Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

walshb wrote: »
    If Teidt said none of this then he'd clear it up..

Liking or disliking the Sun doesn't mean its articles are untrue..

Its use in here to validate hearing something that posters like, over a video of a pro boxer saying that he has heard he was knocked out which is then met with "he is trolling" etc, that was my main issue.

Regardless, The Sun is garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Depp wrote: »
    Am i the only one with that ''money money money team'' rap song floyd was playing at the pressers jammed into my head? catchy to be fair to him keep noticing myself singing it!

Nope i was like 'banger' but i'm known for my poor taste

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/mcjasonsquires/status/886634132176072704

Am labeling this fake news, and if not it wont sell 20k between here and england.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jesus christ, that'd be around 150e. Can't be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Lol, bollocks is he.

Floyd is probably the best boxer ever and definitely of the past 50 years.
    The only name that you could throw in their to argue against him as the all time greatest is Sugar Ray Robinson. It was a different time in the sport so it's impossible to really compare but I believe if you put a prime Robinson from 1951 up against a prime Mayweather from 2009. I think Mayweather beats him by UD, Obviously we won't ever know for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

D.Q wrote: »
    Jesus christ, that'd be around 150e. Can't be true.

Absolute waffle so it is. It won't cost us more than 30 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Inviere

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/mcjasonsquires/status/886634132176072704

Am labeling this fake news, and if not it wont sell 20k between here and england.

Fook that, I seriously hope that's not the case as it'd be pure greed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Floyd is probably the best boxer ever and definitely of the past 50 years.
    The only name that you could throw in their to argue against him as the all time greatest is Sugar Ray Robinson. It was a different time in the sport so it's impossible to really compare but I believe if you put a prime Robinson from 1951 up against a prime Mayweather from 2009. I think Mayweather beats him by UD, Obviously we won't ever know for sure.

Based off what?

Him squeaking past a smaller Manny or and older past his best Oscar?

Struggling with a crude brawling Maidana

SRR and SRL and some other WWs would have decimated those lads..

Floyd would have nothing on offence to keep SRR/SRL or Hearns honest, and not a chance he'd outbox them..

Floyd would be an ATG at 130-140..

Above this he was not near the GOAT!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The US ppv price is the same for this fight as it was for Mayweather vs Pacquiao so its unlikely the price here will be any different either, it was €25 for it so even if they add a tenner it wont be more than €35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The android boxes will be on full workout that night if it costs that amount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Thats a troll account for anyone who doesnt know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If they did have a crazy high price I'm sure they'd have a plan to nuke the streams to go along with it. I've heard that streams havent been good for a couple of months now, maybe there is a concerted effort to stop those pirates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

If they did have a crazy high price I'm sure they'd have a plan to nuke the streams to go along with it. I've heard that streams havent been good for a couple of months now, maybe there is a concerted effort to stop those pirates

There is always a stream, its a bollox account and as GB states they would sell **** all if its true which it isnt

I am expecting they push the boat out on this PPV here..

I can't see myself going over 35 euro for this..

I wonder will they make it an even 50 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

walshb wrote: »
    I am expecting they push the boat out on this PPV here..

I can't see myself going over 35 euro for this..

I wonder will they make it an even 50 euro?

See them trying there luck at £39.00 greedy ***** or as you say even 50 euro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks no talk of streams, boxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Well Charlie Ward just got KO'd by the canvas in his fight. First time I've ever seen that. Be shocked if he wasn't dropped now by the UFC, and to be fair he really shouldn't have got in anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

and that account with the alleged PPV price is a pi55take account.

Price will be at the same rate as AJ Klit - £25 $30 - with differing price points at increments of €5 depending on if you by before the saturday or opt for a HD stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Well Charlie Ward just got KO'd by the canvas in his fight. First time I've ever seen that. Be shocked if he wasn't dropped now by the UFC, and to be fair he really shouldn't have got in anyways.

To be fair he keeps getting matched up with freaks

walshb wrote:
    Based off what?

It's not just the accolades or the tenure. Floyd Is an undefeated world champion across 5 different weight classes dominating the sport for 20+ years.

But what makes him that best is his boxing ability. The art of hitting and not getting hit, He is the master of defensive movement and accurate counter punching.

walshb wrote:
    Him squeaking past a smaller Manny or and older past his best Oscar?

You can make all the generic excuses you and other Mayweather haters use to try to minimise his success. "Oscar was old" "Manny was too small" The reality is Floyd was better than both of them. Two all time greats in their own right were made to look like everyone else he has outboxed and outclassed over the years.

walshb wrote:
    Struggling with a crude brawling Maidana

I didn't see any struggling, Maidana was though as nails and credit to him he landed a nice punch but contrary to popular hater belife, Floyd can take a punch, as rare as they may come.

walshb wrote:
    SRR and SRL and some other WWs would have decimated those lads..

What relivence does that have. Pacquiao beat Oscar and Hatton faster than Mayweather, But Pacquiao couldn't beat Mayweather. It's styles that make fights. Robinson and Leonard may very well have beat most of Mayweather's opponents in "more exciting fashion" But could they break down his defense, win rounds against Floyd? I don't think so.

walshb wrote:
    Floyd would have nothing on offence to keep SRR/SRL or Hearns honest, and not a chance he'd outbox them..

Floyd creates his offence off his masterful defensive, Haters like to say he has no offense but the compubox stats tell a difference story, His accuracy and efficiency are unmatched.
    Leonard, Robinson and Hearns could try to attack him but Floyd has the ability to slip them, counter with a left hook/ straight right combination and move to safety.

walshb wrote:
    Floyd would be an ATG at 130-140..

He beat a much younger, bigger, stronger Canelo Alvarez who apparently weighed well above 160lbs on fight night.

walshb wrote:
    Above this he was not near the GOAT!

The only fighter that would really give Floyd some trouble in the ring would be SSR. Because of the style of a true boxer up against and elite boxer/ punchers. That would be an amazing fight, I'd only we have a time machine

• Advertisement

So querying Mayweather as the GOAT is now being seen as a Mayweather hater?

I think I'll bow out on this one...

130-140 ATG

147 and above.. no fooking way the GOAT!

walshb wrote:
    130-140 ATG

walshb wrote:
    147 and above.. no fooking way the GOAT!

Ridiculous statement.
    He was at his very best fighting at Welterweight 147 and even going up to Light Middleweight, 3 different times to beat the best in the world.

At Welterweight Judah, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Guerrero, Maidana (twice) Pacquiao and Berto.

His wins at 154lb arguably more impressive against Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Canelo Alvarez

JMM... blown up FW

Mosley? WW clearly past his best days.

Manny? Blown up FW..

Berto and Guerrero? Who are these two? Throw in Ortiz too..

Oscar..like Mosley he had seen better days, and Mayweather squeaked past him

Hatton? FFS....

You threw out a lot of names there...doesn't get me thinking the GOAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Ridiculous statement.
    He was at his very best fighting at Welterweight 147 and even going up to Light Middleweight, 3 different times to beat the best in the world.

At Welterweight Judah, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, Guerrero, Maidana (twice) Pacquiao and Berto.

His wins at 154lb arguably more impressive against Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Canelo Alvarez

Seriously, Sugar Ray Leonard's resume shits all over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

It's not just the accolades or the tenure. Floyd Is an undefeated world champion across 5 different weight classes dominating the sport for 20+ years.

But what makes him that best is his boxing ability. The art of hitting and not getting hit, He is the master of defensive movement and accurate counter punching.

You can make all the generic excuses you and other Mayweather haters use to try to minimise his success. "Oscar was old" "Manny was too small" The reality is Floyd was better than both of them. Two all time greats in their own right were made to look like everyone else he has outboxed and outclassed over the years.

I didn't see any struggling, Maidana was though as nails and credit to him he landed a nice punch but contrary to popular hater belife, Floyd can take a punch, as rare as they may come.

What relivence does that have. Pacquiao beat Oscar and Hatton faster than Mayweather, But Pacquiao couldn't beat Mayweather. It's styles that make fights. Robinson and Leonard may very well have beat most of Mayweather's opponents in "more exciting fashion" But could they break down his defense, win rounds against Floyd? I don't think so.

Floyd creates his offence off his masterful defensive, Haters like to say he has no offense but the compubox stats tell a difference story, His accuracy and efficiency are unmatched.
    Leonard, Robinson and Hearns could try to attack him but Floyd has the ability to slip them, counter with a left hook/ straight right combination and move to safety.

He beat a much younger, bigger, stronger Canelo Alvarez who apparently weighed well above 160lbs on fight night.

The only fighter that would really give Floyd some trouble in the ring would be SSR. Because of the style of a true boxer up against and elite boxer/ punchers. That would be an amazing fight, I'd only we have a time machine

I've seen it all now... two boxing fans (who tend to lower the quality of discussion on this thread) arguing about the greatest boxer of all time in the MMA forum.
    *cough* Home>Topics>Sports>Boxing

I can't wait for August 26th, McGregor gets a chance at greatness and we get our forum back ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Just reading the Vargas story now. It may be a long shot, but how much would ye love it if all these reports of training woes for Conor prior to this fight are actually deliberately deployed psyops for propaganda purposes - lure Floyd into a false sense of security?

I seem to recall that Floyd or someone on his team actually floated that idea several weeks ago, that they reckon some of the "McGregor's boxing training is a disaster so far" stuff is BS being spread to try and make Floyd let his guard down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Conor's sparring partners have signed nda's of course its complete rubbish, good job from Vargas getting the publicity mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

In regards to Conor's sparing partners there's a danger that the Rousey effect might happen, in which good boxers will be brought in to spar but do they really want to ' beat up' the star? The guy whose favor could seriously boost your profile.

Rousey was on Rogan's podcast with Edmund discussing the fight with Bethe Correia, and Ronda was praising Edmund and how he predicted the early KO. Edmund simply replied that he knew it would happen because in sparing Ronda was beating good boxers and had KOed a few.

Unknown female boxers were getting in the ring with the superstar and were they feck gonna spar hard with her or beat her up. So they were going in and letting Ronda 'Win' then collecting their cash and the profile bump off rubbing shoulders with the sports biggest superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

JJayoo wrote: »
    In regards to Conor's sparing partners there's a danger that the Rousey effect might happen, in which good boxers will be brought in to spar but do they really want to ' beat up' the star? The guy whose favor could seriously boost your profile.

Rousey was on Rogan's podcast with Edmund discussing the fight with Bethe Correia, and Ronda was praising Edmund and how he predicted the early KO. Edmund simply replied that he knew it would happen because in sparing Ronda was beating good boxers and had KOed a few.

Unknown female boxers were getting in the ring with the superstar and were they feck gonna spar hard with her or beat her up. So they were going in and letting Ronda 'Win' then collecting their cash and the profile bump off rubbing shoulders with the sports biggest superstar.

JK, and more importantly Roddy, aren't that clown Edmund.
    They have enough experience to know if that's happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Gunni Nelson got put away with a light jab. Are they sparring like maniacs at SBG or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement