Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Redo91 wrote: »
    He look's like such a tool. I've never warmed to his Tony McGregor. He acts like he's a celebrity.

He actually would be considered a 'celebrity' in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

callaway92 wrote: »
    He actually would be considered a 'celebrity' in fairness.

Not really. Would you say the likes of Rory McIlroy, Brian O'Driscoll or Roy Keane's dads are celebrities? He's only well known because he has put himself in the limelight.

I remember watching one of the Notorious documentaries a while back and I thought he came across as an awful tool. It was before a fight in the 3 Arena and he was going up to fans posing for photographs. He just loves the attention. Most parents of famous sportspeople would be happy to let their son or daughter get all the attention and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

In fairness, that's partly the court's / judge's fault as she had previously said:
    “either come to my court and make an argument themselves or send a legal representative on their behalf”.

In fairness, that's partly the court's / judge's fault as she had previously said:

jaysus you'd grasp at any straw

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/conor-mcgregor-dublin-court-11572118

She subsequently adjourned the case to November 30.

Mr Geraghty, then asked: “Just to clarify is it okay to send a solicitor on his behalf.”

The Judge replied that she was “not in the business of giving legal advice” and added “it’s up to himself”.

judge didn't definitively say either way. with the fooking around in the previous dates obviously didn't curry favour with the judge.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »

What are you shiteing about? I'm just quoting what she said.

Mirror reporting that he's at the court now and have a few pics up of his car outside the court.

1PNG.png

Louis Copeland gear must all be at the cleaners.

COURTS%20McG%202.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

glasso wrote: »

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/conor-mcgregor-dublin-court-11572118

She subsequently adjourned the case to November 30.

Mr Geraghty, then asked: “Just to clarify is it okay to send a solicitor on his behalf.”

The Judge replied that she was “not in the business of giving legal advice” and added “it’s up to himself”.

judge didn't definitively say either way. with the fooking around in the previous dates obviously didn't curry favour with the judge.

She said he had to appear himself or send a legal representative. If a solicitor isn't a legal representative, who is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

What are you shiteing about? I'm just quoting what she said.

Mirror reporting that he's at the court now and have a few pics up of his car outside the court.

1PNG.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcHlReqg--S/

Certainly looks like he is in Dublin by this

Fined €400.

McGregor fined €400 after pleading guilty to speeding

UFC fighter Conor McGregor has been fined €400 at Blanchardstown District Court after pleading guilty to a speeding offence.

McGregor appeared in court after being ordered to do so by a judge.

Judge Miriam Walsh told McGregor's solicitor he would have to attend in person if he wanted evidence given in the case.

Lawyer Graham Kenny told the court McGregor wanted to plead guilty after being clocked driving at more than 100km/h on the N7 Naas Road at Rathcoole, Co Dublin, on 31 March.

He said McGregor had filled in his name incorrectly when he returned a fixed charge penalty notice over the incident. The fighter left his middle name Anthony off the form, the court was told.

Judge Walsh said the case had been mentioned on two previous occasions and she was annoyed that he was not in court to give evidence in person.

"Like everybody else, if he's putting in a plea of mitigation he has to be here," she said.

Mr Kenny said he would contact the UFC lightweight champion.

Judge Walsh added: "I'm giving him one more opportunity. If he's not here the next time I'm going to seek a bench warrant. This is like a broken record."

She said she had already dealt with McGregor's business associate and business manager at previous court hearings and was now dealing with the case through his solicitor.

"This is absolute disrespect to the court," she said. "I'm very annoyed with Mr McGregor in the same way I'm annoyed with any other defendant."

She told Mr Kenny: "You can tell him there'll be a bench warrant coming his direction if he's not here."

• Advertisement

They should really breathalyse him as he leaves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Judge is an anti McGregor shill with her attitude, he wipes his arse with 400e absolute state of the tv cameras outside the court waiting for him, but sure hes hiding in spain and Tony's out in Dubai with 900k strapped to his body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Knacker in a tracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

He look's like such a tool. I've never warmed to Tony McGregor. He acts like he's a celebrity.

He's just an old lad trying to relive the youth he wishes he had with his sons money. A bit of a knob but harmless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Certainly looks like he is in Dublin by this

That's outside Frank Keane BMW by the looks of it. (I work right there, I'm not a human satnav or something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gamebred wrote: »
    Judge is an anti McGregor shill with her attitude, he wipes his arse with 400e absolute state of the tv cameras outside the court waiting for him, but sure hes hiding in spain and Tony's out in Dubai with 900k strapped to his body.

Was the court busy when you were there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

His BMW I8 is not white anymore or he must have got a new one.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Tony's out in Dubai with 900k strapped to his body.

Why would he have it strapped to his body? Kinehans request bitcoin payment for anything above €300,000.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Knacker in a tracker

Standard attire for the district courts in this country. I was in court a while back over a mobile phone offence, I wear a suit to work so was in court in a suit, I was approached about 10 times by people thinking I was a solicitor

They should really breathalyse him as he leaves.

Why? To make it look like they harass famous people for no reason?

• Advertisement

ollie1 wrote: »
    His BMW I8 is not white anymore or he must have got a new one.

Yeah, looks better I think.

IMG_2298JPG.jpg

I prefer the white myself. Haven't liked black in a BMW since the E30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Bought a new one because someone on here last week said he's not as rich as he makes out because his i8 is ''old''.

Effects wrote: »
    Why? To make it look like they harass famous people for no reason?

No because he looks ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Not really. Would you say the likes of Rory McIlroy, Brian O'Driscoll or Roy Keane's dads are celebrities?
    I wouldn't. But I also wouldn't know any of their names nor would I recognise any of them. Which is kinda of the point he was making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

haha he's going mad on the instagram today. Dya think he's trying to take advantage of all whole bar-fight blow-up in MMA media by posting loads of pics of him going to court. The more ignorant Americans will think he's being done for the assault.

what a total scobe photo. why bother going for that look when it's only a speeding fine?
    why isn't he doing his usual pigeon-walk strut? looks way worse pulling the hoodie up like that.

275926_54_news_hub_224134_656x500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That's outside Frank Keane BMW by the looks of it. (I work right there, I'm not a human satnav or something)

Yup. Harris vehicles in the background.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement