Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Fairly long term thinking, film the meteoric rise from nowhere to this.

Even defeat to Floyd will have him the peoples champ (film wise, I mean.)

Knock him all you want, he makes some shrewd decisions. And some very questionable ones. (The FU suit line. It's going to be expensive, I genuinely don't think that'll end well. Then again, he's minted. I'm not. )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lighthouse Theatre in Camberwell in London are screening the fight for £20 entry.

Hope a few similar places here follow suit. Would love to see it in the dark of a theatre / cinema with comfy seats and a bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    I always wondered where the footage they were clearly capturing before Aldo and Mendes fights ect went to, makes sense now but they will have to cut so much good stuff up I reckon for it.

They could probably make 2 or 3 films out of that amount of material.

Shows the insane self-belief Conor has to have a videographer following him everywhere for the last 3 years. He was clearly thinking ahead to documentaries and films about his rise to the top.

Edit - Sofiztikated beat me to it.

50 cent on The Daily Show on Comedy Central tonight talking about Conor lol

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/887813053219078145

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

50 cent on The Daily Show on Comedy Central tonight talking about Conor lol

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/887813053219078145

How much of that is what conor actually wanted? he has 50cent out now promoting his fight. very clever if that was his plan, which it must have been or am I naive.

• Advertisement

HattrickNZ wrote: »
    How much of that is what conor actually wanted? he has 50cent out now promoting his fight. very clever if that was his plan, which it must have been or am I naive.

The Brooklyn presser was certainly a low-point in strict terms (Conor came across badly) but if you're viewing it simply from a promotional point of view, it was a roaring success.

As you say, 50cent is now being asked about Conor on American tv.

Comedy Central is primarily a channel aimed at millennials (also a key target audience for the fight) and The Daily Show has been killing it in the ratings lately. Then you factor in between The Daily Show, Trevor Noah (host) and 50cent they have a combined social media of another 65 million, all getting this clip posted.

To actually buy that publicity - to have 50 Cent basically plugging Conor v Floyd - would cost a pretty penny.

So yep, yet again Conor knows what he's doing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I actually love the gymnastics that occur tbh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He commented under one of 50's videos on instagram I noticed the other day cant remember what he said something about him being old or so.

In fairness, 50 Cent has been pimping this fight for a long time.

I can remember Dana on some radio show telling a story of how he was at a party and 50 Cent called him aside and told him to keep pursuing the fight (or words to that effect) as Floyd absolutely wants it. That was maybe a year ago.

Last week before the presser he was on Kimmel talking about the fight also.

Since then there's been............
    Hahaha The little leprechaun knocked the **** out in the gym again. LOL

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWskFnFFEyL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pimping it Pete? That's a very lazy negative racially charged stereotype there m8.

• Advertisement

I actually love the gymnastics that occur tbh

Enlighten us.

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Pimping it Pete? That's a very lazy negative racially charged stereotype there m8.

Very lazy insinuation more like.

Here's another post from me:
    Rogan trying to pimp the idea of McGregor vs Nick Diaz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It was just banter mate.

Ah fair enough... apologies so. You never know on Boards though. Seen people get accused of racism for less.

Besides.... I'm a pimp from the waist down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Inviere

Since then there's been............

"Hahaha The little leprechaun knocked the **** out in the gym again. LOL"

Have the racism brigade been called? Looks like we've a code 14 here...

Ah fair enough... apologies so. You never know on Boards though. Seen people get accused of racism for less.

Besides.... I'm a pimp from the waist down.

I thought he was being serious :pac::pac: I was going to say fiddy has a song called P.I.M.P. haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Boxing purists:

This fight is a joke. >>>

Money grab! Circus! >>>

MMA fans don't understand how complicated boxing is and how much time it takes to get good at it >>>

Floyd will make a fool of him. Conor won't land a punch!>>>

If Conor lands a punch it was pure luck. >>>

Floyd allowed him to land the punch! >>>

If Conor wins a round it's because Floyd wanted him to.>>>

This fight is probably rigged. If Conor wins it was a scam. >>>

It's fairly pathetic stuff has to be said.

If it was Conor v Floyd in the Octagon I can guarantee every one of us on our forum would keep it very simple:

Conor kills him inside 2 minutes. The end.

sums up the whole thread in 1 post - sticky this on main page please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

sc86 wrote: »
    sums up the whole thread in 1 post - sticky this on main page please

It does, and some of the points in it are true, or at least what a lot of people are thinking and IMO have justification for thinking.

The fight is a joke......take that one. That untrue? Really, people believe it's something credible?

Money Grab: Are people really silly to see this as a money grab?

Floyd will make a fool of the non pro boxer? No way, that can't be!

Oh, and if this was in the Octagon there would be still cries of this fight is a joke, and a money grab....because that is what it would be. A non MMA fighter taking on a very good MMA fighter in the Octagon. Joke!

So, really, these points are all valid and expected IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

2v7xfr7.jpg

He'd want the hope he lands with that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not that it matters much, but he looks in some shape in that pic

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    Not that it matters much, but he looks in some shape in that pic

He's a supreme looking athlete

He's a supreme looking athlete

Ripped to bits. Those ribs and sides look so exposed. Floyd by KO via right/left hook to the liver....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

walshb wrote:
    Ripped to bits. Those ribs and sides look so exposed. Floyd by KO via right/left hook to the liver....

How does one cover ones side while throwing a punch at full reach/extension?

VW 1 wrote: »
    How does one cover ones side while throwing a punch at full reach/extension?

They don't, unless they're Mayweather!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

walshb wrote: »

Stupid post. Unless they grow an extra arm, no boxer will ever be able to cover their ribs while simultaneously throwing a punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

walshb wrote:
    They don't, unless they're Mayweather!

Any pics of that? Sounds impressive.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Stupid post. Unless they grow an extra arm, no boxer will ever be able to cover their ribs while simultaneously throwing a punch.

I dont think he meant it literally. He meant Floyd throws at the right time , with speed and at the correct angle . Most importantly though , when he does let his hands go he normally lands which mean nothing is coming back.

John_D80 wrote: »

Don't be so silly.....

If you cannot understand what I mean then move on...you aren't even replying to my post in the correct sense....You are making a separate point altogether.

If Floyd gets an opening and cracks in a hard clean shot to the liver/ribs then Conor could be dropped and knocked out. My point was more in the general sense. Should Floyd crack in a clean shot to those ribs/liver he could end it. Not necessarily when Floyd is in motions throwing a punch.

And just to please you, as it seems you're a little agitated by my posting, the same applies if Conor cracks in a well placed hard shot to Floyd's exposed liver-ribs.

This is not a tickling competition...

VW 1 wrote: »
    Any pics of that? Sounds impressive.

Because a really special talent can throw and land when he knows the opposition is in a position that won't allow him to counter to an area of the body. That's the kind of built in innate skills some boxers possess. You either have that or you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

walshb wrote: »
    Don't be so silly.....

If you cannot understand what I mean then move on...you aren't even replying to my post in the correct sense....You are making a separate point altogether.

If Floyd gets an opening and cracks in a hard clean shot to the liver/ribs then Conor could be dropped and knocked out. My point was more in the general sense. Should Floyd crack in a clean shot to those ribs/liver he could end it. Not necessarily when Floyd is in motions throwing a punch.

And just to please you, as it seems you're a little agitated by my posting, the same applies if Conor cracks in a well placed hard shot to Floyd's exposed liver-ribs.

This is not a tickling competition...

Why didn't you say that in the first place then if that's what you meant instead of the tripe you posted previously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement