Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

spix wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is real footage? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cn2LUL6OQo

the guy who says "Oi! Calm down, calm down" sounds English.
    "Oi" is also an English phrase.
    The skangers look more Dagenham than Drimnagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭cletus

If its real footage of the brawl the only part I can see with mcgregor is him throwing a large piece of furniture into a group of people.

Sorry, what I meant was, its definitely footage of something, but there's no indication of what, or where, or when, or who

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

This McGregory is a bad guy and he is representing our country poorly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Anyone know if this is real footage? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cn2LUL6OQo

I'm fairly sure I saw that clip years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

Same this not the right footage it's as English as Harry Kane himself . "Oi ou mate" unless there was a bunch of English lads in the forge that nite watching some boxing match from 10 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Perhaps Mayweather did cause some brain damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

this is better entertainment than the denis silver fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

sc86 wrote: »
    this is better entertainment than the denis silver fight

Did he refer to Siver as a Nazi at one stage?

Autochange wrote: »
    Did he refer to Siver as a Nazi at one stage?

he did, even though Siver is Russian and didn't move to Germany until he was 17.

McGregor moved himself to the mean streets of Lucan when he was even younger, but seems to identify himself as a Crumlin man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

who cares what he called silver

• Advertisement

sc86 wrote: »
    who cares what he called silver

I do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I do

Nazi... i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor's due in court tomorrow / later today for that speeding offence, let's hope he makes it home in one piece, as remember what happened the last person that pissed off members of the underworld as they were making their way home from appearing in court on a speeding charge.

Hope I didn't jinx the fcuker :P

McGregor's due in court tomorrow / later today for that speeding offence, let's hope he makes it home in one piece, as remember what happened the last person that pissed off members of the underworld as they were making their way home from appearing in court on a speeding charge.

Would it not be a bit obvious no? Nothing will happen.
    Strip him of his belts. Release him from contract and let him disappear. Khabib would smother him and Ferguson would knock his head off. He wont return to fight either of them. Set him free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

plus iirc the judge said at the last hearing that he must show up for this one. If he doesnt then the judge will be issuing a bench warrant for his arrest. Blanch District Court is gonna be mobbed with media in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Strip him of his belts. Release him from contract and let him disappear. Khabib would smother him and Ferguson would knock his head off. He wont return to fight either of them. Set him free

Jaysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Jaysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

lol

Ferguson has a change, but its not by outstriking him. Lando had Tony jelly-leggin in the first round.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    plus iirc the judge said at the last hearing that he must show up for this one. If he doesnt then the judge will be issuing a bench warrant for his arrest. Blanch District Court is gonna be mobbed with media in the morning.

Either Conor or a legal representative must turn up. My guess it will be the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

"Honestly, I would have thought long ago, if you would have asked me five years ago, I would have thought, gosh, he would have fallen off a cliff, because of the influences from all these idiots hanging out with him," he said. "I thought he would fall off the cliff. But he has good balance. Apparently he stood at the edge of the cliff, but he didn’t fall off, so now he’s getting back on the (right) path."

"Sure, I’m definitely worried about it," he said. "We’ve had that conversation. So, not only does he hang out with idiots, he acts like an idiot sometimes, and if he keeps doing it he will become an idiot himself."

- Mike Winkeljohn (head coach) on The MMA Hour, February 23rd, 2015 talking about Jon Jones popping for cocaine after UFC 182 and expressing concern about his constant partying.

The posts on Reddit and some on here at the time Jones popped were along the lines of:

"Relax ffs he's young and rich in his 20's enjoying his life no harm in it, not performance enhancing."

Let's see about that...

Two months after that interview, Jones ran from the scene of a hit-and-run. He was sentenced to 18 months probation and since then he has been arrested for violating his parole and been popped twice by USADA. Chael Sonnen's alleges that he has 6 kids with different women than his wife and is paying a fortune in secret child support. He lost at least $15 million in paydays with his shenanigans.

I'm not hearing anyone who matters - Dana, JK, Audie Attar, Tony McGregor, Dee Devlin - say there's a problem with Conor when there clearly is one. Dana at least called out his "cling-ons" but the rest of them are afraid to say a word in public.

Getting on the front page of papers for calling someone a "Fag*ot", assaulting employees at an event, pushing refs, slapping the head off criminals, going on four-day-benders with nitrous oxide cannisters everywhere, smashing up hotel rooms, ending up in a tree-house off his face, drinking double-vodkas at 3 o' clock in the day, breaking the phone of a young fella who was videoing him, getting done for speeding and not showing up while on another bender - that's called an 'orgy of evidence' of reckless behaviour and you don't need a Minority Report to see where this is heading.

Mike Winkeljohn at least had the backbone to risk upsetting his biggest star and publicly say there was a problem. He had the balls to call out Jones friends as a bunch of idiots. Jon took his advice on board, checked into rehab but ultimately it failed because the same leeches were around him as soon as he got home.

He lost years from the prime of his career and millions of dollars.

What is "Win or Learn" supposed to even be about if you can't take one look at everything Jon Jones lost and learn from it?

The clear lesson of Jon Jones tale is a big part of any solution is putting as much distance as possible between a fighter and the leeches surrounding them.

5,000 miles and an ocean would be my suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

- Mike Winkeljohn (head coach) on The MMA Hour, February 23rd, 2015 talking about Jon Jones popping for cocaine after UFC 182 and expressing concern about his constant partying.

The posts on Reddit and some on here at the time Jones popped were along the lines of:

"Relax ffs he's young and rich in his 20's enjoying his life no harm in it, not performance enhancing."

Let's see about that...

Two months after that interview, Jones ran from the scene of a hit-and-run. He was sentenced to 18 months probation and since then he has been arrested for violating his parole and been popped twice by USADA. Chael Sonnen's alleges that he has 6 kids with different women than his wife and is paying a fortune in secret child support. He lost at least $15 million in paydays with his shenanigans.

I'm not hearing anyone who matters - Dana, JK, Audie Attar, Tony McGregor, Dee Devlin - say there's a problem with Conor when there clearly is one. Dana at least called out his "cling-ons" but the rest of them are afraid to say a word in public.

Getting on the front page of papers for calling someone a "Fag*ot", assaulting employees at an event, pushing refs, slapping the head off criminals, going on four-day-benders with nitrous oxide cannisters everywhere, smashing up hotel rooms, ending up in a tree-house off his face, drinking double-vodkas at 3 o' clock in the day, breaking the phone of a young fella who was videoing him, getting done for speeding and not showing up while on another bender - that's called an 'orgy of evidence' of reckless behaviour and you don't need a Minority Report to see where this is heading.

Mike Winkeljohn at least had the backbone to risk upsetting his biggest star and publicly say there was a problem. He had the balls to call out Jones friends as a bunch of idiots. Jon took his advice on board, checked into rehab but ultimately it failed because the same leeches were around him as soon as he got home.

He lost years from the prime of his career and millions of dollars.

What is "Win or Learn" supposed to even be about if you can't take one look at everything Jon Jones lost and learn from it?

The clear lesson of Jon Jones tale is a big part of any solution is putting as much distance as possible between a fighter and the leeches surrounding them.

5,000 miles and an ocean would be my suggestion.

You can change win or learn to win or earn. JK while not ultimately responsible is not going to upset his cash cow, possibly to the detriment of sbg brand seems as conor is figurehead.. That much is clear, or all his talking, its clear hes a hypocrite. Ive no problem with JK profiting off mcgregors success, he deserves it imo.

That talking to conor needs takes balls and if has already privately happened ( id hope many have tried) then he and everyone else should publicly call him out on it.

If nothing else john ( and others) should be responsible towards conor as a friend not an athlete or a money maker.

Sadly theyre all on the money train and are happy to ride it til.it derails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads, enough with the fake news and photoshopped images of social media accounts..if you have something that is news post a source otherwise dont post at all.

Is this Aimed at Subcomandante Marcos when he told us to book flights to Vegas for 219 card for MCG V Diaz 3? im €700 down the swanny for trusting conor would be fight fit in 6 weeks

dave1982 wrote: »

Somebody needs to tell Tony that it's quite easy to buy your tv licence online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That's not the black forge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ferguson would knock his head off.

Tony would be murdered in a stand up fight with him.
    Has more of a chance if he can get it to the ground without being KO'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Tony, door stepped by the Mirror, cheeky fcukers.
    Tony answered the front door of his house in a quiet estate in Lucan, West Dublin wearing aviator-style sunglasses, a jacket and scarf.

“That’s all nonsense, that is. Absolute nonsense. It’s an absolute nonsense story.

“It’s grown legs and it’s getting that ridiculous – it’s become funny. We have nothing to fear here whatsoever. There’s no one after us for anything.

“We’re a law-abiding family and we’ve stayed a law-abiding family.

He added: “As a matter of fact, right now I’m going out to buy my TV licence.

"I’d view 95% of that story as nonsense and the other 5% is overly exaggerated. And that’s it."

When asked if police, called gardai in Ireland, had been in contact, he added: “Guards have no reason to be in touch. Why would they?”

He also said that Conor was with his partner Dee Devlin minding their son, adding: “He’s at home with his son

“We’re all just settling down for Christmas now. I’ve just got the grandson’s presents in today, they just came in from America.

“I’ll be wrapping them, putting them under the tree for the big day. That’s it.”

tony-mcgregor-conor-dad-2911117.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did they go all the way over to Dubai to talk to him? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

He look's like such a tool. I've never warmed to Tony McGregor. He acts like he's a celebrity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement