Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I noticed McGregor twice tonight saying that he likes Leornard and was thinking the following comments from last night might be why he went out of his way to do that (even though he did also take the piss out of whatever the hell he was wearing):

Contrast that with three or four interviews with Floyd over the past few days were he was more that happy to imply that not only was what Conor said racist, but that he was in fact a racist person.

Stuff like that matters a great deal and not just on with on a personal level but also when it comes to things like sponsorship. No brand wants anything to do with an athlete that's name is attached to anything negative like that for obvious reasons and so I expect Conor appreciates Ellerbe saying what he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Post-presser-presser. Erm. Conor taking questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Post-presser-presser. Erm. Conor taking questions.

Those journalists are useless why not ask him about the potential breach of contract?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Boxing fan in peace.

McGregor has made an enemy out of Showtime, he clearly has breached his contract by touching Mayweather.

Anyone care to guess how much of his purse will be lost? He even tried to apologise for it which was embarrassing.

I think these press conferences cater to the lowest common denominator.

Ali was charismatic and quick, Mcgregors is very serious and has an edge to his comments.

How much will McGregor lose for touching his head?

Not a dime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The above interview is one of the best he's ever done in terms of genuine stuff.

Key quote:

Q. People were worried you'd retire after this fight, what do you say to that?

A. "I'm just turned 29. I'm fresh. I'm going nowhere for a long, long time.".

• Advertisement

The above interview is one of the best he's ever done in terms of genuine stuff.

Key quote:

Q. People were worried you'd retire after this fight, what do you say to that?

A. "I'm just turned 29. I'm fresh. I'm going nowhere for a long, long time.".

Conor strikes me as an impulsive person. He said get in and get out at one stage on his career.

How much do you think he will be fined Wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ya. Whole fight is called off because he touched him.

Go to bed lads.

Ah, karma..... now Floyd will have the PC brigade after him.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/885974472783781889

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If there was a fine then even 100k would be excessive, and even at that it's just a drop in the ocean of what's at stake.

I definitely think there is one though. Although surely Floyd would have mentioned it. He did kinda hint at it with all the "I ain't gonna touch you!" comments.

Dana definitely took the wind out of Conor when he sat down though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Leo is a legend, I wish he worked at the UFC, he might do when Floyd gets KO'd!!!! ÉIRE MUDDAFUKKAAASS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Who knows, maybe they have the end of this fight pre determined like WWE. I genuinely thing this thing is so staged they wouldnt leave the ending to chance. I think they have decided to take it easy and it will be a Mayweather points victory, Conor is gallant in defeat announces his MMA retirement and announces his new Hollywood career. No point having a real scrap when moneys made and both dont wanna risk injury. Despite the money they will make NEITHER is willing in my book to risk anything.

This is a ridiculous statement thrown around a lot. Why is did Floyd fight again after the jackpot against pac. Why did Ali keep fighting, fighters will keep on fighting until there body breaks down. Conor will be fighting for the next 7-8 years. Probably more infrequently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

What was Floyd passed there and put it under the table? Anyone see that?

aye seen it... prob gum ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I'm intrigued now to know a) why Conor didn't mention Floyds domestic violence past?
    b) what Floyd tried to bring up during the face to face?
    c)what was in Floyd's back pack that he couldn't get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I'm intrigued now to know a) why Conor didn't mention Floyds domestic violence past?
    b) what Floyd tried to bring up during the face to face?
    c)what was in Floyd's back pack that he couldn't get?

Why Conor didn't mention Floyd's domestic violence past? Because beneath the hype he's a fan, and has a huge amount of respect for him and would rather do business with him again in the future than burn any bridges. Just my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Still Ill

McGregor coming out rapping, shouting out to Biggie and giving Mayweather the Jay Z album really reminded me of this..
    "See that film last night?" "Denzel Washington? He's not my favourite actor of all time by the way. My favourite actor of all time is Mister Sidney Poitier."

Does Floyd even know this happened yet.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/885962137839034368

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Way Floyd was carrying on, it was like he didn't know these were being streamed all over the world. Sure they're won't be anyone in the crowd tonight that was at the other 3, I'll get away with using the exact same lines.

You have to give it to him though, how he handled Conor's antics. He just laughed or completely ignored him, had no effect on him at all, he really couldn't give a fook.

Felt that did get to Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Its obvious from the both of them that this was just a bit of fun....there is nobody in anybody elses head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That was the worst performance of the entire tour tonight (by Floyd) by a significant distance and that's some achievement after Conor's performance last night.

Utterly embarrassing. He'd have been better off not leaving his chair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Anyone listen to commentators on itv before it started? One asked the other what did he think about the weight class they were going to fight at.

Answer - Conor is the lightweight champion, so fighting at 154 lbs will be new to him and light middleweight might not suit him.

Obviously didn't do any research and realise weight classes in UFC are different.

RE: questions about Conor not mentioning Floyd's domestic violence.

It is clear that contractually, he can't. I'm surprised that the crowd in London didn't get a chat about it going however.

It's a pity as he should be tasked with facing the heat on it throughout the build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone else find Mayweather's repeated "YeaaaAAAH!" a little annoying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

dashoonage wrote:
    Serious question: whos the lady with mayweather ?
    xtal191 wrote:
    His daughter?

Yes. His daughter Iyanna Mayweather

Ohhh Dana didn't like him touching Mayweather.
    Anyone care to guess how much of his purse will be lost? He even tried to apologise for it which was embarrassing.
    How much will McGregor lose for touching his head?

Dana was pissed because Conor just cost him money. There are reportedly significant fines built into the contract for touching. Floyd just smiled after he did it because it likely increased his cut.
    All the sjws will be up in arms about Floyd saying Faggut

The word police will love that one

martyos121 wrote:
    By the end of this presser, Floyd will be unzipping Dana's trousers.

Yeah, he was sucking Dana's dick again tonight

Any comments about Mayweather's faggot comment from the media etc?

Yes. His daughter Iyanna Mayweather

Dana was pissed because Conor just cost him money. There are reportedly significant fines built into the contract for touching. Floyd just smiled after he did it because it likely increased his cut.

The word police will love that one

Yeah, he was sucking Dana's dick again tonight
    how did Conor cost Dana money and not cost Conor money?

McGregor: "he's on about disrespecting women. I don't even have to speak on his past, and I didn't speak on his past. I thought it (accusations of racism) was a dirty play on his part."

He was then asked as a follow up question why he didn't bring the domestic violence up and he responded with the following:

"Whatever. We had fun up there. I don't need to bring certain things up. There was enough for me to have fun with, so whatever. I'm not trying to put someones dirty business....whatever, I'm here to fight now so **** all that other ****."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Paully D wrote: »
    RE: questions about Conor not mentioning Floyd's domestic violence.

It is clear that contractually, he can't. I'm surprised that the crowd in London didn't get a chat about it going however.

It's a pity as he should be tasked with facing the heat on it throughout the build up.

Leonard Ellerbe said in an interview (yesterday i think) that it was not contractually off the table and it could be brought up etc.
    My own meaningless guess is going back to Toronto the other night when Floyd said "I'm saving something about you, about you and the females", i found that Conors reaction to that being very very telling that Floyd actually had some dirt on him. And also in the backstage press interview tonight Conor said that Floyd was mentioning things below the belt during the face off and that if he did then he would bring up the domestic violence.

So basically they drew a line. Now whether there is dirt on Conor with other women i wouldnt have a clue, but theres something there that he definitely did not want mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

how did Conor cost Dana money and not cost Conor money?

The UFC are getting a cut of Conor's purse. That's their payment for letting the fight happen.

• Advertisement

gilmour wrote: »
    Leonard Ellerbe said in an interview (yesterday i think) that it was not contractually off the table and it could be brought up etc.
    My own meaningless guess is going back to Toronto the other night when Floyd said "I'm saving something about you, about you and the females", i found that Conors reaction to that being very very telling that Floyd actually had some dirt on him. And also in the backstage press interview tonight Conor said that Floyd was mentioning things below the belt during the face off and that if he did then he would bring up the domestic violence.

So basically they drew a line. Now whether there is dirt on Conor with other women i wouldnt have a clue, but theres something there that he definitely did not want mentioned.

Yeah, based on my latest post it could be accepted that it actually was in play and McGregor decided he wouldn't roll with it. Although I do accept he was hardly going to tell the journalist it's in the contract that he can't mention it.

I don't disagree with your theory. Perhaps an agreement that they won't go there regarding females or "extra curricular activities", which probably suited both. Though I am sure that Floyd's racism card move probably brought Conor very, very close to going there.

Fair play to the journalist for asking. At least we now have some sort of clarification.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement