Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

He has taken comparatively less than most other MMA fighters so no. He is just acting the prat

may not be a cumulative effect. all it takes is one bad one. I'm basing this on Joe Rogan always talking about Sam Kinnison and his change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Anybody care to updatt me on recent goings on? Last I heard he hit some guy in a pub. Take it from there. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Anybody care to updatt me on recent goings on? Last I heard he hit some guy in a pub. Take it from there. Thanks

He has agreed to defend a belt :D once Tony wipes out the kinehan cartel and pays his tv lience in post office

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

The state of Ward in his full kit Gym King gear. Surprised that fat little worm Dunphy wasn't there.

****ing Brilliant :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Conor won his third consecutive title in the Forge. As per form, refused to defend. And so Big Tone went to Dubai and had a sit-down with Christy Kinahan, who was much aggrieved at Conor's unwillingness to defend. Big Tone relayed that his son apologises to nobody. And then dropped the bomb that his son now has three kids, one a piece for each belt. The triple champ just don't give a f#ck.

Then Conor went to court in a tracksuit. Paul Williams pointed out that his motor is only 1.5l. Conor, though ego-bruised at the remark, showed great restraint and didn't even slap Williams. Conor is now evidently a reformed character.

• Advertisement

Conor won his third consecutive title in the Forge. As per form, refused to defend. And so Big Tone went to Dubai and had a sit-down with Christy Kinahan, who was much aggrieved at Conor's unwillingness to defend. Big Tone relayed that his son apologises to nobody. And then dropped the bomb that his son now has three kids, one a piece for each belt. The triple champ just don't give a f#ck.

Then Conor went to court in a tracksuit. Paul Williams pointed out that his motor is only 1.5l. Conor, though ego-bruised at the remark, showed great restraint and didn't even slap Williams. Conor is now evidently a reformed character.

That’s all funny but serious like, what’s goin on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

as a country have we not more important stuff to be talking about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Just a skanger with sporting talent is this McConor. This kind of behaviour is well in line with those from his background. Terrible example being set for kids who look up to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

sc86 wrote: »

Haha we're not the country though.

We're an mma forum in a mcgregor thread.

for the love of god he is a cage fighter not a priest :D

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha we're not the country though.

We're an mma forum in a mcgregor thread.

the media in general
    its on the rte new ffs :D

this thread this last few days has cheered me up no end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Sorry yeah, we should discuss more pressing matters such as the housing crisis, in this, the Conor McGregor thread, on the dedicated MMA forum. Sorry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

covering his face with his hood leaving the court was so stupid. no conor that's for unknown people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

froog wrote: »
    covering his face with his hood leaving the court was so stupid. no conor that's for unknown people.

same as everything else conor's doing it's a pisstake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just a skanger with sporting talent is this McConor. This kind of behaviour is well in line with those from his background. Terrible example being set for kids who look up to him.

This just sums up the guy alright.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Sorry yeah, we should discuss more pressing matters such as the housing crisis, in this, the Conor McGregor thread, on the dedicated MMA forum. Sorry again.

you need to get out more :D

Jaysus can somebody enlighten me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frog4fro

Scum

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frog4fro

Ya his a real scumbag. Scumbag with money gone to his head. He will get done away with soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Conor smacks around the cousin of two lads who he smashed up a month back (outside their houses) in a pub in Walkinstown. A relative of an infamous gangster here tried to intervene and Conor gave him a few slaps too, not realising who he was. These lads are heavily involved in organised crime. Here's where things really take a turn - Tony McGregor flew out to Dubai to pay the TV license, and when he came home, he told reporters from tabloids that they're a law abiding family, and that he just happened to be off to meet Christy Kinahan to organise Conor's protection, all above board and in keeping with the law.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads I am not going to keep repeating myself - we have a charter and some of you need to go read it. No fighter bashing..I dont care what he did or where, coming in calling fighters names is against the charter. Yellows handed out, next time its a ban. You are all well aware at this stage unless you have just decided to drop in and give your 2 cents..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I was there. Feel free to ignore this, because I don't have evidence to prove my claims over the internet, but here it is anyway: McGregor came in full steam ahead, obviously looking for the lad in question. He said to the lad that he made a grave error threatening him, that he was "no Al Capone" and that extorting a McGregor is the final act of a suicidal wannabe street thug, then went off on how he could pay someone to kill him there and then etc. It sounded like he'd thought long and hard about the best way to phrase those lines in the car on the way there, because he was interrupted a couple of times and restarted the interrupted soundbites again from the beginning each time. Anyway, it was surreal as **** just because of who he was, and here he was standing in the pub arguing, looking like a typical eejit from the street. It looked like the lad was reaching in his waistband, and McGregor must have thought he was going for a gun or a knife. That's when he Alvarezed the **** out of him. Knocked him out cold with a 3 or 4 shot combo. This is the part I haven't heard mentioned yet, but it's what made the situation change from "wow, am I dreaming this?" to "OK this man is off his ****ing rocker":

He reached down and took out the gun the lad had in his waistband, held it up by the grip with a finger and thumb, dangling it as if it were a smelly sock, and he started laughing and joking about what a pussy the KOed fella was etc. The place went weirdly silent for a few seconds, a wee pocket of calm in the middle of the chaos, and it was during that pocket of silence that I scooted my chair back as I was about to get up to leave. The "churrggh" of the chair scraping on the floor made McGregor snap his gaze onto me instantly, and presumably thought I was one of the KOed boy's crew making a move. And that's when it happened. He raised the gun and pointed it at me. I put my hands up and said "wow wow what the ****!" and as soon as the kay-sound of "****" was out of my mouth, he fired, killing me instantly with a headshot. When he realised I was just an innocent bystander, he apologised, told me my family would want for nothing and that I was welcome to use the SBG training facilities any time I wanted. I asked how I was supposed to do that now that I was dead, and he said "sure I've been dead since the late 90s and it hasn't stopped me!" We laughed together, bonded by our mutual deadness.

And that's when they showed up. The GhostDisposers. Paddy Venkman and Mark Spengler came in with their proton packs and started chasing the two of us around, firing at us and laying down traps everywhere. And that's when it happened: McGregor fired a hadoukon that hit both of them at the same time, instantly turning them into 3rd gen iPads. McGregor and I exchanged email addresses, then he left. Since then I've just been haunting the snug where my body was, apparently you have to stay at the place you died for at least 24 hours before you can move on to haunt other places, some EU bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I hope this doesn’t anger the mods but take this as you will
    https://twitter.com/whelan_megxx/status/935955618036355073

Either bread has been paid up or nothing happened at all. I suspect the latter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

There's a surprise lol all the amatuer sunday world journos can relax now and the group chat bollox whispers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

14murphy wrote: »
    I hope this doesn’t anger the mods but take this as you will
    https://twitter.com/whelan_megxx/status/935955618036355073

Either bread has been paid up or nothing happened at all. I suspect the latter.

To be fair, it does seem like nothing much happened after what's come out today. Between this, Tony's interview (not that he'd admit much) and Conor taking the piss with his IG "the celebrity" tweet the other day (looked to me that he was ridiculing the media), I seriously doubt this is anywhere near as big as people think. Probably a scuffle in the pub, he might have slapped someone around. I have serious doubts about 90% of these rumours. Why would Tony go to Dubai to pay his TV license? He could easily wire it via western union.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hilarious that a load of wasters from Drimnagh/Crumlin can start a global sh*tstorm about a professional athlete through a WhatsApp group. Nothing better to do I suppose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

McConor would drop that belt to the Mexican-Scot or Khalaabeeb faster than you could say ispini. He will drop that belt and retire rather than face either of them. Two tough fights and I favour both against McConor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Big takeaway from this weeks events is that Tony McGregor is conceivably a Keyser Soze type character. Taxi-man me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

for the love of god he is a cage fighter not a priest :D

Ridiculous isn't it......'bad example for the kids who look up to him' ....as some cheer him on while be beats someone senseless to a bloody pulp while others want to see him a bloody mess and get choked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Like i said days ago. No way there was no video footage if it happened. GOAT roll on the next fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement