Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I could absolutely see Diaz fight Tony Ferguson on December 30th.

The rabbit in the hat...

The only way Tony should agree to this is if they strip Conor and make it a title fight. Nobody should have to defend an interim title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The only way Tony should agree to this is if they strip Conor and make it a title fight. Nobody should have to defend an interim title.

Even if they do that, Ferguson still won't have a chance at the McGregor belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That would actually be class, we would get an epic fight and Conor would have a reason to get back in the octagon. Pity the UFC wouldn't dream of doing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Have a feeling that if Mcgregor fights again it will be for a new belt or a novelty type fight. I really can't see him defending the belt. He has never done it with any of his belts yet and I think it's a risk he's not willing to take.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Harsh holding his no cw defences against him in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »

He's a bum, a real man would have delayed going to the UFC to defend those straps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He has never done it with any of his belts yet and I think it's a risk he's not willing to take.

Which belts are you talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Gamebred wrote: »

It's not even harsh, it's beyond stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

eddie73 wrote: »
    It wouldn't affect it imo. Even if he were to lose v Woodley, he could always say that it was a fight in a division he has only fought in a handful of times and the lightweight division is where it is at.

It would if he tapped or got KO'd sparko.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mellor wrote: »
    Which belts are you talking about?

Kinda getting tired of that argument myself too. He was set to defend the 145CW belt and his opponent pulled out, he took the title fight at 155 to save the card. From here he was offered UFC so took that and cleaned out the 145 division. It's only since MayMac that he has been holding up a division

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Kinda getting tired of that argument myself too. He was set to defend the 145CW belt and his opponent pulled out, he took the title fight at 155 to save the card. From here he was offered UFC so took that and cleaned out the 145 division. It's only since MayMac that he has been holding up a division

Yeah but he's still holding it up! the one where Holloway is champion, the one he won in the Summer, rematch next week ........that division, Conor McGregor is holding it up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Yeah but he's still holding it up! the one where Holloway is champion, the one he won in the Summer, rematch next week ........that division, Conor McGregor is holding it up :D

Holloway is Champ of that division, he's not 'Interim', despite all the talk Conor was stripped/relinquished that title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's a bum, a real man would have delayed going to the UFC to defend those straps

He furthered his career. Who cares about some people thinking he's not a real man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Effects wrote: »
    He furthered his career. Who cares about some people thinking he's not a real man?
    Whoosh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Effects wrote: »

Only a grotesque capitalist would ignore terrible human conduct on account of money.

Notorious movie is out today for digital purchase. You know what that means..... That you can buy it digitally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Notorious movie is out today for digital purchase. You know what that means..... That you can buy it digitally.

the perfect gift for all the little mcnuggets xmas stockings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yep already up on all your usual sites ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

xtal191 wrote: »
    Yep already up on all your usual sites ;)

i was 30 minutes into it, and realised it was the RTE one I was watching. Was thinking "There's **** all new in this!"

• Advertisement

i was 30 minutes into it, and realised it was the RTE one I was watching. Was thinking "There's **** all new in this!"

Yeah one is called Conor McGregor: Notorious and the other is Notorious: Conor McGregor :o

Just finished watching Notorious, a few good parts in it, the 189 stuff was interesting enough. Everything else seemed very rushed, overall a very forgettable documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

glasso wrote: »
    he didn't even watch the video!

Yeah I think he just thinks Conor hopped in the cage, I'd say if he knew Conor assaulted a commissioner and ref he wouldn't have had the same nonchalant reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just watched the movie, load a bollox really, just a dragged out version of the rte documentary. It did make me realise why I liked him in the first place and not this new persona he has

Just watched the movie, load a bollox really, just a dragged out version of the rte documentary. It did make me realise why I liked him in the first place and not this new persona he has

I was thinking the exact same thing while watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Or download it for free if you're Google savvy. :D

Cage Warriors is willing to let anyone out of their contracts if UFC wants them so Conor not defending his CW titles is on them. Its also on UFC for not demanding he defend his title/s in their organization. They created the proverbial monster that we now see and they can't control it or contain it.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Or download it for free if you're Google savvy. :D

WY3lX.gif

• Advertisement

WY3lX.gif

I was joking [that smiley face at the end should have been the tip off]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement