Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Joe.ie had an article about the supposed sparring KO...... but have since pulled it.

https://www.joe.ie/sport/boxer-claims-that-conor-mcgregor-was-knocked-out-in-sparring-session-595381

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The ballsyest thing Mayweather did the whole tour was wear those damn platforms.

I guess he felt it was worth it given that he'd be closer to eye level during the face off.

But man they're shocking looking things altogether :p

mmh3.jpg
    You think the shoes are the most shocking thing about that photo? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I watched the Vargas video a couple of hours ago. Vargas said Brandon Rios knocked out McGregor in sparring. I dont think they are even using him as a sparring partner.

Its just Vargas talking ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Am i the only one with that ''money money money team'' rap song floyd was playing at the pressers jammed into my head? catchy to be fair to him keep noticing myself singing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Depp wrote: »
    Am i the only one with that ''money money money team'' rap song floyd was playing at the pressers jammed into my head? catchy to be fair to him keep noticing myself singing it!

yep you are

ps interesting insight from someone whos been reffing every mcgregor sparring session https://www.thesun.ie/sport/mma/1272632/irelands-only-pro-referee-who-spent-time-in-conor-mcgregors-training-camp-claims-he-will-last-12-rounds-against-floyd-mayweather/

• Advertisement

No, in my head too.... reminds me of a Tupac tune, wrecking my head which one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

spix wrote: »

Ah but this ref forgot to mention the time Artem KO'd him stiff in sparring the other week with a spinning backfist... :rolleyes:

I say my fair share of stupid sh1t but whoever said Vargas is a reliable source needs to spend a good hour slapping themselves. Vargas is one of the biggest trolls in boxing.

Anyway, good to hear his cardio is on point. Let's be real - he should be in supreme shape with the amount of fitness professionals he's surrounded by.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Ah but this ref forgot to mention the time Artem KO'd him stiff in sparring the other week with a spinning backfist... :rolleyes:

I say my fair share of stupid sh1t but whoever said Vargas is a reliable source needs to spend a good hour slapping themselves. Vargas is one of the biggest trolls in boxing.

Anyway, good to hear his cardio is on point. Let's be real - he should be in supreme shape with the amount of fitness professionals he's surrounded by.
    Why would Vargas say it? He clearly has contacts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Vargas and those boxers have been chatting **** about mcgregor on the esnews youtube channel for months, thats why he says it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭xtal191

Heres the video, not that I believe him

• Advertisement

Who exactly are these contacts you are talking about?

Vargas and those boxers have been chatting **** about mcgregor on the esnews youtube channel for months, thats why he says it.

Boxing is a small world and Floyd has a lot of nut huggers. This is why I hope Malignaggi doesn't join the McGregor camp...he will just be a rat for Floyd

This is why I hope Malignaggi doesn't join the McGregor camp...he will just be a rat for Floyd

No he wouldn't.......... he said it himself that he would be a team player and not talk to anyone about what happens.... until fight night.

Speaking of which, my favourite moment of the entire week was Conor calling Elie Seckbach a b1tch to his face :pac:

For anyone who doesn't know, Elie Seckbach runs a youtube boxing channel called Esnews. He's been slagging Conor off for months on it.

Conor strolled by him this week, Elie put his head down and Conor made a point of turning to him and calling him a b1tch :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've been going about my business shouting "Hard Work!" several times, followed by a long "Yyeeeeaaahh". Seems to be be working for me anyway

No he wouldn't.......... he said it himself that he would be a team player and not talk to anyone about what happens.... until fight night.

Malignaggi was slopping himself all over Mayweather in Toronto after the on stage stuff. He would be a rat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Malignaggi was slopping himself all over Mayweather in Toronto after the on stage stuff. He would be a rat.

What exactly would he report back? McG isnt great at boxing? Wow groundbreaking stuff

Malignaggi's a boxer. Of course he's gonna be nice to Floyd, given that Floyd's probably the greatest boxer his sport has ever produced.

........but that don't make him a potential rat.

Sure Schaub was virtually blowing him too.... doesn't mean he'd do anything to hinder Conor's already slim chances of success just because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Malignaggi's a boxer. Of course he's gonna be nice to Floyd, given that Floyd's probably the greatest boxer his sport has ever produced.

........but that don't make him a potential rat.

Sure Schaub was virtually blowing him too.... doesn't mean he'd do anything to hinder Conor's already slim chances of success just because of that.

Lol, bollocks is he.

You emboldened the word 'probably'.... but yet ignored it :p

Point is: many think he is any Paulie certainly sees him as one of the greats (if not the greatest) and that's the point I was making.

Just because Paulie was clearly in awe of him was in no way indicative of that he therefore will leak info about McGregor.

Total nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

You emboldened the word 'probably'.... but yet ignored it :p

Point is: many think he is any Paulie certainly sees him as one of the greats (if not the greatest) and that's the point I was making.

Just because Paulie was clearly in awe of him was in no way indicative of that he therefore will leak info about McGregor.

Total nonsense.

Every man has his price, and Floyd has lots of money.

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Every man has his price, and Floyd has lots of money.

Here we go......

signs-movie-foil-hats-joaquin-phoenix.jpg

I'm getting sick and tired of the Irish media's continued denigration of Conor.

Eamonn Sweeney wrote a pearler of an article today - http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma/comment-conor-mcgregor-represents-not-toxic-masculinity-but-toxic-imbecility-35934744.html

QUOTE:

"In a way McGregor is a kind of Anna Kournikova, who became perhaps the most famous women's tennis player, and one of the richest, despite never winning a singles title. Athletic talent is not always the most important thing in the modern sporting world. McGregor's appeal has as much to do with showbiz as sport."

I don't mind if they want to take shots at him for his personality but that's absolute garbage. I'd love to write a response to that nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Clickbait muck and you've took the bait Wonder let them be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'm getting sick and tired of the Irish media's continued denigration of Conor.

Eamonn Sweeney wrote a pearler of an article today - http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma/comment-conor-mcgregor-represents-not-toxic-masculinity-but-toxic-imbecility-35934744.html

QUOTE:

"In a way McGregor is a kind of Anna Kournikova, who became perhaps the most famous women's tennis player, and one of the richest, despite never winning a singles title. Athletic talent is not always the most important thing in the modern sporting world. McGregor's appeal has as much to do with showbiz as sport."

I don't mind if they want to take shots at him for his personality but that's absolute garbage. I'd love to write a response to that nonsense.

Sounds like it's written by someone who knows nothing about MMA, and spends more time on McGregors Instagram page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Wow... Showtime are letting Fox broadcast the prelims for the MayMac card. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

So The Sun run an article from a ref who says Conor will go the 12 with Floyd and thats to be believed.

But the video of Jessie Vargas...thats a lie and trolling.

Gotcha.

Gintonious wrote: »
    So The Sun run an article from a ref who says Conor will go the 12 with Floyd and thats to be believed.

Gotcha.

Crazy concept I know to trust someone who has been in the camp for weeks and not trust someone who has never even set foot in Ireland based on chinese whispers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Crazy concept I know to trust someone who has been in the camp for weeks and not trust someone who has never even set foot in Ireland based on chinese whispers...

...But it a pro boxer and knows the people he has sparring with him.

Trusting a rag like the Sun as well, keep on truckin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gintonious wrote: »

Gotcha.

If Teidt said none of this then he'd clear it up..

Liking or disliking the Sun doesn't mean its articles are untrue..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement