announcement or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Considering both ITV Box Office and Sky Sports carried this press conference, I assume there still hasn't been a deal done for the fight!

Is there even a way to get ITV Box Office in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

zuutroy wrote: »
    Overall the whole thing was fairly embarrassing for humanity but that's not unusual these days. Floyd saying 'yeeeah' is the most irritating noise I've heard in a long time.

these were a kick in the taint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

zuutroy wrote: »

It wasn't even in the top 3 most embarrassing things this week nevermind humanity. Trump has 2 of those locked up trying to rip the arms off Mr and Mrs. Macron with that lunatic handshake he does :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Whatever shít Conor got for the boy comment Floyd will have twenty times for the ****** comment..

Christ this would have been pathetic....

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/885953694470213632

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Im in no doubt this thing is a farce now. They couldnt even be arsed to come up with any dirt on each other and more tension in a post office que than the ring, boring, tedious crap.

Who knows, maybe they have the end of this fight pre determined like WWE. I genuinely thing this thing is so staged they wouldnt leave the ending to chance. I think they have decided to take it easy and it will be a Mayweather points victory, Conor is gallant in defeat announces his MMA retirement and announces his new Hollywood career. No point having a real scrap when moneys made and both dont wanna risk injury. Despite the money they will make NEITHER is willing in my book to risk anything.

Mayweather on points (as per pre arranged agreement methinks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Considering both ITV Box Office and Sky Sports carried this press conference, I assume there still hasn't been a deal done for the fight!

Is there even a way to get ITV Box Office in Ireland?
    Sky 493 was watching start on it until they censored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What in the shyte are daily edge.ie talking about.

"If the comments he made about invading countries to kill people had been made to him as an Irish person, there would have been uproar.

Yet, nobody blinked when he said it to José Aldo.

It's time to stop pretending what Conor McGregor says isn't racist"

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    What in the shyte are daily edge.ie talking about.

"If the comments he made about invading countries to kill people had been made to him as an Irish person, there would have been uproar.

Yet, nobody blinked when he said it to José Aldo.

It's time to stop pretending what Conor McGregor says isn't racist"

Back to my other point. Floyd hates gay people then? According to tonight's commentary Conor is a fag.
    It's all nonsense but the hypocrisy amuses

My thoughts in general on the fours days.
    Lighten the **** up (not aimed at you Zero-cool I mean in general). It's was entertaining.
    People will moan about anything and yet the people who give out about this the most are the people who watched it for the last four nights straight.

Same when it comes to the fight.

Enough of **** going on in the world, this makes for a positive distraction.

Highlights for me were the way McGregor called the Jersey Shore rejects 'juicehead monkeys', slagging May for sounding like a Power Ranger last night and then when Floyd grabbed his and Dana's mics, Conor going and grabbing Floyd's and saying "I'm too quick for you!".

And don't forget Weasel face! He really DOES look like one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He needs to embrace it like dillashaw, from this day forward he IS Showtime Weasel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Him vs. Dana White would do bigger numbers than a Mighty Mouse card.

Ah who am I kidding, Joey Diaz eating a Big Mac in his jocks would even do bigger numbers than a Mighty Mouse card.

I really do think he was tempted to stand up, ah that woulda been epic! In fairness I'd let Conor teabag me on live tv if I was getting what Weasal is on this fight!

And don't forget Weasel face!

Aye.... and what makes it even better is that right after last night's presser he said he was running out of patience with McGregor's antics :p

When Mayweather asked him to point at the 'Easy work' tonight, did he do it?

As the camera cut away to Dana and McGregor breaking their holes laughing and so wasn't sure what he did in response to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Boxing fan in peace.

McGregor has made an enemy out of Showtime, he clearly has breached his contract by touching Mayweather.

Anyone care to guess how much of his purse will be lost? He even tried to apologise for it which was embarrassing.

I think these press conferences cater to the lowest common denominator.

Ali was charismatic and quick, Mcgregors is very serious and has an edge to his comments.

How much will McGregor lose for touching his head?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement