Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭xtal191

Popularity:

Conor is amongst the top 200 people on the entire planet when it comes to social media reach. That's not my opinion, that's his factual level of fame and popularity. Instagram touching 15 million, Twitter 5 million, Facebook likewise. I've said it before and I'll say it again - there's only 3 sports people on the planet growing in social media faster than Conor and they are Ronaldo, Messi and James Rodriguez.

He holds 2 of the top 5 most retweeted sports tweets ever. His "thanks for the cheese" tweet is 5th and his Floyd fight announcement is 2nd only to Leicester City's "Champions" tweet.

How the hell is James Rodriguez so popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

everlast75 wrote:
    1) FM by KO/TKO 2) FM by points 3) FM by disqualification 4) CMcG by KO/TKO 5) CMcG by points 6) CMcG by disqualification 7) fight does not go ahead

The most likely result for me is FM by KO/TKO. For obvious reasons, He's the greatest boxer in the world, up against a guy who has never boxed at any high level before

2nd most likely FM by disqualification,
    The MMA instincts may cause Conor to do something stupid like throwing is foot or knee out, especially when he becomes frustrated as his inability to hit Floyd.

3rd most likely is that the fight does not go ahead. Not because it's likely at all, (I believe it will go ahead) I just can't visualise a scenario where McGregor wins.

He's not going to KO Floyd because he won't be able to hit him,

He's not going to win by decision because again he won't be able to hit Floyd and even if he could he doesn't have the endurance or stamina to go 12 rounds.

And Floyd is not going to be DQ'd because he's the most disciplined in ring fight ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

He's not going to KO Floyd because he won't be able to hit him,

You're saying Conor lands zero punches or zero clean hurtful punches?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Just on the Showtime & UFC YouTube channels, the tour currently generated 19.M views combined I read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

munster87 wrote: »
    Lads why do ye keep feeding him? He's always talking nonsense, nothing new, let him at it.

Because just like Conor, I'm appealing!

Go on..admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Watched Brown Breakdown :D

Said Floyd was playing with the local crowd as a fag in England is a cigarette.

Said in Ireland there is practically zero black people ESPECIALLY where Conor is from. Conor from Dublin the most multicultural county in the country.

No I'm not making this this was actually said :D:D:D

You're saying Conor lands zero punches or zero clean hurtful punches?

Yeah. I would be very surprised to see a single clean punch landed on Mayweather. He may get a couple of touches off shoulders and arms, but nothing that will connect to the head or body of Mayweather.

Hurtful punches? No! Nothing that Floyd hasn't experienced a thousand times before. He may have some pain in his hands after the fight from cracking Conor will left hooks and straight rights. But nothing by Conor's hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Watched Brown Breakdown :D

Said Floyd was playing with the local crowd as a fag in England is a cigarette.

Said in Ireland there is practically zero black people ESPECIALLY where Conor is from. Conor from Dublin the most multicultural county in the country.

No I'm not making this this was actually said :D:D:D

Jaysus. He'd a have a point if he didn't say the full word, that's trash even by Schaub's low standards.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Just on the Showtime & UFC YouTube channels, the tour currently generated 19.M views combined I read.

I took a bit of time to go through the youtube videos on each tour stop and the total view count for all the content over the 4 stops stood at roughly 93.5 million. It averaged out at 23.4 million for each stop.

So, for example:

Toronto:

Youtube Channel:View Count

UFC: 4.6 million (including Dana's VLOG)
    UFC on Fox: 3.95 million (4 videos)
    Showtime: 3.1 million (including floyd interview & Paulie/Schaub analysis)
    TheFightDown: 2.45 million (main presser)
    MMA Fighting: 1.8 million (7 videos)
    Octagon News: 1.3 million (main presser)
    MMA Weekly: 1.1 million (9 videos)
    BT Sport - 980,000 (4 videos)
    Mixed Martial Arts News: 920,000
    Fightwatch - 655,000 (5 videos)

Then a bunch of smaller channels hit smaller numbers.

When you factor in a lot of people watch stuff through facebook or embedded content on websites (not youtube) they've pushed well past 100 million in combined views this week.

As a complete aside, "Conor McGregor's suit" is one of the most searched items on google worldwide this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

walshb wrote: »
    And because of this taking it personally, like I have done you an injustice, is why these discussions are always doomed.

i dont take it personally you or Conors like or boards, i just think you are a troll and like to stir the pot and change direction when proved wrong

• Advertisement

Yeah. I would be very surprised to see a single clean punch landed on Mayweather. He may get a couple of touches off shoulders and arms, but nothing that will connect to the head or body of Mayweather.

Hurtful punches? No! Nothing that Floyd hasn't experienced a thousand times before. He may have some pain in his hands after the fight from cracking Conor will left hooks and straight rights. But nothing by Conor's hand.

Ok.

If it goes the distance, Conor lands over 100 punches in my opinion.

If the fight ends in the first 6 rounds it is because Conor knocked him out.

If the fight ends between rounds 7-11, it is because Floyd stopped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Because just like Conor, I'm appealing!

Go on..admit it.

It's interesting that you find him so appealing

i dont take it personally you or Conors like or boards, i just think you are a troll and like to stir the pot and change direction when proved wrong

There's no proving right or wrong here..

I don't think he is a star...

End of..

Separate note, anyone hear that 70 euro the price for PPV here..

There's no proving right or wrong here..

I don't think he is a star...

End of..

So cant prove yourself correct and had many comments calling your posts ridiculous

You still dont think he is a star by your Zeus like standards of kiddy fiddler Michael Jackson, Alco Bare ruth and died by glutteny Elvis who are STARS

And so you meander to another point of the price of the PPV to change the subject yet again.

Whatever the price is people are paying to see Conor... not Floyd maybe knocked out again....and not a star in your book.

You are making a fool of yourself.

So cant prove yourself correct and had many comments calling your posts ridiculous

You still dont think he is a star by your Zeus like standards of kiddy fiddler Michael Jackson, Alco Bare ruth and died by glutteny Elvis who are STARS

And so you meander to another point of the price of the PPV to change the subject yet again.

Whatever the price is people are paying to see Conor... not Floyd maybe knocked out again....and not a star in your book.

You are making a fool of yourself.

Let it go, kiid!

Let it go, kiid!

Congrats on the wit

I'd be interested where you heard that because last I heard ITV Box Office are still in the bidding against Sky, with BT Sport having dropped out of the race.

I'd be very surprised if Sky don't secure the deal and slightly surprised if they priced it at €70. I was thinking they'd go with £30/€35 (slightly more expensive than the Joshua PPV) but it's obviously possible they'll milk us.

Congrats on the wit

You're welcome..

I'd be interested where you heard that because last I heard ITV Box Office are still in the bidding against Sky, with BT Sport having dropped out of the race.

I'd be very surprised if Sky don't secure the deal and slightly surprised if they priced it at €70. I was thinking they'd go with £30/€35 (slightly more expensive than the Joshua PPV) but it's obviously possible they'll milk us.

It was on a FB link I clicked earlier today.

How genuine it was I don't know, hence me asking. Looked genuine..

Sportsjoe.ie.......not sure that's a credible site..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Reading walshb's posts in this thread is cringier than the Brooklyn presser, that takes some doing.

• Advertisement

If it goes the distance, Conor lands over 100 punches in my opinion.

If the fight ends in the first 6 rounds it is because Conor knocked him out.

If the fight ends between rounds 7-11, it is because Floyd stopped him.

It's highly unlikely to go the distance. Conor will gas out long before.
    I doubt he will be on there long enough to throw 100 punches, never mind trying to land one.

I would give a 0% of Conor scoring a KO. If the fight end inside 6 It will be Mayweather by KO/TKO. I don't think it will go that long. I have Mayweather winning inside the first 3.

Floyd probably will stop him but it won't take him 7 rounds, I don't think Conor will the stamina to make it this far in. Even if for some reason Floyd hasn't gone for the kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

I doubt he will be on there long enough to throw 100 punches, never mind trying to land one.

I would give a 0% of Conor scoring a KO. If the fight end inside 6 It will be Mayweather by KO/TKO. I don't think it will go that long. I have Mayweather winning inside the first 3.

Floyd probably will stop him but it won't take him 7 rounds, I don't think Conor will the stamina to make it this far in. Even if for some reason Floyd hasn't gone for the kill.

Can never give 0% for a KO in fairness

So you'd be very surprised then to hear the odds of 13/8 on offer for Mayweather to win in under 8.5 rounds?

You're saying there's a 0% chance of Conor winning or lasting so 13/8 is a bet of a lifetime when someone has 0% chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭highbury1913

It was on a FB link I clicked earlier today.

How genuine it was I don't know, hence me asking. Looked genuine..

Sportsjoe.ie.......not sure that's a credible site..

I read that article earlier.

Not sure they knew that was the price for certain over here. They referred to what it will cost in the US and I think they were putting that out there more as the equivalent of what it might cost over here.

I would be nearly certain it won't be anywhere near that price although it maybe slightly higher here than the normal Sky Box Office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor to land 100 punches over 12 rounds?! Are you serious? If so, are you counting punches to arms and blocked punches in that?!

McGregor to land 100 punches over 12 rounds?! Are you serious? If so, are you counting punches to arms and blocked punches in that?!

TBF he did say that i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

and there was me thinking i was a fanboy! christ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭xtal191

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement